$2.99 gas for 3 years

cheaper gas

I was going to title that link as cheap gas, but even $3 isn't cheap.

Of course that Chrysler will eat your wallet in repair bills so I'm not sure you are ahead. My 02 Town & Country has been in 4 times for transmission repair, all covered under 7/70, but they still gouge you $100 each time for "diagnostics", but repair for free. And even that repair, either they are unwilling or unable to fix it, simply band aid it and send me on my way. My 7/70 expires in 18 months, got to dump the T&C at that point

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM sucks right along with them .

And Ford is even worse. Ford is now claiming "to be equal in quality with Toyota" in their commercials. Initial quality. What really matters to most folks (given lemon laws) is long term quality and maintanence costs.

I just bought a Honda Fit (waiting on it), my '06 Civic with 50K has cost almost nothing to run.

That plain sucks. I'd like to be able to buy American, but I just can't justify it. My Honda Civic is 10 years old and runs like a champ!

I bought a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (right before the gas prices surged around the time of Hurricane Katrina) and so far I haven't had any major problems, but I have only put about 10,000 miles on it over the last 2 1/2 years. The lack of problems thus far is a huge departure from my previous Dodge vehicles - those vehicles spent so much time in the shop I considered using the dealership's address on the vehicle registration.

My wife's Honda CRV is approaching 90,000 miles and *knocking on wood* hasn't had any major problems outside of a couple blown sensors (one which completely paid for the Honda Care warranty.) With the gas prices and the Dodge's thirsty engine I will likely be trading that in soon, and will likely be going with either another Honda or a Toyota/Hyundai.

I have previously owned a Toyota, and my wife has a Honda. They are both bulletproof in my opinion. I chose to go with another Honda mostly because the local dealer is less than a mile from my house, and they are fantastic.

Bingo, great vehicles, IMO. Have people been noticing the number of gas guzzlers for sale on the side of roads lately? And it also seems like more people are walking.

Bingo, great vehicles, IMO. Have people been noticing the number of gas guzzlers for sale on the side of roads lately? And it also seems like more people are walking.

That kind of killed me, trading in my 2000 Xterra. I still got about 1,500 more than I owe...so I don't really care. The gas savings alone (going from 17 highway to 34) will more than make my payment.

I read that locally that public transit ridership has gone through the roof. If that were at all an option for me I would do it.

My wife has been driving a Chrysler Pacifica for the past two years, and quite honestly, it kicks ass.

My wife drives one of those too, it's been a wonderful vehicle. Fewer problems than my Altima, honestly.

I am in the market for a new vehicle. This is actually making me consider a Chrysler vehicle. In a year gas will be $5 a gallon. In 3 years? Christ.

sucker!!!

you need the gas credit to fill the tank at 10 miles per gallon.

We have had no issues with our 1997 Ford Aerostar and 1999 Chevy Cavalier which had no issues with other than two recalled items with cost nothing for us.

My Cavalier still gets 24 miles per gallon with regular gas.

Those who complain about domestic cars probably have issues driving the cars correctly. A coworker used to drive his sedan like a race car and complained about gas mileage, wear on engine, etc.

Those who complain about domestic cars probably have issues driving the cars correctly.

Yeah, you're right. Had to be the way I moved the shifter from "P" to "D", and the F#$%@%& van doesn't move :blink:

That plain sucks. I'd like to be able to buy American, but I just can't justify it. My Honda Civic is 10 years old and runs like a champ!

Aren't most Hondas made in Ohio? How's that not buying American?

It's' like rednecks down south not wanting to buy a Jap Nissan Truck. Nissan trucks are made outside of Jackson, MS. Look past the name and see who's acutally building your car/truck.

Aren't most Hondas made in Ohio? How's that not buying American?

It's' like rednecks down south not wanting to buy a Jap Nissan Truck. Nissan trucks are made outside of Jackson, MS. Look past the name and see who's acutally building your car/truck.

IIRC from my brief time working at a Toyota dealership, Toyota has something like four or five assembly plants in the US and a major one in Huntsville, Ala.

my wife was thinking SUV for quite a while...I had to ask her if she was insane with the rising gas prices

she settled on a Subaru Outback...built in Indiana

meanwhile, I've been carpooling with a guy from work. We figured it costs us 8 bucks a day to get to work, so if we split it 50-50, we're saving nearly 1,000 a year