annoying clothing trend

Pete

The only time I put on shoes is if I go to a Music Venue/concert, work, or something that requires them. Out side of that I wear my rainbows or beer flops year round. Year rainbows cost close to 50 bucks, but they also come with a lifetime warranty. They break, you mail them to the company, they send you a new pair. I've had the same pair for the last 2 years and from wearing them every day they are just now getting busted. They dont smell bad or anything, and thats after the beach, pool, and yard work. Now the hemp version of rainbows, start to smell horrible if you don't throw them in the washing machine.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should say that because I wore the flops for the first time over the weekend and my heels are killing me today. Having said that it wouldn't hurt for me to wear some sun screen either because my shoulders are fried and I can hardly lift my arms. However I'll worry about chronic back aches and skin cancer when I get older.

As someone that had a 5in length of skin removed from my leg last week due to melanoma, I wouldn't be taking skin cancer lightly.

Right now it is 69 & sunny in buffalo. According to the weather channel it is 34 degrees & cloudy in Nelson, NZ, so FU buddy. Although, I suppose this time of year is your start to winter right.

Yeah... our seasons down in the Southern Hemisphere are flip-flopped with yours up there, so May is like your November down here.

Where the heck did you see that it was 34d down here??? No way. It's still in the high 50's low 60's here.

Nelson Weather

says the guy living on the Great Lakes.

come down south. when its still 90 out at midnight and youre on a patio having drinks, who wants their feet sweating in socks and shoes?

I said I don't wear socks and shoes most of the time (even in winter... I have been known to go out briefly with nothing on the feet! :P:) )... Most of the time at home, I am barefoot (hence my comment about sweating/soldering pipes in barefeet! :devil::blink: )...

I have to wear safety shoes at work... Probably why I rebel against shoes at home totally... I even mow the lawn with barefeet at times.

If I am gonna look like a tool... I am gonna go all out sans the flip-flops and won't give anyone an excuse!

:nana::nana:

What do you wear when you go out?

For causual... I wear a pair of Merrill (other other similar type) oxford type slip on light weight hiker etc... Or a pair of sneakers, New Balance (I have a wide foot).

Going out, semi nice... Any type of leather casual shoe.

Work... Usually a pair of 6" Hy Test safety shoes with heel.

Dress... Leather oxford or slip on kiltie...

Right now it is 69 & sunny in buffalo. According to the weather channel it is 34 degrees & cloudy in Nelson, NZ, so FU buddy. Although, I suppose this time of year is your start to winter right.

Auckland is the about the same latitude south as Chicago is North... Try telling that to some people! Anyway, they can only cling to their marine climate. I would take the bigger swings of a mid continent climate over the damp steadier temps... IMO, more aches and pains in the winter!

Thank you...spelling corrections are always welcome! :P

Same here! One thing that is great about you Cincy is your choice of words, you always send me scrambling to the online dictionary! :):devil:

My 11th grade English teacher would have been proud of your effort!

Even better knowing that it (the words) came off the top of your head!

:blink:

Funny you should say that because I wore the flops for the first time over the weekend and my heels are killing me today. Having said that it wouldn't hurt for me to wear some sun screen either because my shoulders are fried and I can hardly lift my arms. However I'll worry about chronic back aches and skin cancer when I get older.

i learned this lesson when i moved south and started wearing flip-flops all the time. Theres a big difference between the $10 target flip-flops and the real good $40-50 pair flip-flops. There's a reason they're expensive; they're worth it. A cheap pair will kill you in the long run.

I nominate this thread as being the lamest thread in TBD history.

Yeah... even more than the "Daily avacado intake" thread.

:thumbsup:

yum- avocados! I just ate a whole bowl of guacamole!

When you live by the beach and enjoy watersports like sea kayaking... these things are the way to go.

Water, sand and pebbles just wash right through.

In fact... the New Zealand Olympic team will be wearing them.

NZ Olympic Team crocs

And yes... I'm wearing a pair right now.

However, in a crappy climate like WNY these may not be too good.

Wow, half way around the world and that article is in total agreement with my post-

Shoes from Crocs, the much-maligned plastic clog manufacturer, will be worn by New Zealand Olympians as part of their official uniform - a decision that has appalled prominent fashionistas.

Female athletes will wear the "sueded alice" model - a suede-topped, plastic-soled shoe - for the opening ceremony and all athletes will wear the "beach" model - a version of the famous plastic slipper with holes in - around the games village.

Olympic chef de mission Dave Currie confirmed the sueded alice Crocs would form part of the official uniform being unveiled at a function at an Auckland winery on April 30. He said the opening ceremony Crocs would be "very stylish" and "not the ones with the holes in them", and an athlete design panel had collaborated on the uniform choice, which he described as "sensational".

However, fashion designer Denise L'Estrange Corbet says she is horrified the Olympic athletes will wear Crocs.

"They are the ugliest piece of footwear ever invented. I know people who wear them say they are comfortable, but I'm sure there are more comfortable shoes that you can put on your feet to make your feet look attractive, not the ugliest, widest green feet on the planet.

"They are actually one thing I would like to put in a pile and blow up." She says a New Zealand-designed shoe would be more appropriate.

"All the other Olympic teams will look smart and wear trainers, and we'll be plodding along with these big, plastic, ugly, hideous, vile things. They are so ugly they should be banned. You might as well put a couple of bricks on your feet," she said.

Designer Jane Daniels wouldn't comment on the Olympic shoes but thought the original Crocs would join a host of other fashion nightmares from recent years.

"I'm sure people will look back on this era and wonder what we were thinking with long, baggy shorts, heavy footwear and Crocs."

John Robertson, the sales director for New Zealand women's shoe manufacturer Kumfs, says he doesn't have a particular problem with Crocs or the fact they are made overseas, because 98% of the country's shoes are not manufactured in New Zealand.

"But it would have been nice to have a shot at supplying [the female athletes]," he said.

Crocs have been attacked not only as a style disaster, but also for creating static electricity shocks, getting caught in escalators and being too dangerous for hospital staff to wear. :thumbsup:

Originally invented in 2002 by three Americans as a boat shoe, they went worldwide the following year and finally reached New Zealand in 2005.

i learned this lesson when i moved south and started wearing flip-flops all the time. Theres a big difference between the $10 target flip-flops and the real good $40-50 pair flip-flops. There's a reason they're expensive; they're worth it. A cheap pair will kill you in the long run.

Still any flip-flop on a guy looks as stupid as a pair of Crocs on a guy or clogs for that matter! Just grow a set and get a pair of ordinary sandles, or hybrids like Teva's or something...

You know the gladiators wore sandles... NOT FLIP-FLOPS.

To me it is either barefoot or practical... And flip-flops/tongs... scream "shower shoe"...

Pure stupidity!

:thumbsup:

Still any flip-flop on a guy looks as stupid as a pair of Crocs on a guy or clogs for that matter! Just grow a set and get a pair of ordinary sandles, or hybrids like Teva's or something...

You know the gladiators wore sandles... NOT FLIP-FLOPS.

To me it is either barefoot or practical... And flip-flops/tongs... scream "shower shoe"...

Pure stupidity!

:wallbash:

may be pure stupidity up north, but come take a gander down south. if you even attempt to wear sandals with the full heel strap thingy, you'll be laughed all the way back home. Who the hell wears those big clunky ugly as sin sandals? a good pair of flip-fops is comfortable and they look good.

Try these. Notice how they call flip-flops sandals, because no one in their right mind would actually wear sandals. I have a similar reef brand, full with the bottle opener on the bottom.

http://www.reef-sandals-online.com/reef-fanning.htm