Brandon: Losman will be part of team in 2008

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly. All over WNY mental midgets are bitching

But Pete, why are they mental midgets for thinking that JP is not a good quarterback?

Also, I only take the statements by Brandon at face value. If he changes his mind and accepts a decent offer (assuming he gets one), what is our recourse? We could yell, "liar liar pants on fire," but he might not care.

Remember, JP is the one who asked for a trade. He doesn't want to play in Buffalo.

I am just saying that I don't see this as a done deal.

There is no -- zero, zilch, nada -- reason for Brandon to reveal his true intentions to the media at a friggin' pre-draft luncheon. His statements were intended to do two things, and two things only: stroke Losman's ego, and drive up JP's perceived value among 31 other GMs.

As usual, much ado about nothing.

What he really really means. I want to trade JP but I have to say nice things publicly because I won't give him away for nothing. As soon as I state I want to trade him his value drops in the marketplace. Plus I run the risk of completely alienating him if I can't put a good deal together and end up hanging onto him. By saying this at this time I keep all my options open and protect JPs value in the marketplace.

You never show your hand, if he came out and said he wnted to trade him I be angry because there's no reason to say it.

It's similar to what Pac-Man just did to Tennessee. he said he won't apply for reinstatement until AFTER he's traded. Well since teams aren't sure if he WILL be reinstated that undermines his trade value to Tennessee since teams are less willing to risk a better draft pick on an uncertain situation. By saying that he effective reduced his chances of being traded this off-season because Tennessee can let him sit on the suspended list for free and they won't give him away for nothing either because it doesn't hurt them at all to keep him where he is. Pac Man doesn't want to play n Tenn but by showing his hand he f'ed it up for himself, once again proving the abyssal depth of his ignorance.

Agreed.....exactly what i was thinking. Let's make it look like we actually want this guy, and maybe his value will increase. We will also have better conditions when someones #1 or #2 go down at camp. :P

But Pete, why are they mental midgets for thinking that JP is not a good quarterback?

Also, I only take the statements by Brandon at face value. If he changes his mind and accepts a decent offer (assuming he gets one), what is our recourse? We could yell, "liar liar pants on fire," but he might not care.

Remember, JP is the one who asked for a trade. He doesn't want to play in Buffalo.

I am just saying that I don't see this as a done deal.

They are not mental midgets for thinking JP is not a good QB. Whether JP is good or not has yet to be determined. He has been jerked around by the coaching staff and lambasted by Bills "fans". I would be very frustrated too if I was JP. He does not need to accept an offer- he is under contract for one more year-and it is an affordable contract at that. That is why it would be foolish to trade him. You need two experienced QBs in this day and age. I look at having both JP and Trent as a plus. JP knows the system, the players, and the organization. He has been great in the community. Why run him out of town? And for what? A later round draft pick? Do we really want to waste a draft pick on a backup QB (an area of strength now). We need DT, DE, WR, TE, S, CB, LB, FB, OL- why create more holes? That seems asinine to me.

JP is going nowhere until we have his replacement lined up-that means a VETERAN backup, not Hamden, not a rookie. With just about all the decent veteran backups gone, JP stays unless the Bills work out a trade for a vet or a vet gets released and agrees to terms before JP is traded. A draft choice is meaningless without a backup to go with it.

About the only way I see JP leaving is if he's traded for a QB with NFL starting experience, and not some way over the hill type like Trent Dilfer.

WOW!!!!!! this thread got a lot of posts deleted. i stated it once and i'll state it again, if Faking a Roughin thinks i'm ExpertOpinion, Kantorski, or SuperiorKnowledge, you are 1000% wrong......

...... and you can take THAT to the bank. :P

WOW!!!!!! this thread got a lot of posts deleted. i stated it once and i'll state it again, if Faking a Roughin thinks i'm ExpertOpinion, Kantorski, or SuperiorKnowledge, you are 1000% wrong......

...... and you can take THAT to the bank. :beer:

I don't want to put words in his mouth but what I think he means is that if you're not actually the ventriloquist, you're the ventriloquist's dummy.

I don't want to put words in his mouth but what I think he means is that if you're not actually the ventriloquist, you're the ventriloquist's dummy.

Waitacottonpickin minute here, boy. Didcha just call 'im a dummy ?

And words are not what I hope someone would shove into said ventriloquist's mouth. That said, life is peaceful with him on ignore. Is it that or did he get booted ?

are you speaking for Faking then? then you must be his dummy.

you got it bro :worthy:

or are you the dummy?

it's so hard to tell who's sitting on who's lap in this case. i take it that you both swap turns with each other. :thumbsup: