BEST week to be working from home

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you ESPN2 for airing Euro2008. 2 games each day.

working from home this week has been great (for once).

Turkey just tied it up on the Swiss, if anyone cares...

*crickets chirping*

Actually for me that's the perfect day for nuclear annihilation.

The Turkey-Swiss game is pretty good. Too bad the field is soaked. I remember from the Giants-Dolfags game that the rain puddled on the pitch. Either way, it is a good game. I am enjoying the game from Austria so it is a late game and the announcer yelling german things makes it exciting too.

On a side note:

The excitement after a team scores is amazing. I think soccer can be compared to hockey or a Bills game because the good guys score so rarely.

thank you ESPN2 for airing Euro2008. 2 games each day.

working from home this week has been great (for once).

Turkey just tied it up on the Swiss, if anyone cares...

*crickets chirping*

Hey!! Its time to clean up those horse stalls bucko!!

The skill level in soccer is unbelievable. Check out this video of an older guy busking on Las Ramblas in Barcelona. He owns that ball! I saw someone in Poland doing a similar street act-

If he "owns" the ball... What are the scores of the soccer games he is in? Probably blow outs right? maybe high double digits?

Didn't think so! Does he really "own" the ball in a 90 plus minute game that ends up 1-0 or worse 0-0?

Betcha all the soccer teams are clamoring for this goal scoring machine!

:lol::w00t:

If only he was on my team... He "owns" the ball... I'd hope he would play for 5 minutes score 5 goals and then I could not have to watch the other 85 minutes of paint drying, "trap soccer"... Us hockey fans do have to endure the Devils and Wild!

Sign him up!

:lol:

Got a question since I don't know soccer. Watching Croatia and Germany today during lunch. The clock hits 90 minutes, then they start the +clock. Croatia was ahead, 2-1. Why were they still playing?

There were still three people awake in the stands.

Got a question since I don't know soccer. Watching Croatia and Germany today during lunch. The clock hits 90 minutes, then they start the +clock. Croatia was ahead, 2-1. Why were they still playing?

the clock you see on tv is not the official time that the ref keeps himself on the field.

stoppage time, as they call it, can last 2 minutes. it could last 20.

and you just keep playing til he says stop.

the clock you see on tv is not the official time that the ref keeps himself on the field.

stoppage time, as they call it, can last 2 minutes. it could last 20.

and you just keep playing til he says stop.

So like the times the ball goes out of bounds and they wait to kick it back in, doesn't count during that initial 90 minutes, even though the "TV Clock" is running, right?

So like the times the ball goes out of bounds and they wait to kick it back in, doesn't count during that initial 90 minutes, even though the "TV Clock" is running, right?

exactly. at the speed of continuing the game theres no way they could keep the clock in sync unless they slowed it down.

and if you think its tough to watch now, imagine if every stoppage was draaagged out. yikes.

THERE IT IS!!

eat it germany!!

DAMN you Croat bastards!!!

No worries...we'll still come out of this group, and the cup is OURS!!! NO CUP FOR CROATS!!!

Italy better have a strong showing against Romania tomorrow, or Meazza is going to shat himself.

well not really... the refs are supposed to stop their onw clock only during long stops, like injuries. A moment before the end of the first half or the end of the game, a ref on the side of the field hold a sign telling the players and fans how many minutes they'll play after the regular time ends to cover that "stoppage" time. Sometimes it's one minute, sometimes it can be 4 or 5... At the end this is the main ref that decides when exactly the game is over.

DAMN you Croat bastards!!!

No worries...we'll still come out of this group, and the cup is OURS!!! NO CUP FOR CROATS!!!

Italy better have a strong showing against Romania tomorrow, or Meazza is going to shat himself.

lol, id be surprised with a Croat Cup as well.

im actually pulling for Netherlands. no big reason why. i just like them.

but ill always be happy when my Croats beat the top favored team!

lol, id be surprised with a Croat Cup as well.

im actually pulling for Netherlands. no big reason why. i just like them.

but ill always be happy when my Croats beat the top favored team!

I'm a fan of the Netherlands team too, just cause I think they have a player named "Van der Faart". You can't make that sh-- up!

I hope the US squad is watching this ROM/ITA game...the Romanians are playing aggressive and physical, and their goalie is all over the place. You can tell they came to win.

I hope the US squad is watching this ROM/ITA game...the Romanians are playing aggressive and physical, and their goalie is all over the place. You can tell they came to win.

Italy is coming off a 3-0 loss, why wouldn't Romania be playing to win?

The US was badly outplaying the Italians in WC '06, then got a red card, and even scored the game winner with 10 men- only to be disallowed for a player in an offsides position screening the goalie. Game finished 1-1 but was definitely advantage USA.

And the US certainly played to win against Argentina last week.

Italy is coming off a 3-0 loss, why wouldn't Romania be playing to win?

The US was badly outplaying the Italians in WC '06, then got a red card, and even scored the game winner with 10 men- only to be disallowed for a player in an offsides position screening the goalie. Game finished 1-1 but was definitely advantage USA.

And the US certainly played to win against Argentina last week.

The US National team is lousy. They play with a lack of fire and exhibit an overall lack of skill much more often than not. Regardless of the draw against Italy, the 2006 WC was a huge disappointment and let down. We were exposed for being completely overrated.

The US National team is lousy. They play with a lack of fire and exhibit an overall lack of skill much more often than not. Regardless of the draw against Italy, the 2006 WC was a huge disappointment and let down. We were exposed for being completely overrated.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have been disappointed by their performance. But they were overrated by whom? The United States media? A bunch of fans who get excited when they beat Costa Rica and Guatamala in qualifying?

I don't think that roster of players had any other nation too worried. I know I wasn't expecting them to advance out of their group. Their failure to advance was expected by many.

It was simply American arrogance to think that ANY game against a World Cup-caliber team should be an automatic win. Just because we throw more money at our national program than Ghana doesn't mean that we should beat them.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have been disappointed by their performance. But they were overrated by whom? The United States media? A bunch of fans who get excited when they beat Costa Rica and Guatamala in qualifying?

I don't think that roster of players had any other nation too worried. I know I wasn't expecting them to advance out of their group. Their failure to advance was expected by many.

It was simply American arrogance to think that ANY game against a World Cup-caliber team should be an automatic win. Just because we throw more money at our national program than Ghana doesn't mean that we should beat them.

There were rankings that had us as high as #4 in the world, and a lot of people, including myself, bought into the hype. I was busy getting married during the 2002 WC, so I didn't get to see much of it. I expected to see a strong showing in '06, but it never materialized. If you never expected them to advance anyway, then it wasn't a let down for you...I expected them to come out of it with Italy, however. Hell, i still remember that big bald bastard from the Czech Republic pretty much doing whatever the fug he wanted inside the box...it was damn embarrassing.

dang it!!

last day of the week and im out onsite all day...

Was wondering where the fug ya were!