The Beast is better!

Forget about consistent, he is not durable. There were questions going into the 07 draft ab out his durability issues. I really believe had he been relatively injury free in college, he would have been a top three pick.

He did go at the 7th pick - Not a big drop from #3.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about consistent, he is not durable. There were questions going into the 07 draft ab out his durability issues. I really believe had he been relatively injury free in college, he would have been a top three pick.

He was injured the final three games as was pointed out above. I think his career will be short and often interrupted.

Its similar to Hester vs. Parrish...do you want the guy who will lead the league in yards per return (Parrish) or do you want the flashy touchdown machine (Hester)?

Uhh, I'll take the guy who scores TDs on special teams. Is this really a question?

Its similar to Hester vs. Parrish...do you want the guy who will lead the league in yards per return (Parrish) or do you want the flashy touchdown machine (Hester)?

Do you want the running back who will give you HUGE games and HUGE plays and is one of the most dangerous players in the league on any given touch (AP), or do you want the guy who will consistently keep his legs churning full blast, muscle his way to short yardage 1st downs, wear opponents down, and grind out his yards all season long (Lynch)?

In both cases, you can't go wrong either way.

I think Roscoe is pretty awesome. But I would take Hester.

Both AP and Marshawn had amazing rookie seasons. Probably the most impressive thing that stands out in my mind about marshawn is that he was able to put up the numbers he did when everyone in the league knew that we were gonna rush.

They are different styles of backs though, AP is more explosive, speed, finese. Marshawn is a run your ass over type of back with good speed, great hands, and bulldozer like drive in the legs. It is just amazing watching him keep those legs churning grinding out those extra yards.

I would be happy with either of them on my team. Marshawn wins though because #1 he is a bill, and #2 he just seems like an all around great guy. His interviews are awesome and fun.

As for Parrish or Hester, both from the U, both offer something special in the return game. Hopefully we can utilize Roscoe in the offense a bit more. Both are super dangerous and can provide that spark on special teams that can change game momentum.

Beastmode may run as hard as anyone in the league but Peterson is filthy. Peterson is more dynamic and faster. He's a threat to go the distance everytime he touches the ball. Can you say that about Lynch? I love having the grinder we have but I respect ability and APete is a playmaker.

Three Cincy defenders had Lynch in the backfield because of out standout offensive line I keep hearing about- Lynch got away from all of them and scored on a long run. Tell me he isn't a playmaker. If we ever get receiving threats and a line that can block, he will be a weapon.

Against common opponents Marshawn out rushed Adrian 261/ 169 last year. Only AD's weird 300 yd game againt SD set him up for the Rookie award.

Lets hear it . Marshawn is #1.

Also Marshawn had 240 runs and only 1 lost fumble all year!

Somebody's got their BillsGoggles on.

the real question with hester vs parrish is whether its worth it to gain 3-4 TDs per year in exchange for the half dozen times hester is gonna put the ball on the turf, potetially giving up 7 points the other way.

the real question with hester vs parrish is whether its worth it to gain 3-4 TDs per year in exchange for the half dozen times hester is gonna put the ball on the turf, potetially giving up 7 points the other way.

Until you mentioned it, I didn't realize that Hester has fumbled 15 times the past 2 years. :ph34r:

Marshawn is EXCITEMENT, he is so refreshing on the Bills. AP had some awesome games, but if #23 didnt miss those 3 games, we might have had some excitment for those RB? Hell who runs the ball anymore!!!

B.

This is starting to remind me of the old Barry/Emmit/Thurman RB discussions. Hopefully after 2008/9 there will be legitimate argument to be made for both AP & ML on which is the better superstar RB. :ph34r:

fair point right there imo.

if we have a decent D and O, then you go for roscoe who is more consistent with some but not as much big play %.

those extra yards and 40 and 50 yardline starts can add up if we can convert some red zone tries. if our o is worthless again then you want the scores.

as far as AP and lynch go, i think ap is better. i thought he was a ton better, but this thread did point out some very interesting things to me.

for a rookie on the second worst O in the nfl with qb problems (and a rook much of the season) and a bad D that doesn't force punts for more chances to never have a game under 50 yards is impressive.

with our oline togther for another season and some passing threats in the end zone i could see marshawn just bulling his way to some big touchdown numbers. if we only face 7 in the box i think he could absolutely gash some teams for big fat runs.

marshawn might break some bills rushing records in his career (talk about a serious standard!). not for sure, but he really does have a shot.

fair point right there imo.

if we have a decent D and O, then you go for roscoe who is more consistent with some but not as much big play %.

those extra yards and 40 and 50 yardline starts can add up if we can convert some red zone tries. if our o is worthless again then you want the scores.

as far as AP and lynch go, i think ap is better. i thought he was a ton better, but this thread did point out some very interesting things to me.

for a rookie on the second worst O in the nfl with qb problems (and a rook much of the season) and a bad D that doesn't force punts for more chances to never have a game under 50 yards is impressive.

with our oline togther for another season and some passing threats in the end zone i could see marshawn just bulling his way to some big touchdown numbers. if we only face 7 in the box i think he could absolutely gash some teams for big fat runs.

marshawn might break some bills rushing records in his career (talk about a serious standard!). not for sure, but he really does have a shot.

TH Peterson/Lynch debate is much like the Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith (although both have a long way to go to reach that status) debate. Bottom line, both are good backs, but neither has done much yet

• 3 weeks later...