Broncos just cut Henry

Peter

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry was great in Buffalo. Tough and a hard runner with a ton of heart. Made a pro bowl. One of my fondest Bills memories was when we were playing the Bungals a few years ago, OT, and Henry ran for the winning score with a broken rib and he just kept running after he got in the endzone straight off the field to get looked at by a doctor. The Bills shafted him taking McGahee then giving his job to McGahee.

But the seven kids from seven moms is pretty hilarious. To me at least.

I think McGahee won the job over Henry, they didn't just give it to him. And the plan was to go with what most teams are going with today and having a RB tandem, except Henry didn't want it that way, and he wanted out cause he would have to fight for his job. A Tandem of McGahee and Henry could have been one of the best tandems in the league

I guess that Lynch should feel shafted too because they brought in Jackson, and drafted Omen this year

Henry was great in Buffalo. Tough and a hard runner with a ton of heart. Made a pro bowl. One of my fondest Bills memories was when we were playing the Bungals a few years ago, OT, and Henry ran for the winning score with a broken rib and he just kept running after he got in the endzone straight off the field to get looked at by a doctor. The Bills shafted him taking McGahee then giving his job to McGahee.

But the seven kids from seven moms is pretty hilarious. To me at least.

I agree 100%

Purely from a football standpoint, he was ruined when we drafted McGahee. There was nothing he could possibly do on the field to warrant us keeping him over McGahee.

But they never planned on going with one or the other, they wanted to use both, Henry was the one that wanted out cause he wanted to be the #1 back, and not a 1a or 1b back.

The rumor out here in Colorado is that he got caught smoking pot yet again. He appealed a 1 year suspension last year and won the case, but he may be facing a suspension this year for the same thing (again, just a rumor).

Also, from a local Denver news article: "Court documents uncovered by FOX 31 show Travis Henry has fathered nine illegitimate children with nine women in four southern states and has been ordered to pay back child support for seven of those children."

I guess you could say Travis works hard on and off the field. :thumbsup:

One of the first major June 1 cuts

Henry signed a five-year, $22.5 million deal in 2007 and was considered to be the running back who would be the perfect fit for Shanahan's running offense. Included in the deal was a $6 million signing bonus. Henry restructured his contract after the season and took more than $11 million in pay reductions. The move put his contract in very simple terms: He was making $1 million a year in base and $100,000 annually in workout bonuses. Financially, the Broncos had him as a starting running back at backup money. But apparently, Henry's off-the-field issues outweighed the finances and he was released.

ESPN link for those who have bs filter and do not read PFT

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3422418

But they never planned on going with one or the other, they wanted to use both, Henry was the one that wanted out cause he wanted to be the #1 back, and not a 1a or 1b back.

During the first several weeks of the season, Meathead gave almost all the carries to Henry. Once McGahee became the starter, he was given almost all the carries. If the plan was to use both, the plan went awry from the very first game.

Say what you will about Henry, but the dude has heart and is a team player.

For Shanahan to cut him because he's not a team player is totally uncalled for and a poor excuse for the real reason--his off-field trouble.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said in a statement. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

He was a team player for the Bills a number of years ago. Things can change, especially after a half dozen more kids, drug suspensions, and blowing through millions. He may not be a team player now for all we know. Mike Shanahan is a helluva coach, so I wouldn't rule out what he says, which was pretty forceful.

I think McGahee won the job over Henry, they didn't just give it to him. And the plan was to go with what most teams are going with today and having a RB tandem, except Henry didn't want it that way, and he wanted out cause he would have to fight for his job. A Tandem of McGahee and Henry could have been one of the best tandems in the league

I guess that Lynch should feel shafted too because they brought in Jackson, and drafted Omen this year

I'm no fan of Willis, but if you watched the Ravens this year, I don't know how anyone can conclude that he's not a better player than Henry. He was the only really good player on that offense.

A few of us were saying for a very long time that Travis didn't have what it takes to be a player that a team can count on. Talent was never an issue, because he ran hard and was as strong as an ox.

The thing is, there was always an issue. Drugs, fumbles, teen sex, a missed flight to the Miami game, mised blocks.....it was always something.

Just further proof that talent isn't everything. If it was, an ex-baseball player named Dick Allen might be known as the best hitter of all time. Instead, I am guessing that most of you never heard of him. :rolleyes:

44 Ounce Bat

A few of us were saying for a very long time that Travis didn't have what it takes to be a player that a team can count on. Talent was never an issue, because he ran hard and was as strong as an ox.

The thing is, there was always an issue. Drugs, fumbles, teen sex, a missed flight to the Miami game, mised blocks.....it was always something.

Just further proof that talent isn't everything. If it was, an ex-baseball player named Dick Allen might be known as the best hitter of all time. Instead, I am guessing that most of you never heard of him. :rolleyes:

44 Ounce Bat

You had Henry pegged for a long time, Bill.

I remember Allen.

You had Henry pegged for a long time, Bill.

I remember Allen.

I saw Richie Allen hit the center field batting eye at Shea Stadium with a line drive.

To put a 44 ounce bat in perspective, Yaztremski swung a 35 inch/36 ounce bat and it was considered heavy. I played a lot of baseball, and have never even seen a 44 oucne bat.