Official Red Sox - Yankees Trash Talk thread

Ramius

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it!

Whats the word on playoff tix? Goin' like hotcakes or easy to get your hands on?

They've sold out the first two. (waiting on seeding, I'm sure.) Buddy of mine called yesterday and asked if I wanted to go next Wed night. I had to pass. I'll definitly go to ALCS if they make it. WS too!! 0:)

Kazmir is on the mound today against the moe town flunkies. Win and Clinch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 game sweep in N.Y. means division lead swells to 6.5 games. Boston needs to start worrying about the wildcard.

<stadium fan chant>

SEASON OVER. *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

</stadium fan chant>

Looks like the Red Sox need to focus on staying in the WC race.

• 3 weeks later...
Scoreboard bitches.

See my above post.

SEA-SON O-VER!

Pretty arrogant given the lack of recent success in the post season compared to the Red Sox. I'll believe the current group of Yankees can beat the Red Sox when it matters when they actually do it.

For the life of me I don't understand anyone talking that kind of trash, especially a BILLS fan. I don't know where Macungie is but the rivers apparently run deep with vinegar and water.

Agreed. The season may be over, the playoffs are another story altogether. Burnett better get his act together before October rolls around- tonight's start was good, let's build on it.

Nervous about Detroit in a short series- Verlander-Jackson is a 1-2 punch that are under the radar right now, and in a 5-game set, a good 1-2 is all you need.

• 4 weeks later...
Agreed. The season may be over, the playoffs are another story altogether. Burnett better get his act together before October rolls around- tonight's start was good, let's build on it.

Nervous about Detroit in a short series- Verlander-Jackson is a 1-2 punch that are under the radar right now, and in a 5-game set, a good 1-2 is all you need.

How'd Detroit perform in 3-game sets against the Yanks this year? Not good, that's how. Girardi is going to pick the longer opening series, so they may not have to even go three deep in the rotation. I have faith in Burnett, and CC is CC.

And Darin: The Red Sox have SERIOUS rotational issues, and their lineup isn't nearly what it was in the heyday of Ortiz and Manny.

Oh, and Detroit may not even MAKE the playoffs at this point. It's far from a done deal.

How'd Detroit perform in 3-game sets against the Yanks this year? Not good, that's how. Girardi is going to pick the longer opening series, so they may not have to even go three deep in the rotation. I have faith in Burnett, and CC is CC.

And Darin: The Red Sox have SERIOUS rotational issues, and their lineup isn't nearly what it was in the heyday of Ortiz and Manny.

Oh, and Detroit may not even MAKE the playoffs at this point. It's far from a done deal.

Easy there, boss- I'm a Yankees fan, too. I stand by my concern about facing Detroit in a short series. Their lineup isn't great, but their starting pitching is very strong at the top, which means you'll see it more often during a shortened series.

Regular season success against a team doesn't always translate in the postseason. In 2006, the Yankees were 5-2 in the regular season against the Tigers and lost the ALDS; in 2007, the Yankees were 6-0 (!) in the regular season against Cleveland and lost the ALDS.

That being said, I'm confident the Yankees will beat either Detroit or Minnesota in an ALDS this year- I'm just pulling for the Twins to take that last playoff spot.