Broncos just cut Henry

Peter

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like it when Donahoe drafted McGahee. I didn't like it when McGahee was given the starting RB slot over Henry. But McGahee turned out to be a bust, and we got Lynch who ran through everything last year (including girls on the street at 3:30am). When Henry is healthy, he's an awesome RB, but his off-field issues are killing his career.

Say what you will about Henry, but the dude has heart and is a team player.

For Shanahan to cut him because he's not a team player is totally uncalled for and a poor excuse for the real reason--his off-field trouble.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said in a statement. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

For Shanahan to cut him because he's not a team player is totally uncalled for and a poor excuse for the real reason--his off-field trouble.

"Although Travis has the ability to be one of the top running backs in the NFL, we have to make decisions that are in the best interests of our organization and its goal of winning a Super Bowl," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said in a statement. "We did not feel his commitment to the Broncos was enough to warrant a spot on this football team."

Well said. I loved the way Henry played when he was here. Unfortunately, he couldn't keep his head (or condom) on straight. It's a shame.

I am not sold on that phrasing meaning he didn't give his all on the field or in practice, but more along the lines of he could still be doing some fishy things off the field that could put him in jeopardy of being suspended at a moments notice. And, that by his actions he is not comiited to the Broncos

IMO, part of being a team player is having the ability to maintain some kind of order over your own life.

A team player does not get suspended by the league, have his focus distracted by endless legal issues and bring negative scrutiny to the team.

I don't think that is what he was implying. I will not be suprised if it is leaked that he failed another drug test.

Henry was great in Buffalo. Tough and a hard runner with a ton of heart. Made a pro bowl. One of my fondest Bills memories was when we were playing the Bungals a few years ago, OT, and Henry ran for the winning score with a broken rib and he just kept running after he got in the endzone straight off the field to get looked at by a doctor. The Bills shafted him taking McGahee then giving his job to McGahee.

But the seven kids from seven moms is pretty hilarious. To me at least.