Heard on Sirius radio that JP

Hmm. Yeah, if only Jauron had gotten somebody good he could make chicken salad or this chicken sh*t.

You know, it's funny but I've YET to read ANY complaints about how bad Fairchild was during JP's 'breakout' year in '96.

Sorry, but you've seemed to have contradicted yourself there.

Assuming you meant 2006 and not 1996...JP Losman had the worst offensive line in the NFL. Remember that Gandy, Preston and Pennington were actually in our starting lineup. Also, Peerless Price was our starting #2 receiver. In 2006, Dick Jauron and Steve Fairchild gave JP Losman the chance to make chicken salad from chicken sh*t and lo and behold Losman actually did it!

In 2007, fresh from getting their "workhorse" RB in Marshawn Lynch, Dickie had the BRILLIANT idea to pull in the reigns and just hammer the opponents with Lynch. It failed miserably. It was an abomination of epic proportions to me. They were dumb, they were dull, they went down in flames to the tune of the 30th ranking in offense.

Jauron did have a player and OC who made chicken sh*t into chicken salad. I think that Fairchild was just doing Jauron's bidding in 2007. Jauron is the reason why we sucked so bad on offense last year. Not JP, not Trent...it was Jauron's balless coaching style after getting Marshawn Lynch in the draft. This guy is great a catching passes, but did have plays to get the QBs tossing passes to him??????? Of course he didn't. Jauron's a jackass.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you meant 2006 and not 1996...JP Losman had the worst offensive line in the NFL. Remember that Gandy, Preston and Pennington were actually in our starting lineup. Also, Peerless Price was our starting #2 receiver. In 2006, Dick Jauron and Steve Fairchild gave JP Losman the chance to make chicken salad from chicken sh*t and lo and behold Losman actually did it!

In 2007, fresh from getting their "workhorse" RB in Marshawn Lynch, Dickie had the BRILLIANT idea to pull in the reigns and just hammer the opponents with Lynch. It failed miserably. It was an abomination of epic proportions to me. They were dumb, they were dull, they went down in flames to the tune of the 30th ranking in offense.

Jauron did have a player and OC who made chicken sh*t into chicken salad. I think that Fairchild was just doing Jauron's bidding in 2007. Jauron is the reason why we sucked so bad on offense last year. Not JP, not Trent...it was Jauron's balless coaching style after getting Marshawn Lynch in the draft. This guy is great a catching passes, but did have plays to get the QBs tossing passes to him??????? Of course he didn't. Jauron's a jackass.

Give me a friggin' break. Yeah, after JP's breakout year in '06 Jauron decided to tigthen the reigns on the offense and go conservative because he had an untested rookie RB to take the load off. That makes ZERO sense and that is NOT what happened in '07. Not by a long stretch. ESPECIALLY when JP was in there. It made SENSE to be a bit more conservative when the untested ROOKIE was in at QB and they were. I'll give you that. That was SMART coaching.

The simple truth of the matter is that defenses made it a point to take away the long ball and JP had a miserable time adjusting to that. Evans was CONSISTENTLY taken away, couldn't find ways to beat double teams regularly, and JP is not good at finding his checkdowns. But boy, he can throw that long ball. Better to force it than play smart.

No contradiction in my post at all. Where were the complaints about Fairchild in '06? JP was the 11th rated passer in '06 so all was just fine. EVERYONE was anxious to see JP BUILD on '06 and it didn't happen so Fairchild forgot how to coach and Jauron, after seeing JP light it up a bit in '06, all of a sudden didn't trust him to do it again. But go ahead and fault everyone else BUT the person most responsible.

GO BILLS!!!

You know what the bills offense was ranked in 2006 as per yard per game? 30th. People have this fantasy that the offense & JP in particular brokeout in 06'. It just did not happen. JP had a few good games surrounded by mostly mediocre games & a few horrible games. He did not have a breakout season.

Tough to ignore the stats when comparing 06 & 07. Passing offense the bills ranked 28th in 06, averaging 169 yards per game & totaling 2,719 yards in JP's supposed breakout year. In 07', where everybody pretty much agrees the offense was a disaster & not to mention the fact that the bills played in two late season games where the weather made it virtually impossible to throw the ball, & they had a 3rd round rookie qb for half the season the stats are surprsingly similar to Jp's breakout year. 30th in passing offense, 164 yrds per games & total yrds of 2,668. 06 numbers were better in td/int ratio - 19/14 to 12/14 but other then that, the stats are very similar.

You know what the bills offense was ranked in 2006 as per yard per game? 30th. People have this fantasy that the offense & JP in particular brokeout in 06'. It just did not happen. JP had a few good games surrounded by mostly mediocre games & a few horrible games. He did not have a breakout season.

Tough to ignore the stats when comparing 06 & 07. Passing offense the bills ranked 28th in 06, averaging 169 yards per game & totaling 2,719 yards in JP's supposed breakout year. In 07', where everybody pretty much agrees the offense was a disaster & not to mention the fact that the bills played in two late season games where the weather made it virtually impossible to throw the ball, & they had a 3rd round rookie qb for half the season the stats are surprsingly similar to Jp's breakout year. 30th in passing offense, 164 yrds per games & total yrds of 2,668. 06 numbers were better in td/int ratio - 19/14 to 12/14 but other then that, the stats are very similar.

They didn't open it up until the second half of 2006. Do you even watch the games?

Give me a friggin' break. Yeah, after JP's breakout year in '06 Jauron decided to tigthen the reigns on the offense and go conservative because he had an untested rookie RB to take the load off. That makes ZERO sense and that is NOT what happened in '07. Not by a long stretch. ESPECIALLY when JP was in there. It made SENSE to be a bit more conservative when the untested ROOKIE was in at QB and they were. I'll give you that. That was SMART coaching.

The simple truth of the matter is that defenses made it a point to take away the long ball and JP had a miserable time adjusting to that. Evans was CONSISTENTLY taken away, couldn't find ways to beat double teams regularly, and JP is not good at finding his checkdowns. But boy, he can throw that long ball. Better to force it than play smart.

No contradiction in my post at all. Where were the complaints about Fairchild in '06? JP was the 11th rated passer in '06 so all was just fine. EVERYONE was anxious to see JP BUILD on '06 and it didn't happed so Fairchild forgot how to coach and Jauron, after seeing JP light it up a bit in '06, all of a sudden didn't trust him to do it again. But go ahead and fault everyone else BUT the person most responsible.

GO BILLS!!!

If you think that the Bills were letting JP throw the ball in 2007 as early and often as they were in the second half of 2006 then you sir, are crazy.

I'm one of those guilty of describing '06 as 'breakout' for JP. But you're entirely correct. It's just that we were so full of optimism for the guy and he really SUCKED in '05, that well, even a mediocre year sprinkled with a couple big plays, seemed like a HUGE improvement.

Just for grins, I'd be interested to see what happens to JP's 'breakout' year after removing the two bombs in the Houston game. Which I don't like to do because I'm not one to parse stats. We have to judge the entire body of work, warts and all. Just as you did in your post. But I'm curious. Just too lazy to plug in the revised stats.

GO BILLS!!!

Sorry if it is not worth my effort to go back two years.

Then it shouldn't be worth your effort to make a comment you can't or refuse to support.

You're not the only one who does this, and while I understand this is nothing more than an online playground to pass the workday, I'm stunned at how many lazyass people there are who will say something stupid and when challenged on it, reply with something completely childish like "Well, prove me wrong" or "Find the link yourself."

So in the spirit of everyone playing nicely in the playground, kindly put up or shut the !@#$ up.

They didn't open it up until the second half of 2006. Do you even watch the games?

Another untruth made up by the Losman supporters

In fact, 3 of his top 6 passing games that year as far as yardage are concerned came in the 1st half of the season. Game 3, NYJ threw 38 times for 328 yards. Game four Minn, threw 32 times for 222yrds. Week 6 Detroit, threw 34 times for 207 yards & week 9 Houston, 26 times for 340 yards. In fact out of the last eight games the only other time besides houston was tenn that he threw for over 200yrds & baltimore & baltimore he threw for 145 of those yards in the 4th quarter which was garbage time.

My point, I think nothing scare the coaches more concerning this team then letting losman air the ball out. Let him air the ball out enough & he is going to make enough stupid decisions to get you beat everytime. I think the coaches realized that after the 1st jets game.

BTW, another interesting stat. Of his top 6 passing games of 06, the bills were 2-4 in those games & it took a miracle catch by price in the final seconds of the houston game to not make it 1-5.

I'm one of those guilty of describing '06 as 'breakout' for JP. But you're entirely correct. It's just that we were so full of optimism for the guy and he really SUCKED in '05, that well, even a mediocre year sprinkled with a couple big plays, seemed like a HUGE improvement.

Just for grins, I'd be interested to see what happens to JP's 'breakout' year after removing the two bombs in the Houston game. Which I don't like to do because I'm not one to parse stats. We have to judge the entire body of work, warts and all. Just as you did in your post. But I'm curious. Just too lazy to plug in the revised stats.

GO BILLS!!!

Hmmmm, maybe if we take away Losman's touchdown passes we can somehow win this argument.

:thumbdown:

You guys are too freaking much.

If you think that the Bills were letting JP throw the ball in 2007 as early and often as they were in the second half of 2006 then you sir, are crazy.

What part about "defenses took away the long ball and Evans couldn't find ways to beat double teams consistently" don't you understand? They called it a few times early (Denver anyone?), it didn't work, JP (as usual) panicked when his first option was gone, and the rest is history. In fact, at one point in the first two games last year, I counted on one hand the number of times Evans had single coverage while JP was the QB. 3 of those 5 times the Bills attempted the long ball.

I may be crazy but I know what defenses the Bills faced all year. I know that since the Houston game in '06 EVERY DC made it a point NOT to be beaten by Evans. And for the most part they've been VERY successful at taking him away.

I may be crazy but it's plain STUPID to suggest that the Bills should have just taken what they wanted against defenses last year. We are FAR FAR from being able to do that. I don't care who's under center. We will ONLY get to the point of being able to take what we want when we're able to PROVE we can take what's there with any kind of consistency. When we FORCE defenses to adjust. You can't do that unless your QB can read defenses.

But that 60 yard incompletion is SO MUCH PRETTIER than the short one, isn't it?

GO BILLS!!!

Hmmmm, maybe if we take away Losman's touchdown passes we can somehow win this argument.

:thumbdown:

You guys are too freaking much.

Nobody is looking to 'win' an argument that can't be won. I was just interested as it goes to support what the coaches already know. And what people who analyse the game (both professionally and as a hobby) already know as well. No surprise your panties would get all bunched up, though.

"You guys?" I know you have this yearning need to assume that ANYONE who deigns to point out the shortcomings in JP's game is automatically a Trent lover. But you'd be wrong. What a surprise.

It's time for you to remove the highschool-cheerleader-with-a-crush-on-the-varsity-QB emotion from the issue. You have proven time and again to be less than impartial on the issue as your incessant rants have suggested. Lucky for you the posts where you flatly state that you hope the Bills suck next season with Edwards at the helm were lost in the great data dump. Unlucky for you that you're so transparent on the issue.

GO BILLS!!!

Um, maybe because they played crappy defenses. The Texans, Jets, Titans, and Fins were terrible. I'll admit I was blinded by hope that JP was the answer and overlooked this. We all did. The same OC in 2007 was the coordinator in 2007. Stop with the excuses for a player. It's sad an pathetic. JP regressed and Trent (while not great by any stretch) did have that completely lost look that Losman has.

How long would you have hung on to Boller (who at least had a winning record), Harrington, McCown, etc. Just because you were a 1st round pick means nothing. Personally, I'm sick of losing and sick of excuses. Losman was the pick of a crappy GM. Trent has long way to go, but I know that Losman has had 3 years of average to below average play. I don't want to sit through another year of that and keep hoping he suddenly gets "it."

Nobody is looking to 'win' an argument that can't be won. I was just interested as it goes to support what the coaches already know. And what people who analyse the game (both professionally and as a hobby) already know as well. No surprise your panties would get all bunched up, though.

"You guys?" I know you have this yearning need to assume that ANYONE who deigns to point out the shortcomings in JP's game is automatically a Trent lover. But you'd be wrong. What a surprise.

It's time for you to remove the highschool-cheerleader-with-a-crush-on-the-varsity-QB emotion from the issue. You have proven time and again to be less than impartial on the issue as your incessant rants have suggested. Lucky for you the posts where you flatly state that you hope the Bills suck next season with Edwards at the helm were lost in the great data dump. Unlucky for you that you're so transparent on the issue.

GO BILLS!!!

Now you're telling lies about me saying I hope the Bills sucked with Trent at the helm? That's nice. Great data dump or no great data dump, I've never stated or secretly wished the Bills to fail regardless of who was at QB. If fans here are now going to resort to outright lying to help support their own misguided opinions then we are all seriously f'd here at TSW. You can distort the facts all you want, but I definitely won't let you get away with lying about what I said bro.

you made some good points and some really bad ones.

Yes, Marchibroda looked liked an outstanding OC when JK was calling his own plays. Was he a great OC? Subjective....

Fairchild was a terrible OC last season, just terrible. Going back to 2006 and comparing his performance is not worth the effort. I can't imagine the 2008 season with him on the sidelines. We should all send the CSU Board of Directors thank you cards, since they saved this team from retaining their offensive basement status, because Jauron (in all likelihood) would have kept him.

Jauron was in a tough position. He could promote Turk and take his chances that continuity trumped experience or he could go out on the open market and hire the latter. Then he's taking his chances that experience or reputation is worth starting over with a new system, and that his job might go out the window waiting for the team to jell. Since they haven't even started training camp, the jury is still out on that decision.

Last time I checked, you couldn't get that yellow blazer until you played a while and retired for a few years. So, comparing our current QB(s) and RB or any of our current roster to Levy's is pretty silly. Once again, we don't know and I'd venture to guess that we have no clue how they will compare until they've played together a while.

WR and TE are evolutionary this season. Will we draft and/or trade for a stud WR or 2? Will Evans shift gears and reach his potential? Will the current TEs or some draft pick lift this moribund position into a red zone threat and relief valve for a young quarterback? More crystal ball stuff. The real answer is that we need to get way better, quickly with our receiver corps.

IMO and others, we have 1 of the best OLs in many years and maybe a season or a player away from domination.

I'll stand up and say YES, we have some great players on this team right now!

Who and by what measure? Potential? I've got to see it realized. Peters is a definate. He'd have started on Jimbo's line. Everyone else on the offense is a huge question mark.

Of course you're correct it takes an entire career to get that blazer. And I admit it's unfair to compare our current group with a once in a lifetime group of players. But I include them in the discussion because the poster I was responding to brought Marchibroda into the discussion. That made it relevant.

GO BILLS!!!

Who and by what measure? Potential? I've got to see it realized. Peters is a definate. He'd have started on Jimbo's line. Everyone else on the offense is a huge question mark.

Of course you're correct it takes an entire career to get that blazer. And I admit it's unfair to compare our current group with a once in a lifetime group of players. But I include them in the discussion because the poster I was responding to brought Marchibroda into the discussion. That made it relevant.

GO BILLS!!!

Really, where would Peters have started? Who on that line would you have benched?

Now you're telling lies about me saying I hope the Bills sucked with Trent at the helm? That's nice. Great data dump or no great data dump, I've never stated or secretly wished the Bills to fail regardless of who was at QB. If fans here are now going to resort to outright lying to help support their own misguided opinions then we are all seriously f'd here at TSW. You can distort the facts all you want, but I definitely won't let you get away with lying about what I said bro.

If I'm confusing you with someone else please accept my sincere apologies. But it was definately someone with a VERY similar handle. Is there a billsfan1 perhaps?

But while we're on the subject of outright lying to support our own 'misguided opinions' (interesting choice of words there, BTW), then I will expect that from here on out you will refrain from grouping me with all those you label "Trent lovers" or whatever you call anyone who points out JP's shortcomings.

Just as you claim to never have said you wish the Bills to fail to prove your point about the QB, I have NEVER said Edwards is the answer. I have said on numerous occassions, and have since he was a rookie in camp, that JP lacks certain elements in his game to be a consistent starter in the NFL and that Edwards is the best option AT THE MOMENT.

Do you see the nuance there?

GO BILLS!!!

If I'm confusing you with someone else please accept my sincere apologies. But it was definately someone with a VERY similar handle. Is there a billsfan1 perhaps?

But while we're on the subject of outright lying to support our own 'misguided opinions' (interesting choice of words there, BTW), then I will expect that from here on out you will refrain from grouping me with all those you label "Trent lovers" or whatever you call anyone who points out JP's shortcomings.

Just as you claim to never have said you wish the Bills to fail to prove your point about the QB, I have NEVER said Edwards is the answer. I have said on numerous occassions, and have since he was a rookie in camp, that JP lacks certain elements in his game to be a consistent starter in the NFL and that Edwards is the best option AT THE MOMENT.

Do you see the nuance there?

GO BILLS!!!

You dont owe him an apology. He said something to the tone of I hope Losman goes to another team & lites our ass up twice a year.

Ya but JP has been hated ever since he got here. Dispite his attempts to win over the fan base ive never seen such negativity directed towards a more team player. Willis and Henry were understandable but people seem to have a vendetta against JP simply because he wasnt the QB everyone had hoped and/or expected

Please..... :thumbdown:

Really, where would Peters have started? Who on that line would you have benched?

Sh*t, leave it to you to call me out on this. But I'm ready and able, blasphemous as it sounds. And I will not use the word 'benched' because, afterall, we are talking about Pro-bowl players. I will use the term 'step in for' instead. Peters could have stepped in for EITHER Wilford or Ballard. He's bigger and FAR more athletic than Wilford was so perhaps I put him in on the left side. He's as strong as Ballard and again, quicker, so I KNOW he'd do the job as the run blocker that Ballard did but in the interest of creating the best OL, he 'steps in' for Wilford.

Phew!

GO BILLS!!!