Heard on Sirius radio that JP

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont owe him an apology. He said something to the tone of I hope Losman goes to another team & lites our ass up twice a year.

That's why I'm convinced I was correct in the first place, but in all fairness I can't recover the lost posts so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I've read his ramblings for a while now, including the one you mentioned. It's his M.O. to a tee.

GO BILLS!!!

If you think that the Bills were letting JP throw the ball in 2007 as early and often as they were in the second half of 2006 then you sir, are crazy.

I think 3rd and Bomb against the Broncos in game 1 cured them of that..Probably his worst overthrow of his career as far as timing goes..He had Evans wide open and he blew it..After that it seemed things went south for him...

That's why I'm convinced I was correct in the first place, but in all fairness I can't recover the lost posts so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I've read his ramblings for a while now, including the one you mentioned. It's his M.O. to a tee.

GO BILLS!!!

You say that you're giving me the benefit of the doubt, yet call it my M.O.???? Save it assh*le. I'm done with both of you. I refuse to carry on a conversation with a couple of jerks who are spreading outright lies about what I've said about my team. Neither of you morons are worth my time.

Sh*t, leave it to you to call me out on this. But I'm ready and able, blasphemous as it sounds. And I will not use the word 'benched' because, afterall, we are talking about Pro-bowl players. I will use the term 'step in for' instead. Peters could have stepped in for EITHER Wilford or Ballard. He's bigger and FAR more athletic than Wilford was so perhaps I put him in on the left side. He's as strong as Ballard and again, quicker, so I KNOW he'd do the job as the run blocker that Ballard did but in the interest of creating the best OL, he 'steps in' for Wilford.

Phew!

GO BILLS!!!

Do you really believe that?

Who and by what measure? Potential? I've got to see it realized. Peters is a definate. He'd have started on Jimbo's line. Everyone else on the offense is a huge question mark.

Is anyone under any illusion that Schonert has 'great' players to work with?

1st off, great is totally subjective and your question didn't ask whether they would have started on Jimbo's team or not.

Marshawn Lynch, Lee Evans and Jason Peters are 'great' players to work with. That's my illusion and I'm sticking under it... :thumbdown:

I believe Peters is THAT good. And will get even better. Unlike Ballard or Wilford, he's not playing with 4 other pro-bowlers (and a fifth who should have been in Davis). And he REALLY misses having a Kent Hull out there, the QB of the OL. The scary part is that he's still kinda green from a technique point of view. He makes up for it with pure athleticism. And he's only played the position for what, 1.5 years? If he stays healthy I predict he'll go down as the best Bills OLman of all time. And that's coming from someone who REALLY appreciates what Billy Shaw and that line from the early 90s could do.

GO BILLS!!!

1st off, great is totally subjective and your question didn't ask whether they would have started on Jimbo's team or not.

Marshawn Lynch, Lee Evans and Jason Peters are 'great' players to work with. That's my illusion and I'm sticking under it... :thumbdown:

I agree 'great' is a subjective term. Again, the poster I originally responded to used the phrase. I use 'could have started on Jimbo's team' as hyperbole as a way to illustrate my great respect for Peters. Nothing more. It was NOT an invitation for you to have to come up with players from our current team that could have played on those squads.

We could do a lot worse than Lynch, Evans, and Peters. Lots of teams would want them. That's not an illusion at all.

GO BILLS!!!

You say that you're giving me the benefit of the doubt, yet call it my M.O.???? Save it assh*le. I'm done with both of you. I refuse to carry on a conversation with a couple of jerks who are spreading outright lies about what I've said about my team. Neither of you morons are worth my time.

Calm down, Francis. Again, if I'm incorrect, I apologize. But what are the odds of two seperate posters having the same recollections of your past posts? Do you deny that your posts in defense of JP have tended to cut down Edwards at the same time? Defend JP all you want. You don't have to tear anyone else down in the process.

GO BILLS!!!

Nobody is looking to 'win' an argument that can't be won. I was just interested as it goes to support what the coaches already know. And what people who analyse the game (both professionally and as a hobby) already know as well. No surprise your panties would get all bunched up, though.

"You guys?" I know you have this yearning need to assume that ANYONE who deigns to point out the shortcomings in JP's game is automatically a Trent lover. But you'd be wrong. What a surprise.

It's time for you to remove the highschool-cheerleader-with-a-crush-on-the-varsity-QB emotion from the issue. You have proven time and again to be less than impartial on the issue as your incessant rants have suggested. Lucky for you the posts where you flatly state that you hope the Bills suck next season with Edwards at the helm were lost in the great data dump. Unlucky for you that you're so transparent on the issue.

GO BILLS!!!

and on that same token of taking away jp's 2 83 yard bombs to evans vs/ hou...

i wonder how good trent edwards' breakout year last year is without his aberration game vs. miami.

I will take his back here VA. If Peters couldn't beat either of them out (which I think that he could), he could have played either OG position.

Do you realize how strong he is? He compliments this with quickness and agility. At this point, Jason Peters is far and away the best player on the team imo.

It figures that we got him virtually by accident. :thumbdown:

Calm down, Francis. Again, if I'm incorrect, I apologize. But what are the odds of two seperate posters having the same recollections of your past posts? Do you deny that your posts in defense of JP have tended to cut down Edwards at the same time? Defend JP all you want. You don't have to tear anyone else down in the process.

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe it's because the JP haters tend to lump the Losman supporters all together. I don't know. I remember a couple of post where some fan(s) were saying things like that and I thought they were idiots for doing so.

During the searing QB debate last season I most certainly did "cut down" Edwards in terms of his ability, or lack there of, in throwing touchdown passes, putting points on the board, his performance in the last three games, and leaving Buffalo for three months after his rookie season in which he was named the starter. What, I can only defend Losman as long as I don't knock Trent? This doesn't make any sense, isn't that the point of an argument? As for personal attacks, yes I did attack others that attacked me. Not proud of it, but if you remember it was awfully nasty here while the whole transfer of power was going on, especially if you still thought JP was better than Trent. Some of the Trent supporters were nothing less than ruthless in their enthusiasm towards their hatred for anything positive said of Losman. It's all water under the bridge now.

None of which has anything to do with me wanting him to do badly or wanting JP to come back and whip the Bills ass playing for someone else. Look, I hope Trent throws 30 TD passes this season, I hope he is half the QB some here think he is. I want the Bills to win regardless of who is playing what position. Period, end of story. Go Trent!!! Go Bills!!! Jeez, it's become the freaking spanish inquisition around here.

Maybe it's because the JP haters tend to lump the Losman supporters all together. I don't know. I remember a couple of post where some fan(s) were saying things like that and I thought they were idiots for doing so.

I lump the JP haters and JP lovers together- both are irrational. He is a solid young QB who has ways to go, but has shown something. Nothing more, nothing less.

During the searing QB debate last season I most certainly did "cut down" Edwards in terms of his ability, or lack there of, in throwing touchdown passes, putting points on the board, his performance in the last three games, and leaving Buffalo for three months after his rookie season in which he was named the starter. What, I can only defend Losman as long as I don't knock Trent? This doesn't make any sense, isn't that the point of an argument? As for personal attacks, yes I did attack others that attacked me. Not proud of it, but if you remember it was awfully nasty here while the whole transfer of power was going on, especially if you still thought JP was better than Trent. Some of the Trent supporters were nothing less than ruthless in their enthusiasm towards their hatred for anything positive said of Losman. It's all water under the bridge now.

None of which has anything to do with me wanting him to do badly or wanting JP to come back and whip the Bills ass playing for someone else. Look, I hope Trent throws 30 TD passes this season, I hope he is half the QB some here think he is. I want the Bills to win regardless of who is playing what position. Period, end of story. Go Trent!!! Go Bills!!! Jeez, it's become the freaking spanish inquisition around here.

Now that's a post I can respect. Probably because I agree with everything in it.

Again, my apologies if I have you confused with someone else.

GO BILLS!!!

I lump the JP haters and JP lovers together- both are irrational. He is a solid young QB who has ways to go, but has shown something. Nothing more, nothing less.

One of the biggest problems was when some of us tended to defend Losman because of the way he was treated. Suddenly you had people writing things early last season like "He's a four-year vet and should be better now," which is like calling Edwards a two-year vet this year. And the moment you make a comment about how poorly the quarterback situation was handled, how poor the playcalling was, how a stable of professional NFL quarterbacks was NOT permitted to actually audible out of a bad play...you're suddenly a Losman apologist...a Trent hater...blah blah blah...

In anticipation of the new season, I do have one request of those who aren't wise enough to scan the whole field before making their move; if the team starts jerking Edwards in and out of the lineup this year like they did with Losman last year, and I defend Edwards and criticize the team for mismanaging the position, please be consistent and refer to me as an apologist for a two-year-vet with an ugly sister. Because that level of discourse never gets old.

Makes me wish people would start clamoring for the Bills to sign Chad Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, and Brian Urlacher to fix this team's woes.

and on that same token of taking away jp's 2 83 yard bombs to evans vs/ hou...

i wonder how good trent edwards' breakout year last year is without his aberration game vs. miami.

Not sure how one can call anyone's rookie year a 'breakout' year but go ahead and take away his Miami game. Not sure that has ANYTHING to do with my request but if it makes you feel better and you care to do the revised ratings, feel free.

Nice try at attempting to make my post yet another JP/Trent thing. I'm not interested in that on ANY level. You'll have to find another sucker willing to take the bait.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure how one can call anyone's rookie year a 'breakout' year but go ahead and take away his Miami game. Not sure that has ANYTHING to do with my request but if it makes you feel better and you care to do the revised ratings, feel free.

Nice try at attempting to make my post yet another JP/Trent thing. I'm not interested in that on ANY level. You'll have to find another sucker willing to take the bait.

GO BILLS!!!

JP has had good and bad games, while Trent has been a bit under 50/50. Both are very young and have upside but are unknown quantities who stepped into a starting role too early in their careers

JP has had good and bad games, while Trent has been a bit under 50/50. Both are very young and have upside but are unknown quantities who stepped into a starting role too early in their careers

You're preaching to the choir, Adam. However, with regard to the 'unknown quanitities' aspect of JP's career, I have to disagree. Trent may very well end up being worse but the point is we won't know that until he has 30+ starts under his belt. JP, on the other hand, has shown the same propensities in terms of awareness and mechanics that he showed in his rookie camp. Doesn't matter if it was his coaching, the play calling, etc. What matters is he hasn't shown the EXPECTED progression over 4 years that one would like to see, let alone what his coaches NEED to see.

GO BILLS!!!

JP didn't look good at all until his 3rd season. Trent was already better than JP in his first season.

In case you aren't clear about this, let me please remind you that JP Losman was benched because Trent Edwards is a better quarterback.

One of the biggest problems was when some of us tended to defend Losman because of the way he was treated. Suddenly you had people writing things early last season like "He's a four-year vet and should be better now," which is like calling Edwards a two-year vet this year. And the moment you make a comment about how poorly the quarterback situation was handled, how poor the playcalling was, how a stable of professional NFL quarterbacks was NOT permitted to actually audible out of a bad play...you're suddenly a Losman apologist...a Trent hater...blah blah blah...

In anticipation of the new season, I do have one request of those who aren't wise enough to scan the whole field before making their move; if the team starts jerking Edwards in and out of the lineup this year like they did with Losman last year, and I defend Edwards and criticize the team for mismanaging the position, please be consistent and refer to me as an apologist for a two-year-vet with an ugly sister. Because that level of discourse never gets old.

Makes me wish people would start clamoring for the Bills to sign Chad Johnson, Jeremy Shockey, and Brian Urlacher to fix this team's woes.

;) Yes, indeedy!