annoying clothing trend

Pete

There is a style of clogs I see everywhere- on males and females. If shoes or clothes are unisex- I think I will pass. I think 10 years from now when people see a picture of themselves wearing these ugly things they are gonna say "I can't believe I used to wear those". At least in the 70's people were on drugs, what is this excuse?

ridiculous

and I know some of you are probably wearing a pair right now!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a style of clogs I see everywhere- on males and females. If shoes or clothes are unisex- I think I will pass. I think 10 years from now when people see a picture of themselves wearing these ugly things they are gonna say "I can't believe I used to wear those". At least in the 70's people were on drugs, what is this excuse?

ridiculous

My wife wears them & swears by their comfort.

She has been unable to convince me to get a pair.

Blame Crocs. I don't get this either. The real perplexing deal is that they are made of plastic. :)

Injection-molded plastic from recycled soda/pop bottles. These are one of the few things where recycling is pretty efficient and cost-effective.

I wear them a lot, for sheer comfort. When my feet hurt from wearing boots or sneakers, I put a pair of knockoff Crocs (~$4) on and the pain is gone. They're great around the house instead of conventional slippers that get dirty fast. I'm just happy that they've branched out to non-fruity colors. Otherwise, I dress very normally. Some people hate on my choice of footwear --- if so, screw you b/c I don't really give a rat's ass what you think. Should I rag on your $120 sweatshop Nikes? Your XXXXL Fubu sweatshirt that looks like you're wearing a tent? I'm not going to change to please somebody else.

Injection-molded plastic from recycled soda/pop bottles. These are one of the few things where recycling is pretty efficient and cost-effective.

I wear them a lot, for sheer comfort. When my feet hurt from wearing boots or sneakers, I put a pair of knockoff Crocs (~$4) on and the pain is gone. They're great around the house instead of conventional slippers that get dirty fast. I'm just happy that they've branched out to non-fruity colors. Otherwise, I dress very normally. Some people hate on my choice of footwear --- if so, screw you b/c I don't really give a rat's ass what you think. Should I rag on your $120 sweatshop Nikes? Your XXXXL Fubu sweatshirt that looks like you're wearing a tent? I'm not going to change to please somebody else.

Well it's a good thing you don't care what anyone thinks.

My little neices and nefews have those; they sell little charms to put in the holes. I figured they were just for little kids.

no, grown men wear them. I see them everywhere. I almost want to snap a picture on my Iphone, show them how ridiculous they look, and try and convince them to get a pair of man shoes. I am embarrassed for them- but to each their own. And no I am not homophobic- but I bet Queer Guy would disapprove, as would What Not To Wear

BTW I rag on any white dude who wears FUBU and anyone that spends $120 on sneakers, I abhor Nike- so please go ahead and rag on the aforementioned

Sorry, wear them and love em. Can muck them up and hose them down. Wear them like sandals - no big deal.

With white socks and bermuda shorts?

ridiculous

I swore I would never buy them for my wife... You are talking about Crocs right? They looked like plastic but are really a soft rubber material...

That said, my wife needed new slippers and it was hard finding the style of boiled wool slippers she had... So I bought her pair of the Crocs to use as slippers... She got the one's with the linner that can be removed...

They are practical, she can wear them around the house and even step outside if needed with them.

I don't think she would ever wear them out on the town though...??

My brother has a Sabres pair that he wears to work since he can't just wear flops...

But if this is the worst fashion trend (and it is a bad one) that you can find you're crazy, I can't go anywhere without asking myself what the :) are these people thinking when they get dressed

BINGO!

I would never wear them though... Just my wife and daughter use them as slippers (see above)...

Almost all the time I am at home... I just go barefoot... Heck, I even was sweating those pipes barefoot! :):blink: Man you gotta be quick on your feet when the hot solder drops! At work I have to wear steel toed saftey shoes, so anytime I get the chance to not have to deal with shoes/sneakers... I do!

Everybody has free will I just can't believe plastic shoes could be that comfortable. Also having my foot without back support would drive me loco.

They are soft and pliable... At first I thought they were hard plastic, I was surprised to actually when I handled a pair.