Heard on Sirius radio that JP

On the "2:00 Drill" they reported this. Who knows if it's true, but I just thought I'd pass it along.

I do hope that it's true though. It would only help Edwards' drive and confidence to actually win the starters job after he failed so badly at the end of last season.

no position is set in stone, however i dont believe that the QB position is going to be a competetion this offseason because JP losman is no competion. Edwards will have a full offseason as the starter and more time to develop. Jp has a phenominal arm but he simply cannot read defenses, pick them apart while keeping a drive alive or avoid bonehead decsions. Kyle Boller comes to mind with JP, both great athletes with a pretty deep ball, very capable and dangerous backups coming off the bench with experiance being able to make plays, but as full time starters they are easily game planned aginst.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no position is set in stone, however i dont believe that the QB position is going to be a competetion this offseason because JP losman is no competion. Edwards will have a full offseason as the starter and more time to develop. Jp has a phenominal arm but he simply cannot read defenses, pick them apart while keeping a drive alive or avoid bonehead decsions. Kyle Boller comes to mind with JP, both great athletes with a pretty deep ball, very capable and dangerous backups coming off the bench with experiance being able to make plays, but as full time starters they are easily game planned aginst.

I wouldn't say that JPL is no competition. He's been through training camps before and done well enough in practice situations to win the starting job on opening day 3 years running. For those with rock hard boners for Edwards, it is best if Losman goes somewhere else, no?

Now on game day, JPL looks unsettled and like a QB that is pressing crazy hard, rather than what one truly would like to see: a QB that can/does let the game come to him. He has the raw tools, but he hasn't gone through the necessary maturation process to be a consistently successful QB at this level.

Re: the general subject of JPL.

While JPL is a "5th year veteran", it is an inconvenient truth that that career includes a rookie year behind Drew Bledsoe with a broken leg, 1 year as the undeniable starter, and 2 years of being a QB yo-yo. That's while playing in 2 different systems (with a 3rd change in philosophies upcoming); 2 different coaching staffs; now going into the 3rd front office situation; a serious lack of team talent, etc. Oh yes, those can all be given the well-worn unceremonious rebuff as deniable flim-flam excuses from the JPL apologists, who are also castigated as a group of idiots and faithless, feckless fans. It is inconvenient that these arguments keep getting mentioned when discussing the Bills development process of a raw 1st round pick out of a small school who was known from the very beginning to need development time. It is even more inconvenient when it is mentioned that Dick Jauron has a long wake of history of QB controversies as head master of NFL franchises and that he was an instrumental part of building those teams. But, yes, JPL doesn't win enough games by himself. Since the argument that professional football is an individual sport is so compelling, let's bring on the next Jauron QB yo-yo and see what goes down.

Color me enthralled and oozing titillation.

My opinion is that we should keep J.P. for one more year to help backup Trent, but if the possiblility is their to trade him away for picks do it.

Only 1 more week & we will know abot JP's future with the Bills. If JP is still on the team after next weekend, he will be a Bill in 08.................. Unless a playoff type team loses their starter in training camp & makes a GREAT OFFER for him.

I wouldn't say that JPL is no competition. He's been through training camps before and done well enough in practice situations to win the starting job on opening day 3 years running. For those with rock hard boners for Edwards, it is best if Losman goes somewhere else, no?

Be serious, OK. 3 years of winning the job? Where are you getting nonsense like this from? Are you staring at JP posters and having wild, delusional thoughts? ;):oops: Perhaps you can take a time out and come back to reality for just a moment.....

After throwing all of 5 passes in his rookie season, JP was handed the job by virtue of Bledsoe being cut. He was benched of course, and finished up with a completion percentage of under 50%. The following season, who prey tell did he "beat out?" Superstars such as Holcomb and Nall? There's an accomplishment!!! :lol:

Then, after an OK season in terms of passing stats and a poor one in terms of winning games in the clutch, he "competed" with a 3rd round rookie who clearly out performed him in pre-season. It wasn't close. He was of course handed the job yet again. Then, he was benched because he sucked and the rookie was playing well.

End result? 10-21.

Does this stuff ring a bell even a little. Either way, dim the lights and carry on. :thumbsup:

On the "2:00 Drill" they reported this. Who knows if it's true, but I just thought I'd pass it along.

I do hope that it's true though. It would only help Edwards' drive and confidence to actually win the starters job after he failed so badly at the end of last season.

7 pages of a thread about a complete non-story. wow.

7 pages of a thread about a complete non-story. wow.

You're complaining to me how long this thread is? Sorry, but that's a little bizarre to me.

As for the "non-story" comment, I thought it was interesting that Brandon made public that Losman would have a chance to earn the starting spot in 2008. If you don't want me to pass this stuff along anymore, that's fine with me.

Be serious, OK. 3 years of winning the job? Where are you getting nonsense like this from?

End result? 10-21.

I elided the personal attacks. BTW, the personal stuff does nothing to prove your point. That sort of argument is puerile and goes a long way to undermine any credibility.

Back to the point: You are contradicting yourself. You point out that he made 31 starts over the past 3 seasons and call it "nonsense" that Losman won the starting QB job. Was he or was he not the starter? Was there or was there not other QBs on the roster and in camp? Was there or was there not the possibility the Bills could sign other QBs? Are you "serious" with the implication that the Bills organization, especially the new regime and coaching staff, threw away 4 years (or is it 5 now?) to stroke Tom Donahoe's ego despite Losman having zero skills? What proof do you have that anybody at 1 Bills Drive gives a damn what Tom Donahoe thinks? And for that matter, how does a talent starved team (by your own admission in other posts the Bills lines have been neglected for over a decade) even win 10 games with a completely undeserving yet starting despite zero skills QB?

I elided the personal attacks. BTW, the personal stuff does nothing to prove your point. That sort of argument is puerile and goes a long way to undermine any credibility.

Back to the point: You are contradicting yourself. You point out that he made 31 starts over the past 3 seasons and call it "nonsense" that Losman won the starting QB job. Was he or was he not the starter? Was there or was there not other QBs on the roster and in camp? Was there or was there not the possibility the Bills could sign other QBs? Are you "serious" with the implication that the Bills organization, especially the new regime and coaching staff, threw away 4 years (or is it 5 now?) to stroke Tom Donahoe's ego despite Losman having zero skills? What proof do you have that anybody at 1 Bills Drive gives a damn what Tom Donahoe thinks? And for that matter, how does a talent starved team (by your own admission in other posts the Bills lines have been neglected for over a decade) even win 10 games with a completely undeserving yet starting despite zero skills QB?

There is no point in arguing with the haters. Just wait until next season & see the excuses they have for Edwards, with a MUCH BETTER team than JP had around him, I might add.

There is no point in arguing with the haters. Just wait until next season & see the excuses they have for Edwards, with a MUCH BETTER team than JP had around him, I might add.

I know and I agree. If Edwards continues to struggle (and he was struggling at the end of last season) and Jauron flip-flops on his QB (as he has so often done in the past), it is going to be a fugly scene around here.

Ah I can see it now......Trent does well... "he has a better team" than JP did..... I guess you "win" either way....THAT"S !@#$IN SAD! You just can't wait for Trent to fail.....you are a real "fan".

GO BILLS!

I know and I agree. If Edwards continues to struggle (and he was struggling at the end of last season) and Jauron flip-flops on his QB (as he has so often done in the past), it is going to be a fugly scene around here.

This is what worries me. Edwards will most likely struggle. He's a second year QB with less than a full season of starts under his belt. Add in the fact that we're still a young team, and you've got the classic recipe for an up and down performance from the QB. The question will be, does Jauron stand by his man or does he waffle? My guess... he waffles.

The best scenario for the upcoming season would have been for JP to look good last season so that he could be progressing with the rest of the team in 08. That didn't happen. So, now we have a rather glaring question mark sitting right in the middle of our offense that most assume will be great or at the least not be a hindrance. However, the reality is we really just don't know. He's shown flashes of being good. But, so does JP; so do alot of QBs.

This is what worries me. Edwards will most likely struggle. He's a second year QB with less than a full season of starts under his belt. Add in the fact that we're still a young team, and you've got the classic recipe for an up and down performance from the QB. The question will be, does Jauron stand by his man or does he waffle? My guess... he waffles.

The best scenario for the upcoming season would have been for JP to look good last season so that he could be progressing with the rest of the team in 08. That didn't happen. So, now we have a rather glaring question mark sitting right in the middle of our offense that most assume will be great or at the least not be a hindrance. However, the reality is we really just don't know. He's shown flashes of being good. But, so does JP; so do alot of QBs.

It worries me too. I can see this turning into JP's first season. I think Trent will perform better because he has had some sucess already but this team is very close to the playoffs and probley should have made it last year. If the bills are close and trent is struggling dicky J could "spark" the team with JP at QB. If that happens and JP leads us to a playoff birth (or hamdan :thumbsup: ) Edwards confidence could be shot and we have a major decision to make going into next offseason.

I really hope that doesnt happen. Trent needs to start every game whether or not hes doing well. We can't keep flip flopping