Broncos just cut Henry

Peter

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PFT is reporting a rumor that there was an altercation "not physical" between Henry and Shanahan over the last couple of weeks.

He already embarrassed the team by failing his drug test and then not getting suspended because of a technicality. Fighting with your coach after making them all look bad for having you as a teammate is not a good idea.

I think the NFL should take all of these boneheads and make them a traveling NFL-Circus team. They could play against local colleges and they could do a pay per view special against the NCAA National Champions. Think about it.

Just off the top of my head this who I've got:

RB - Travis Henry

WR - Adarius Bowman

WR - Chris Henry

LB - Odell Thurman

CB - Pacman Jones

I'm no fan of Willis, but if you watched the Ravens this year, I don't know how anyone can conclude that he's not a better player than Henry. He was the only really good player on that offense.

I'm not one saying that McGahee is a bad player, he can be great when he wants to, but I think his conditioning and desire to play is lacking sometimes. He gets winded late in games, and seems like the kind of guy that only plays when he feels like it. I also don't think that drafting McGahee was a bad move by TD at the time. Sure the Bills did need help in other areas, but they had a chance to take a guy that if it wasn't for an injury that their team doctors said he would recover from, would have been the #1 overall pick, so they took a chance. Henry was a good back, but he had some faults too (fumbles, playing hurt alot). The problem was, McGahee was not a character guy (and by that I am refering to giving it his all on the football field every game and making football his #1 concern. McGahee wanted the spotlight first and it didn't work out. Just like I don't fault TD at the time for taking Mike Williams, he was one of the top rated linemen out of college, but Williams just didn't work out and didn't have the desire to work hard.

I'm not one saying that McGahee is a bad player, he can be great when he wants to, but I think his conditioning and desire to play is lacking sometimes. He gets winded late in games, and seems like the kind of guy that only plays when he feels like it. I also don't think that drafting McGahee was a bad move by TD at the time. Sure the Bills did need help in other areas, but they had a chance to take a guy that if it wasn't for an injury that their team doctors said he would recover from, would have been the #1 overall pick, so they took a chance. Henry was a good back, but he had some faults too (fumbles, playing hurt alot). The problem was, McGahee was not a character guy (and by that I am refering to giving it his all on the football field every game and making football his #1 concern. McGahee wanted the spotlight first and it didn't work out. Just like I don't fault TD at the time for taking Mike Williams, he was one of the top rated linemen out of college, but Williams just didn't work out and didn't have the desire to work hard.

I can fault TD. You don't expend a very high #1 on a 300 lb.+ player sporting lower calves and ankles slightly larger than a toothpick.

I can fault TD. You don't expend a very high #1 on a 300 lb.+ player sporting lower calves and ankles slightly larger than a toothpick.

But he was projected to be one of the top linemen that year and expected to be a 1st round pick

At the time of the pick, he was doing what everone keeps begging the Bills to do, pick the best rated linemen, the problem wasn't that Willams was a huge reach and wasn't expected to go until the later rounds and TD just loved him and took him really early, MW is the only one to blame for MW being a bust. He has the ability to be a pretty good linemen, but he doesn't have the drive/heart to do it

But he was projected to be one of the top linemen that year and expected to be a 1st round pick

At the time of the pick, he was doing what everone keeps begging the Bills to do, pick the best rated linemen, the problem wasn't that Willams was a huge reach and wasn't expected to go until the later rounds and TD just loved him and took him really early, MW is the only one to blame for MW being a bust. He has the ability to be a pretty good linemen, but he doesn't have the drive/heart to do it

I recall at the first OTA's after Big Mike got drafted, they were interviewing him and he described how he would pancake the opposition. He said, "I get a hold of him and he's like 'NO BIG MIKE... NO... DON'T DO IT!' but then I just gotta be like 'Sorry, but Big Mike's gotta do what he's gotta do' then I just drive him into the dirt..."

I thought it was one of the more bizarre interviews that I've heard. Especially given his play over the ensuing seasons following said interview.