Heard on Sirius radio that JP

I am by no means obsessed with Losman, but I'm also by no means one of the people who is bowing down to Edwards already with such little evidence that he is superior to Losman IMO. Believe me, I'm not going to say I told you so if Trent sucks, or sulk if he leads us to a bunch of wins, because that's all I care about. I just wonder about the Trent bandwagon being filled to the brim so soon...

Fair enough.

I wish I was younger, but I have been around a while and I have seen lots of quarterbacks. Imo, Trent already has qualities that I am not sure can be taught. I noticed it the first time I saw him in pre-season against the Lions. I am of the very strong opinion that this kid, if he stays healthy, is going to be VERY good.

This is why, as a Bills Fan, I choose to be happy about having Trent in Buffalo, in lieu of whining about JP and insulting Trent's sister.

As for JP, my biggest wish is that we get a good offer for him and his wish of leaving town is granted.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you think that JP was benched? Because he is a better qb than Trent?

Why do you think that the Bills are not getting offered 1st round picks, etc. for an experienced qb, in a league with a shortage of quality players at this position? Because he is highly regarded around the league?

News Flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JP hops around in the pocket, overthrows, throws ground balls, whines to the press about coaches, and is requesting to be traded. Oh, and he has lost more than 2/3 of the games he has started. Do you deny any of this? Seriously, let me know. I would love to go over it with you point by point.

As a Bills Fan, you might want to consider getting over this JP obsession. If he had any notable value, he would already be gone. We could sign Rattay, and have a couple of 1st round picks.

JP Losman was another failure by TD. Bledsoe lost to the Steelers, and MM and TD were pissed. They dumped Bledsoe (at a considerable expense in terms of cap dollars) and threw JP in there. He sucked then, and is making, 3 years later, the same mistakes. Oh....but he has a good arm, and likes to clean up.

I hope that you will be able to enjoy the 08 season with Trent in there winning games. I will be loving every second of it.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW ALL BILLS FANS will LOVE it if Trent plays well & leads the Bills to WINS. JP supporters also know JP is not an accomplished QB YET. The question is how well will Trent play next year, and can he stay healthy? I think the front office & coaching staff are asking themselves that, and that is the reason JP is still on the team.

I KNOW you realize the O-line works as a UNIT. It takes time for them to jell. They were better the 2nd half of last year than they were at the start of the season, & they will be better yet in 08. :thumbsup:

Assuming there are no injuries, you are absolutely correct.

That said, there is never a bad time for a football team to devote resources to blocking, or guys who can rush the quarterback.

Fair enough.

I wish I was younger, but I have been around a while and I have seen lots of quarterbacks. Imo, Trent already has qualities that I am not sure can be taught. I noticed it the first time I saw him in pre-season against the Lions. I am of the very strong opinion that this kid, if he stays healthy, is going to be VERY good.

This is why, as a Bills Fan, I choose to be happy about having Trent in Buffalo, in lieu of whining about JP and insulting Trent's sister.

As for JP, my biggest wish is that we get a good offer for him and his wish of leaving town is granted.

I totally agree with you Bill about Trent. The only caveat I have about Trent is his arm strength/ hand size, & his ability to STAY healthy. Those are also qualities that can't be taught. I also agree with you about posters insulting Trent's sister, they have also insulted Brady Quinns girlfriend & others, this is very Willis McGahee like.

Assuming there are no injuries, you are absolutely correct.

That said, there is never a bad time for a football team to devote resources to blocking, or guys who can rush the quarterback.

I am in agreement with you there also. I hope the Bills draft a Lineman or LB in the 1st.

And remember comments in the past by Losman and coaches that he doesn't seem to handle competition very well. He's the one more likely to fall into the "looking over his shoulder" syndrome.

I believe that Trent's mature demeanor would allow for him to handle a competition (granted, one tilted in his own favor) from JP for the starting job. So I wish people would stop whining about how a competition somehow compromises his position as a leader for this team. The Brady/Manning argument is just silly. Of course, these guys also have to play at their peak level to fend off competitors for their starting job. It's just that they are so good that no other competitor ever gets close.

JP has skills, but I just don't believe that he is ever going to be consistent enough over the long haul to be a good starting QB in the NFL. Obviously, there isn't a high demand for him around the league, and if he does leave, he won't be finding a starting gig elsewhere either. The sooner he comes to peace with his destiny, the sooner he will realize that there is a place for him with the Bills -- and that he can make plenty of money (some of the top backups are making $3 M per year now), keep his nice house -- and even become a fan favorite. After all, Frank Reich (and to a certain extent AVP) remain beloved figures in Buffalo.

And remember comments in the past by Losman and coaches that he doesn't seem to handle competition very well. He's the one more likely to fall into the "looking over his shoulder" syndrome.

I don't remember anything like this, quite the opposite, Losman welcomed competition. He stands up when he thinks he's being shafted, such as 2005 when he was yanked in and out of the starting QB position. and last year when he seemingly lost his job to injury, but to say he doesn't handle competition well or looks over his shoulder is just wrong.

I don't remember anything like this, quite the opposite, Losman welcomed competition. He stands up when he thinks he's being shafted, such as 2005 when he was yanked in and out of the starting QB position. and last year when he seemingly lost his job to injury, but to say he doesn't handle competition well or looks over his shoulder is just wrong.

You're right...Losman hadled it great, when he was handed the Bills starting QB job, and Bledsoe was let go...it has nothing to with competition or "looking over his shoulder"....JP played like he had a bonnet full of bees, long before Trent Edwards ever took a snap. JP didn't lose his job completely to injury last year. He lost his job because he got injured while playing terrible football, thus giving his under-study a chance to show that he could play just as well, if not better, with far less experience.

Why can't people see, JP was given a fair a shot as any team was likely to give him, to prove he could handle the starting job? He failed. It isn't an inflation of Edwards, so much as a condmenation of JP's play...if Edwards plays as poorly as Losman, after 30 some odd starts, he will get the same treatment.

You're right...Losman hadled it great, when he was handed the Bills starting QB job, and Bledsoe was let go...it has nothing to with competition or "looking over his shoulder"....JP played like he had a bonnet full of bees, long before Trent Edwards ever took a snap. JP didn't lose his job completely to injury last year. He lost his job because he got injured while playing terrible football, thus giving his under-study a chance to show that he could play just as well, if not better, with far less experience.

Why can't people see, JP was given a fair a shot as any team was likely to give him, to prove he could handle the starting job? He failed. It isn't an inflation of Edwards, so much as a condmenation of JP's play...if Edwards plays as poorly as Losman, after 30 some odd starts, he will get the same treatment.

Exactly. I think most every fan wanted JP to succeed. But I can't take the excuses anymore. Please watch teh Miami and Jacksonville games and tell me if you honestly think Losman will take this team to the playoffs. I really don't see it. I'll never say Trent is great but he looks worlds ahead of where JP was after his first 2 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?arc...qualified=false

48 J.P. Losman BUF QB 111 175 63.4 21.9 1,204 6.9 150.5 4 6 59 33.7 85T 12 2 14 76.9

63 Trent Edwards BUF QB 151 269 56.1 26.9 1,630 6.1 163.0 7 8 81 30.1 70T 21 4 12 70.4

I know. Excuses disguised as data.

Bad comparison. A better one would be if you compared their first year as starters stats. I guess you forgot that one huh? And please tell me where Cincy (JP's best game) finished defensively last year? And before you come back with Miami for Trent, please look up how McNabb, Brady's 2nd game, and Eli did against the Fins. It's time for a change.

Fair enough.

I am with you 100%. I don't understand how so many fail to see how much more under control Edwards is than JP, or about 70% of the other QB's in the league. His control of the huddle, game management, pocket feel, timing routes....just a smart kid. I also love how excited he gets when the Bills make big plays. If he was an emotionless egghead, I would temper my expectations....but he has outdone Favre on some of his TD giddiness! Even when he made big mistakes.....HE MEANT to make those mistakes. What I mean by that is he just doesn't scramble for his life and throw balls up for grabs, or throw to Lee Evans in triple coverage.....when Edwards makes a mistake, he made the decision to throw it to that spot and it didn't work out. It wasn't panic or poor risk management...they were either bad throws, misrun routes, our just the wrong decision at the time. I have full confidence in Edwards that he will think twice before throwing short outs at the goaline and before he wears gloves in the bad weather again.

Too many people take the Losman thing wrong. Trent Edwards has a special skill set that cannot be taught like Bill said. He also is athletic enough and has an accurate arm with some real zip on it within 25 yards to make his upside just about unlimited. While some may feel that he didn't outplay Losman on a whole last year, to do what he did as a rookie on a banged up team projects Edwards as a top 10 QB, if not Pro Bowl QB by the time he has as many games as Losman under his belt. It isn't Losman's fault. JP has two advantages on Edwards....he can scramble better, and throw the deep ball with more authority. That is it. There are certain guys that works out for...Vince Young, Favre to a point, Randall Cunningham.....but the list of classical pocket QBs that win with smarts and accuracy first, is 10x as long.

I don't hate Losman, and I will agree that he hasn't been groomed in the most ideal manner. My 100% support for Edwards is pure risk/reward basis. Is there a chance that Losman will outplay Edwards when we look back 15 years from now? Sure. There is also a chance Dwayne Wright will outplay Marshawn Lynch...but I am not willing to let my team be the stage for auditions. I have seen enough from all involved to make a valid and wise decision.

the biggest knock on jp is the negative plays.

he just fumbles, throws picks, gets sacked, or throws dirt or fly away balls too damn much for a guy you want to lead your team.

as a rook trent does a better job w negative plays than jp. that tells me trent is ahead of the curve (i think he'll be solid, not there yet) and clearly jp is just not good enough.

if we get a new te and wr, and maybe interior o line, and play killer d and run the ball next year trent is a guy i can feel good with throwing the ball 15-30 times a game using play action in a control o.

jp is just too eratic.

if we get a new te and wr, and maybe interior o line, and play killer d and run the ball next year, virtually any NFL quarter should succeed.

Fixed that for you.

Funny how a lack of a good TE, WR, interior OL, killer D and ability to run the ball are things will never be cited as a reason JP is erratic, but an addition of those things will someday make Trent good.

Fixed that for you.

Funny how a lack of a good TE, WR, interior OL, killer D and ability to run the ball are things will never be cited as a reason JP is erratic, but an addition of those things will someday make Trent good.

no no

as a rook with the same cast around him trent was much less erratic than jp.

with better tools jp will still have too many negative plays, that's why he has got to go.

If Trent is as superior as The Edwards BAll Washer contingent promotes, Trent should have no problem beating out JP. Why would you be afraid of an open competition ?

As opposed to the ball licking contingent of Jp supporters??

I doubt Trent is opposed to it..He didnt seem the type to even care...Bring it on..

I see. And you know this...how?

because he's had tons of negative plays his whole career. the rate of negative plays for that guy is off the charts, even when not taking too many drop backs in a game. it's pretty obvious dude, most people can see it.

I don't see it working out. You have two quarterbacks that have skill sets to flourish under completely different schemes. JP should be a scrambling, out-of-the-pocket QB. Trent is a pocket QB with a quick release. With each style, you have plays developing further, or quick dump-offs. Both systems have their advantages and both have disadvantages. But one certainty is that once you have your scheme, you build your team. You should not force a player to adapt to a scheme. If this is a conservative passing system, then JP might have the ability to fight for the starting job, but he is being set up to fail.

JP has been in the league 4 years and played parts of 3, Trent has been in the league 1 year. I don't have high expectations of either yet, nor do I think either is a waste. Its just way too early to tell.