What is your "shot of choice?"

EndZoneCrew

We all know when the drinking gets serious and your buddies start with the round of shots at the bar or tailgate, its time to make a decision......Which shot is it that you prefer to do (ie....what is your "go to" shot)?

For me it used to be Gordons Orange Vodka (since pulled off the shelves here in WNY) so now I prefer the straight up shot of Southern.......what about you?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whisky is the scottish gaelic spelling, whiskey is the Irish spelling

from wikipedia:

At one time, all whisky was spelled without the extra 'e', as "whisky". In around 1870, the reputation of Scottish whisky was very poor as Scottish distilleries flooded the market with cheaper spirits produced using the Coffey still. The Irish and American distilleries adopted the spelling "whiskey", with the extra "e", to distinguish their higher quality product.[12] Today, the spelling whisky (plural whiskies) is generally used for whiskies distilled in Scotland, Wales, Canada, and Japan, while whiskey is used for the spirits distilled in Ireland and America. Even though a 1968 directive of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms specifies "whisky" as the official U.S. spelling, it allows labeling as "whiskey" in deference to tradition and most U.S. producers still use the historical spelling. Exceptions such as Early Times, Maker's Mark, and George Dickel are usually indicative of a Scottish heritage.

Pendleton Canadian Whisky.

Why do canadians spell it without the 'e' ?

Mine switches all the time. I'll be on a kick with the same stuff for a while, and then I'll hate it and switch to something else. A perfect example is Southern Comfort. Two years ago I was hooked, now if I even smell the crap my stomach turns.

If you like Crown then give Pendleton a "shot" It's a blend like crown but even smoother. Cost the same for a fifth as crown too.

How did Crown Royal become so big now? It just seems that it is the "in" thing... Marketing? Younger generation...??

That and Grand Marquis' always seemed like "old men" things...

Hey, who would have known I have a little bit of Crayonz writing style!

;):wallbash:

How did Crown Royal become so big now? It just seems that it is the "in" thing... Marketing? Younger generation...??

That and Grand Marquis' always seemed like "old men" things...

Hey, who would have known I have a little bit of Crayonz writing style!

;):wallbash:

my choice is Crown as well. the reason is that it's incredibly smooth and goes down easier than others

my favorite is grand marnier-but I prefer a sniffer glass. Especially the hundred year old and the one hundred fifty year old. For a shot- I love car bombs! For straight shot patron silver or jameson

A big amen from the choir on that one Doc. :thumbsup:

Doc and Blz, there is only one kind of tequila worth having. It must be made from 100% blue agave cactus, preferably from the Jalisco province of Mexico. If it is white, sometimes marketed as "silver", it was aged in aluminum barrels. If it is golden it has either been aged on blackened (scorched) oak barrels, or they added caramel coloring. I avoid the caramel coloring.

The important thing is that it is 100% Agave. I have never gotten a hangover no matter how many shots I have. Both the white and oak aged tequila are very smooth.

We all know when the drinking gets serious and your buddies start with the round of shots at the bar or tailgate, its time to make a decision......Which shot is it that you prefer to do (ie....what is your "go to" shot)?

For me it used to be Gordons Orange Vodka (since pulled off the shelves here in WNY) so now I prefer the straight up shot of Southern.......what about you?

Any shot that will erase the mental image of your avatar in my head is good with me! That guy freaks me out.