Official Red Sox - Yankees Trash Talk thread

Ramius

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ponson has given up 7 ER in 4 IP tonight (so far)- any more evidence needed that the Yankees need a starter to really compete for/in the playoffs? I still have faith that IPK can be a better replacement, but not necessarily a good pitcher (at least this year), especially after trading McCutchen. Will Washburn be better? He probably won't be worse. It's possible the Yanks could wait for Wang to come back, but I don't think he'll be 100% in 4 weeks, and Hughes is just too young to make a huge difference this year. Do they actually give Pavano starts in 4 weeks? Will hell freeze over? Or do the Yankees stay put, thinking Ponson and Rasner are acceptable 4 and 5 pitchers? If they don't make the Washburn deal, at least to see (barring the recent Seattle demand for a quality prospect- he's not worth it), I don't think the Yankees will do damage in the playoffs if they make it at all. And no, this is not a reaction to tonight's Ponson performance- I've believed this since Rasner's June ERA was 5+

• 2 weeks later...
... for baseball, it isn't a great market, and that was the point Darin. Jeez for a mod, you really do talk a lot of crap.

Who cares if it isn't a great market? It's simply not a small market and that's just an excuse for the team's inability to sell itself to what would be the 4th largest market if measured against the U.S. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Our market only cares about hockey so we can't compete against the Yankees. What a load of crap.

Why do all you little weasels bring up the fact that I'm a moderator when I point out something that's unbelievably stupid? Must be a small weenie thing.

So now Toronto is a small market? :unsure:

No, they are a big market who has $pent plenty of $ and made some pretty poor decisions (Overbay, Thomas, Burnett are disappointments just to name a few).

They need to develop some offense from within.

He's an upgrade over Zink or Bucholtz.

Depends on which Byrd you get.

Pre-All Star Break: 18 starts, 3-10, 5.47 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, .296 Opp BA

Post-All Star Break: 4 starts, 4-0, 1.24, 1.10 WHIP, .231 Opp BA

His splits home versus away haven't been pretty, either. Much better at home --half the ERA, Opp. BA down, WHIP down, nearly as many wins (3) eight home starts as he had in 14 away starts.

Depends on which Byrd you get.

Pre-All Star Break: 18 starts, 3-10, 5.47 ERA, 1.35 WHIP, .296 Opp BA

Post-All Star Break: 4 starts, 4-0, 1.24, 1.10 WHIP, .231 Opp BA

I'll take either at this point. Buchholtz just ain't ready and Zink...well he is...Charlie Zink.

I'll take either at this point. Buchholtz just ain't ready and Zink...well he is...Charlie Zink.

When he's on, he's very good - keeps the opposition guessing, mixes pitches, locations and speeds very well. When he's off - it's HR Derby time.

• 1 month later...
And dominating the Wild Card. ONE MORE WIN TO GO!!

You guys know all about dominating the Wild Card...no denying that. You'd have one playoff appearance in the last dozen years if it wasn't for it. I have hated the wildcard from day one. I realize I'm in the minority here. Boston winning it all the time only strengthens my feelings for the wildcard.

Its simply outstanding to see the yanks eliminated form playoff contention. 0:) Warms the heart. Now watching the boSux go down in 3 in the ALDS would really warm the soul. And the best? That the sox and the angels will have to tangle in the first round! At least 1 of them will be eliminated right off the bat!

Its simply outstanding to see the yanks eliminated form playoff contention. 0:) Warms the heart. Now watching the boSux go down in 3 in the ALDS would really warm the soul. And the best? That the sox and the angels will have to tangle in the first round! At least 1 of them will be eliminated right off the bat!

Go Rays!! :lol: