Losman on the block

anyone of those guys can back up just as well as jp can. they are all not starters, but neither is jp.

a draft pick and one of them >>>>>>>> JP

his value to us is as a back up, IF trent gets hurt. he's not a starter, he's not a future prospect, he's a benchwarmer.

I will agree to disagree with you. fair ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's your backup?

Do you think so little of Losman's abilities that this isn't a valid question?

Yes, there are some decent journeymen out there and we still have the draft. I'm not saying JP can't be a decent back-up, I'm saying he doesn't want to be one, and he will serve as nothing but a distraction. In terms of value, anybody thinking we can get better than a 4 is on drugs. It doesn't matter if he was drafted in the first round, he is a laughingstock around the league, the same way other team's boards laugh at us thinking we can get a second or a third or both.

Yes, there are some decent journeymen out there and we still have the draft. I'm not saying JP can't be a decent back-up, I'm saying he doesn't want to be one, and he will serve as nothing but a distraction. In terms of value, anybody thinking we can get better than a 4 is on drugs. It doesn't matter if he was drafted in the first round, he is a laughingstock around the league, the same way other team's boards laugh at us thinking we can get a second or a third or both.

And on top of that, he has 1 year left on his contract. He is gone after this year no matter what. Why not get Tim Rattay, and lock him up for 3-4 years?

ProFootballWeekly.com reports contrary to a report out of Buffalo this week that quoted Bills chief operating officer Russ Brandon as saying, “We anticipate (J.P. Losman) being on this team,” we hear that the Bills’ quarterback is very much on the trading block.... Losman asked to be traded after last season following his demotion behind Trent Edwards, but thus far, the Bills haven’t received many inquiries from other teams....

Awesome reporting. So how is this contrary to the report out of Buffalo? Brandon did not say, "We are not trading Losman," he said, "We anticipate him being on this team." Based on the second sentence ("...thus far, the Bills haven't received many inquiries from other teams..."), it is perfectly compatible. Brandon is essentially saying "We expect him to be here, because nobody else seems to want him."

Are you able to have a rational 'discussion'? Cause I don't think C.Bis was out of line.

You want him gone without regard to what pick you receive?

Who is your #2 QB then?

It really comes down to value doesn't it?

How about we sign Rattay and pick up at least a 3rd in 09?

I will personally endores using that pick on a corner. You see? I am open minded. :unsure::D:beer:

How about we sign Rattay and pick up at least a 3rd in 09?

I will personally endores using that pick on a corner. You see? I am open minded. :unsure::D:beer:

Only if Ratay can play DB in a pinch.

GO BILLS!!!

giving away Losman for anything less than a high #2 is just plain stupid and a waste of resources.

they will create anoher huge hole in the roster which they will overspend to try to fill with a rookie QB.

if this deal goes down, you can be sure that someone in the front office is on the treadmill to nowwhere wondering why the scenery does not change.

So we get a pro bowl player in Stroud for a 3rd round pick, but a backup QB who likely will amount to nothing in the NFL is worth a high 2??

Who are you thinking you are trading with? The kid from down the street who you used to rip off when trading baseball cards?

my J.P. situation is that he has one year left and if he is traded we should at least get a 2nd for him. If we dont trade him no big deal he'll go after this year.

Even though we'd never get it, you believe that having a disgruntled backup QB, who may never play a meaningful down next year and then plans on leaving after the season, is better than receiving a 3rd round pick, when there are veteran options no worse than him to replace him?

I'm glad you're not negotiating anything a 1 Bills Drive.

Even though we'd never get it, you believe that having a disgruntled backup QB, who may never play a meaningful down next year and then plans on leaving after the season, is better than receiving a 3rd round pick, when there are veteran options no worse than him to replace him?

I'm glad you're not negotiating anything a 1 Bills Drive.

With Trent's injury history, he could also play every game.