Losman on the block

How are you going to gat a high 2 for a guy who has accomplished basically...nothing. If they offer us a four, run with it. Personally, I don't think he's worth a four.

Who's your backup?

Do you think so little of Losman's abilities that this isn't a valid question?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you able to have a rational 'discussion'? Cause I don't think C.Bis was out of line.

You want him gone without regard to what pick you receive?

Who is your #2 QB then?

It really comes down to value doesn't it?

of course it comes down to value -- i'm fairly certain our FO can sign someone as a back up they like as much as losman.

and i was agreeing with c bisc and then making a joke about the posters here who think jp is somehow a good player and not worth losing for less than a high #2. basically he is worth more than lito sheppard or marcus stroud, which is INSANE, those guys are probowlers, jp has lost his job 3 times.

How are you going to gat a high 2 for a guy who has accomplished basically...nothing. If they offer us a four, run with it. Personally, I don't think he's worth a four.

You need the 2 to get his replacement since there no options left in free agency.

Even using a 2nd rounder is playing QB roulette to rely on a rookie as your primary QB if Edwards gets hurt.

i dunno who (nall?) but i think they are offering jp for a trade which means they aren't affraid of losing him. thus, they have some other guys targetted.

JUST CUZ THEY HAVEN'T TOLD US WHO IT IS DOESN'T MEAN HE DOESN'T EXIST!!

You need the 2 to get his replacement since there no options left in free agency.

Even using a 2nd rounder is playing QB roulette to rely on a rookie as your primary QB if Edwards gets hurt.

Uh, wasn't Edwards himself a 3d rounder?

There are always options at QB in case of emergency.

i dunno who (nall?) but i think they are offering jp for a trade which means they aren't affraid of losing him. thus, they have some other guys targetted.

Is in GB backing up rodgers

Find him for us since you know exactly whats going on. O and using caps just makes you look stupid

Oh ye of little chroise. The QB of the future is already on our roster. One chroisen one is worth 2 mortals any day. QB position is so far away from being a concern that I can't even spell QB let alone worry about it. Shall I remind all that Hamdan does indeed Rock!

Is in GB backing up rodgers

Find him for us since you know exactly whats going on. O and using caps just makes you look stupid

nonsense you silly tit!

if we are willing to trade jp, does that tell you the FO thinks they have a guy who can relace him as a back up or not?

clearly, it does.

Perhaps they are offering him in a trade, that doesn't mean they want to GIVE him away. JP has more VALUE as a 1 year backup than a 4th round pick.

Perhaps they are offering him in a trade, that doesn't mean they want to GIVE him away. JP has more VALUE as a 1 year backup than a 4th round pick.

sure, they need to get value, but i don't think the value is that high.

they might do it for a 4th, fo sho for a 3rd imo

WHO?

http://blog.footballguys.com/2008/02/27/20...w-quarterbacks/

I don't know how updated this list is, but there are still some "Backup Caliber" QB's on that list. The Bills are not going to get a pro Bowl caliber QB to play Backup to a second year player.And its a nice option to have a backup who can be just as good as the starter, but it won't happen.

Off that list, someone like

- Culpepper

- Gray

- Hasselback

- Rattay

- Carr

- Holcomb

- Leftwich

could all be servicable guys, players who chances are won't beat out the starter, but can be servicable if Trent goes down. if you can get something for JP now, do it, before he walks for nothing

TIM RATTAY IS A FREE AGENT. HE WOULD BE A VERY GOOD BACKUP QB FOR US!!!!!

Here are his stats. Pretty good for a guy who will come cheap, has experience, plays the same style as Edwards, and who we COULD LOCK UP FOR A FEW YEARS (instead of losing Losman after this year).

He has more than enough talent to win us a few games if Edwards goes down.

TIM RATTAY IS A FREE AGENT. HE WOULD BE A VERY GOOD BACKUP QB FOR US!!!!!

Here are his stats. Pretty good for a guy who will come cheap, has experience, plays the same style as Edwards, and who we COULD LOCK UP FOR A FEW YEARS (instead of losing Losman after this year).

He has more than enough talent to win us a few games if Edwards goes down.

BUT LOSMAN MIGHT BE THE GREATEST EVER, HE HASN'T HAD A CHANCE YET, WE'LL NEVER KNOW!!!

i think any of the 1st round busts (carr, harrington, leftwich) are interhchagable and better than our first round bust qb. culpepper too, although he isn't really a bust as he had some good seasons.

i think any of the 1st round busts (carr, harrington, leftwich) are interhchagable and better than our first round bust qb. culpepper too, although he isn't really a bust as he had some good seasons.

I will definitely not trust the O in the hands of Harrington, Carr or Culpepper should anything happen to Trent. Leftwich may be a viable backup but that too marginally. Don't you remember how Harrington performed under less than ideal conditions at the Ralph ? Or what our D did to Culpepper when he started for Miami ? Or the numerous times Carr has been benched having been given many more chances than JP ?

This is not a discussion about whether JP should be starting for us or just how great/sucky he his. It is a discussion about his value to us. And that to me is more than a 3rd rounder. perhaps more than a 2nd rounder. And I am not saying I am expecting anyone to give that to us - just where I place his value to our team.

I will definitely not trust the O in the hands of Harrington, Carr or Culpepper should anything happen to Trent. Leftwich may be a viable backup but that too marginally. Don't you remember how Harrington performed under less than ideal conditions at the Ralph ? Or what our D did to Culpepper when he started for Miami ? Or the numerous times Carr has been benched having been given many more chances than JP ?

This is not a discussion about whether JP should be starting for us or just how great/sucky he his. It is a discussion about his value to us. And that to me is more than a 3rd rounder. perhaps more than a 2nd rounder. And I am not saying I am expecting anyone to give that to us - just where I place his value to our team.

anyone of those guys can back up just as well as jp can. they are all not starters, but neither is jp.

a draft pick and one of them >>>>>>>> JP

his value to us is as a back up, IF trent gets hurt. he's not a starter, he's not a future prospect, he's a benchwarmer.