The final nail for Adarius Bowman' draft stock.

Brandon

Cool, let's draft him in the 6th or 7th round then.

We can always have Jason Peters and Marcus Stroud haze the hell out of him. That would scare anyone from making a mistake again.

I was thinking th same thing...maybe even with pick # 251!

I've smoked pot. Given the choice of smoking pot or millions of dollars I think I know which one I'd pick. What a moron.

I hope it drops him to us later in the draft. He was too productive- he will most definitely get drafted. I bet the majority of the NBA and NFL smoke weed. It is stupid that it is illegal. And to equate it with a domestic, an assault, or gun possession is idiotic

Federal Law trumps all.

Sincerely,

Hippie Lettuce Lovers in states with a clue

Misdemeanor marijuana charge, I highly doubt it falls under the Federal regulation. Although Barney Frank is finally submitting a bill to end this bullcrap with regards to marijuana possession for personal consumption. No need to have pot heads in the legal system. What a waste. Although, Frank is a liberal so I am sure his agenda is not to protect individual rights, right Darin?

Misdemeanor marijuana charge, I highly doubt it falls under the Federal regulation. Although Barney Frank is finally submitting a bill to end this bullcrap with regards to marijuana possession for personal consumption. No need to have pot heads in the legal system. What a waste. Although, Frank is a liberal so I am sure his agenda is not to protect individual rights, right Darin?

So because he's going to do one thing that benefits the individual we should ignore pretty much ever other liberty reducing thing liberals (and the so called conservatives) do? Nothing like picking a fleck of corn outta a field full of dung and pretending you've got nourishment.

Yeah, viva Barney Frank. :devil:

And just because nearly all "possession" prosecutions occur at the state level doesn't mean they don't exist at the federal level. They do. It's called the Federal Controlled Substances Act.

Yeah, I'm all for Bills players using anything that impairs motivation, judgment, and time. :devil:

Bowman is off my list and his time is up: Bonnnnnnggggggggggg....

Wow you are tough. No drinking? Even in the off season? Too harsh IMO.

:lol:

Yeah, I'm all for Bills players using anything that impairs motivation, judgment, and time. :devil:

How did you like having Bruce Smith on the Bills?

I still haven't figured out how to impair time, but I'll keep trying :lol:

I still haven't figured out how to impair time, but I'll keep trying :devil:

take a trip to space and experience space time. Try flying the speed of light and you will really distort time. Now if there is a drug that will impair time- I wanna try it- especially if it slows down aging

Out of curiosity...

What if he was in California and had a medical marijuana card? How would that play into the equation, since he would be considered legal?

If he had a medical marijuana card, then he probably wouldn't be drafted high due to the medical condition.

So because he's going to do one thing that benefits the individual we should ignore pretty much ever other liberty reducing thing liberals (and the so called conservatives) do? Nothing like picking a fleck of corn outta a field full of dung and pretending you've got nourishment.

Yeah, viva Barney Frank. :lol:

And just because nearly all "possession" prosecutions occur at the state level doesn't mean they don't exist at the federal level. They do. It's called the Federal Controlled Substances Act.

[/q]

I know they exist at the federal level, but I would be pissed as a citizen if the federal government would prosecute such a crime for possession of marijuana for personal use. What danger does this individual bring to society? Now, if he is endangering others, than he should be charged with those crimes, based on those merits. This war on drugs has helped create this whole drug abuse as a disease conundrum, and the conservatives have a lot to blame for that.

What a idiot. The grass cost him several hundred thousand dollars if not more.

I smoked multiple times, everyday for the last four years. It never interfered with my job, or ability to get one (no testing). If it did I would have quit, no doubt about it. During that time I just felt like it was better to be stoned then think/confront adult problems. I still hold the opinion that marijuana is less dangerous then drinking, but if it becomes a way of life it has a lot of negative consequences, especially toward motivation. After all that smoking I quit, with no "withdrawal feelings" about a month ago. It's not a hard drug to get off of. The fact that he kept smoking this close to the draft, AFTER his possession charge at UNC, with so much to lose.... I just wouldn't consider drafting him. Not in the 7th round, not in the 15th round if this was the 60's.

He clearly doesn't have his head on straight to risk so much over something so insignificant.

What a idiot. The grass cost him several hundred thousand dollars if not more.

I smoked multiple times, everyday for the last four years. It never interfered with my job, or ability to get one (no testing). If it did I would have quit, no doubt about it. During that time I just felt like it was better to be stoned then think/confront adult problems. I still hold the opinion that marijuana is less dangerous then drinking, but if it becomes a way of life it has a lot of negative consequences, especially toward motivation. After all that smoking I quit, with no "withdrawal feelings" about a month ago. It's not a hard drug to get off of. The fact that he kept smoking this close to the draft, AFTER his possession charge at UNC, with so much to lose.... I just wouldn't consider drafting him. Not in the 7th round, not in the 15th round if this was the 60's.

He clearly doesn't have his head on straight to risk so much over something so insignificant.

I agree 100%. Whenever a job or life circumstances call for it, weed is the last thing I would do, however, I find it funny that people want to drop his football credentials because he got caught with weed. Who do these people hang with, are you really that out of touch with society? It is time the law catches up with the people.

I agree 100%. Whenever a job or life circumstances call for it, weed is the last thing I would do, however, I find it funny that people want to drop his football credentials because he got caught with weed. Who do these people hang with, are you really that out of touch with society? It is time the law catches up with the people.

Tell me about it. Just because I quit, I'm not one of the holier then tho types. It's part of my life, history, I'm not happy about it in some ways, but I'm not mad either. You live, you learn, you prioritize, thats life. I'm sure a day will come when I will smoke again, it just won't ever be a way of life for me.

I've done my fair share of drinking, hell, I used to be known for being able to handle amazing amounts of Jamison/Makers/Jaiger. For better or worse, that was a big part of my college experience, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But if for one second people thought I was more of a danger to society and those around me when I smoked compared to drinking, well those are the people on the hard drugs.

The only danger I was when I was smoking was to the large pizza sitting next to me.

take a trip to space and experience space time. Try flying the speed of light and you will really distort time. Now if there is a drug that will impair time- I wanna try it- especially if it slows down aging

Traveling at the speed of light it's easy to get burned.

Tell me about it. Just because I quit, I'm not one of the holier then tho types. It's part of my life, history, I'm not happy about it in some ways, but I'm not mad either. You live, you learn, you prioritize, thats life. I'm sure a day will come when I will smoke again, it just won't ever be a way of life for me.

I've done my fair share of drinking, hell, I used to be known for being able to handle amazing amounts of Jamison/Makers/Jaiger. For better or worse, that was a big part of my college experience, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. But if for one second people thought I was more of a danger to society and those around me when I smoked compared to drinking, well those are the people on the hard drugs.

The only danger I was when I was smoking was to the large pizza sitting next to me.

.....and the chips, cookies, soda, chocolate, brownies, cake, pudding etc. :lol:

This is a big deal because this kid has shown that he's not capable of being trusted. He got in trouble in college, transferred and showed some maturity. Now, when all the eyes of the NFL brass on him, he gets arrested for petty marijuana possession. This hurts his stock because he is going to be considered a risk. If he's getting locked up now, what can NFL teams expect from him after he cashes his first NFL paycheck? It's amazing how stupid some of these athletes can be.

Ok scratch Bowman off the wish list. That's just too bad. Why, why in the world would someone destroy themselves over something so insignificant?

Why would someone scratch a player off a team's board over something so insignificant? He's there in the later rounds you take a flyer on the kid and hope he pulls his stojan together. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

IMO, its a lot less about the weed and a lot more about his judgement (or lackthereof). If he can't stay away from it during this draft process when he knows it could hurt him and cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars, but especially when his draft stock is already diving, it really makes me question this guy's character. How bad does he really want to play in the NFL if he's willing to risk what's left of his draft hopes? If I can't trust the guy to take the draft process seriously, dedicate himself to it, and to stay clean for a few months of his life, how can I trust him to actually dedicate himself for a period of years to playing football?

If I'm a GM, I can't.

IMO, its a lot less about the weed and a lot more about his judgement (or lackthereof). If he can't stay away from it during this draft process when he knows it could hurt him and cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars, but especially when his draft stock is already diving, it really makes me question this guy's character. How bad does he really want to play in the NFL if he's willing to risk what's left of his draft hopes? If I can't trust the guy to take the draft process seriously, dedicate himself to it, and to stay clean for a few months of his life, how can I trust him to actually dedicate himself for a period of years to playing football?

If I'm a GM, I can't.

Exactly, I'm as big of a Bowman fan as there is (I went to Oklahoma State) but this is just stupid. It is not about smoking weed. It is the fact that you have been killing your draft status with bad workouts and then this (after you've been busted before). I don't want him anywhere near the Bills.

Why would someone scratch a player off a team's board over something so insignificant? He's there in the later rounds you take a flyer on the kid and hope he pulls his stojan together. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Well remember we did lose a role player for a year and a very popular player due to smoking pot. (hargrove) sh------- but it is a concern

WHOA ,,REALITY CHECK ,,,,,,,,what you fail you say is 9 times out 10 if you are very good at your job ,regardless of position,, and not just in sports ,,,,,,,,management will ignore it ...unless confronted ,,,,then they ll deny knowing anything ,,