Lynch's Silence

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time with the Lynch hit and run aftermath? According to Channel 2 four witnesses say that Marshawn was at the wheel and that other Bills were in the car with him.

If true, what does that say about the moral fiber of this team? The old Polian/Levy "draft only character guys" philosophy is dead. I can't imagine Jim Kelly being in a similar scenario back in the glory days and hiding behind attorneys for days on end.

What kind of a team do we really have if players (plural) would hit a citizen of the community and leave her laying in the road. For all they knew they may have killed her.

I'm starting to think that Beast Mode may have a double meaning.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time with the Lynch hit and run aftermath? According to Channel 2 four witnesses say that Marshawn was at the wheel and that other Bills were in the car with him.

If true, what does that say about the moral fiber of this team? The old Polian/Levy "draft only character guys" philosophy is dead. I can't imagine Jim Kelly being in a similar scenario back in the glory days and hiding behind attorneys for days on end.

What kind of a team do we really have if players (plural) would hit a citizen of the community and leave her laying in the road. For all they knew they may have killed her.

Kelly and company were notorious in engaging in bad behavior when they were here. That doesn't mean you got to hear about it on the news though. You have to understand that they're not just going to hold a presser about it in the middle of an investigation - it's a legal process, not a PR game.

How, when the car apparently sped off, did anyone have 'eye witness' accounts that could identify the people in the car, let alone know they were teammates?

Unless they physically saw them go in to the car, I don't see that as possible...

Well, looks like a Freddy Jackson/Xavier Omon backfield this year...

I learned a long time ago, these guys are not choir boys. Most of them have probably done far worse than we even know about. They're humans, and humans make mistakes. As long as nobody winds up dead or permanently impaired because of their actions, and they exhibit some sense of remorse (or at least apologize), then I'm willing to forgive and forget.

So no, this doesn't impact my Buffalo Bills "fandom."

The Polian/Levy theory is a myth. Living in Buffalo at the time, there were stories on the street that were just as bad about Bruce, Jim and Andre specifically, but that was before the instant information age.

Marshawn is a 22 yr old kid that had made a mistake, that he will pay evenutally pay for. Fortunately, nobody was seriously hurt, and hopefully he learns a lesson from it. He is human like every other player on this time. That is why you should ever put any player on a pedestal because you will only end up dissapointed.

Marshawn is a 22 yr old kid that had made a mistake, that he will pay evenutally pay for. Fortunately, nobody was seriously hurt, and hopefully he learns a lesson from it. He is human like every other player on this time. That is why you should ever put any player on a pedestal because you will only end up dissapointed.

You talk about this like it's some kid's hijinks. He's a 22-year-old man, with a (supposed) college education.

He didn't make a mistake - he willfully committed a criminal act.

I don't believe anybody thinks these guys are angels but I think I know where you are saying. This team was really building some positive mojo and to have this happen just slaps you right back into reality. REALLY REALLY STUPID move by Lynch. He will still get all the standing Os in the stadium but I don't think I'll ever think of him the same way again....too bad.

Okay so let's say Lynch's car has 4 Bills players in it. Hell, let's even assume Lynch is the driver.

They plunk the pedestrian, and the DRIVER decides to speed off. What are the 3 passengers supposed to do? Grab the wheel? Turn the car off? Jump out while it's moving? You can say all the words you want but the driver is in control and the driver makes the decisions. And since the driver, at this point, has been pegged as Lynch, it is HIS problem to deal with, not anyone else in the car.

You're right, what if they had killed her? That would have been terrible. But she didn't die, and she's not even seriously hurt. Someone needs to go and hold a gun to their head on the 190 again so that they can just let this story GO. It's overplayed already. That's what our local news does. They find a story and they latch onto it and fill some of their 30 minutes with it every. single. day. until the issue is so played out, so tired, that no one cares anymore.

They drafted this guy last year and up until this point, everyone has raved over "Lynch's Character". From him talking so well about the city of Buffalo, to the color of the tips of his dreads, to how much of a momma's boy he is. Everyone makes mistakes in life, especially when you're young and rich. I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of this situation at all, but it was a mistake. They were probably drunk and seeing all of their lives coming to an end right before their eyes. Thank God that the woman was not seriously hurt. But we shouldn't write this guy off yet. Look at Ray Lewis. He supposedly only "witnessed" a murder and he's still a "poster-child" of the NFL. If Jesus loves Marshawn still, so can we :thumbsup:

Give me a break pal. The things that Kelly & the boys did back in the glory days would make this team look like choir boys. Alot of the stuff did not get reported in the paper at the time, but I have reliable sources that have told me some doozies.

You talk about this like it's some kid's hijinks. He's a 22-year-old man, with a (supposed) college education.

He didn't make a mistake - he willfully committed a criminal act.

I truly hope you get caught for every illegal act you commit as well Sir HighandMighty: speeding, changing lanes with no turn signal, jaywalking. Give it a rest, you bore me.

Okay so let's say Lynch's car has 4 Bills players in it. Hell, let's even assume Lynch is the driver.

They plunk the pedestrian, and the DRIVER decides to speed off. What are the 3 passengers supposed to do? Grab the wheel? Turn the car off? Jump out while it's moving? You can say all the words you want but the driver is in control and the driver makes the decisions. And since the driver, at this point, has been pegged as Lynch, it is HIS problem to deal with, not anyone else in the car.

You're right, what if they had killed her? That would have been terrible. But she didn't die, and she's not even seriously hurt. Someone needs to go and hold a gun to their head on the 190 again so that they can just let this story GO. It's overplayed already. That's what our local news does. They find a story and they latch onto it and fill some of their 30 minutes with it every. single. day. until the issue is so played out, so tired, that no one cares anymore.

I wonder if it was your daughter that got hit, would you think the story was overplayed?

I tell you what I would have done. I would have called 911 and had an ambulance sent immediately. That was someone's daughter, girlfriend and sister that was left in the road. not some traffic cone.

The three passengers should cooperate and come forward, if for any reason at all it will speed up this whole process.

I guarantee you that if Lynch admits being the driver he will be in big trouble with the league (the vehicle and traffic charge is minor) and the passengers who did not cooperate will also be in trouble.

I truly hope you get caught for every illegal act you commit as well Sir HighandMighty: speeding, changing lanes with no turn signal, jaywalking. Give it a rest, you bore me.

There is a huge difference between the violations you mention and leaving the scene of a person injury accident bud.

Leaving the side of a person who has been injured due to your mistakes is on scum level IMO. I will have zero respect for Marshawn Lynch if it is proven that he was the driver.

Why is there the assumption that Lynch even drove the car? Just because a witness said something?

'“I think it’s fair to say that, if Mr. Lynch was not driving the vehicle, he probably has a pretty good idea who was,” Buffalo police spokesman Michael J. DeGeorge said Tuesday, following a news conference at Police Headquarters.'

I realize we dont really know who drove the car but if the cops say that he didnt drive the car, and they did have cameras working that night, its kind of a different situation.

Why hasn't he been arrested yet? The physical evidence is present (damaged vehicle, damaged human being). There are eyewitnesses. What's the hang up here? I don't care who he is -- he needs to be brought into custody and questioned -- no more of this BS of waiting for him to step forward.

Excellent post...comparing speeding, changing lanes without turn signals and jaywalking with a hit and run. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup: