Do you refrigerate your ketchup?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do but I really don't know why. It is a national brand and does not say to refrigerate after opening.

I never used to when they were in a glass container with a lid that screwed on tight.

Things grow on those plastic flip tops. :thumbdown:

I prefer the taste of ketchup when it's chilled.

I'm the exact opposite. That day where I open a new bottle is the best, but then for some reason, I throw it in the fridge.

I'm the exact opposite. That day where I open a new bottle is the best, but then for some reason, I throw it in the fridge.

I know it's like waiting an hour after eating before swimming... it's just one of those things we just buy into and accept it. Well no more I tell you!! No more!! I will not accept the word of the previous generation as the gospel! Sometimes you just have to challenge the status quo!!!

I know it's like waiting an hour after eating before swimming... it's just one of those things we just buy into and accept it. Well no more I tell you!! No more!! I will not accept the word of the previous generation as the gospel! Sometimes you just have to challenge the status quo!!!

Thats the spirit!!! I am thinking about doing the same. Some good points on both sides but there is enough salt in ketchup to mitigate any spoilage issues. I also agree with the poster about cold condiments on a warm burger or fries.

Wanna bet? Stick yer rubbers in the fridge for 30 minutes before use and tell me it aint worse.

:thumbdown:

I choose to modify my previous statement.

Nothing worse to eat than a cold condiment on a hot burger or dog.

Seriously folks....I'm 33 years old and have spent every one of those years eating non-refrigerated ketchup and yellow mustard.

Catsup on the other hand.....

you are totally !@#$ed.