Originally Losman was supposed to have some of Farve's

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a great comparison. Similar build. Similar arm arm strength. I think Hasselbeck is a little bit more mobile, but Edwards can move around when need be.That's the closest physical skill set comparison you can get though. Nice catch :)

Yes, all this and they both possess a "San Francisco" kinda look to them. Don't you think? :nana:

But you would like him if he did the bunny hop and threw infield practice. I mean that is what you like in a quarterback, right?
I have never liked JP's short throws. Those can be corrected with PROPER COACHING. Let's hope Trent can learn to find the end zone, or the Bills ARE DOOMED.

http://www.fftoolbox.comhttp://sports.yaho...f/players/93189

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/93189

http://www.mymockdraft.com/725/PlayerDetail.aspx

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-h...o&type=lgns

Everything I've read about Trent is that he has great mechanics, accuracy, good speed, arm strength, and was the sleeper of the draft. I think that Montana, Hasselbeck, and Brady are about as close as it gets in comparing Trent to established NFL stars.

I am surprised that nobody mentioned Matt Hasselback.

Actually that is who PFW compared him to in their Pre-Draft write-up last year. They had him rated the highest of any of the publications (3rd behind Russell and Quinn) and suggested that he could be a fantastic pro QB in a Mike Martz-type offense.

Like most of you, I see a combination:

Leadership = so so = Aaron Rodgers

QB Smarts = decent = Damon Huard, Matt Schaub

Durability = fine china= Chris Chandler, Trent Green

Personality = none= Bernie Kosar

Personal Smarts = :lol: = Aaron Brooks

Arm strength = lingiuni = The Supermodels that play in the Super Bowl halftime show

Future prospects for success at position= scant = Browning Nagle, Craig Whelihan

Future prospects for success as part of team = ok with help = Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien

Masculinity = fancy= Jeff Garcia

Fashion = In a league of his own = Balcony Fashion. No one can compare.

Overall, there are good and bad factors. Hopefully he can grow into being a slightly below average QB. That is worlds better than Losman wth his "clean up the city" BS. Plenty of teams have won the Super Bowl with pretty horrible QBs so I see no reason why a pretty bad one like Edwards can't win. Plus, the balcony fashion has a chance of reviving the Buffalo economy and keeping the Bills where they belong. I am very pro-Edwards and can't wait to see what happens in 08.

Overall, there are good and bad factors. Hopefully he can grow into being a slightly below average QB. That is worlds better than Losman wth his "clean up the city" BS. Plenty of teams have won the Super Bowl with pretty horrible QBs so I see no reason why a pretty bad one like Edwards can't win. Plus, the balcony fashion has a chance of reviving the Buffalo economy and keeping the Bills where they belong. I am very pro-Edwards and can't wait to see what happens in 08.

I am surprised that you forgot to mention his sister.

Like most of you, I see a combination:

Leadership = so so = Aaron Rodgers

QB Smarts = decent = Damon Huard, Matt Schaub

Durability = fine china= Chris Chandler, Trent Green

Personality = none= Bernie Kosar

Personal Smarts = :blink: = Aaron Brooks

Arm strength = lingiuni = The Supermodels that play in the Super Bowl halftime show

Future prospects for success at position= scant = Browning Nagle, Craig Whelihan

Future prospects for success as part of team = ok with help = Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien

Masculinity = fancy= Jeff Garcia

Fashion = In a league of his own = Balcony Fashion. No one can compare.

:blink: Another well put post crayonz :lol:

... On a real note, I'll go with Hasselbeck. Not a mobile kind of guy, but doesn't get nervous in the pocket whatsoever. Has some nice zip on his passes and if he needs to move, he'll move.

I have never liked JP's short throws. Those can be corrected with PROPER COACHING. Let's hope Trent can learn to find the end zone, or the Bills ARE DOOMED.

So now JP has never been properly coached? Here's YOUR chance, then. What is the problem with JP's short throws and why does he have that problem? Now, how would you PROPERLY coach him to correct what causes the problem?

GO BILLS!!!

So now JP has never been properly coached? Here's YOUR chance, then. What is the problem with JP's short throws and why does he have that problem? Now, how would you PROPERLY coach him to correct what causes the problem?

GO BILLS!!!

Jesus Christ, tell him to aim higher ferchrissakes!

Jesus Christ, tell him to aim higher ferchrissakes!

Christ telling JP to aim higher would be a start but just like all the other bad coaches JP's had, Jesus' advice won't help much, either. Problem isn't the aim but I'm sure FL knows that.

GO BILLS!!!

It's like somone put Montana, Brady and Unitas all in pot, boiled them down, and that dreamy substance that rose to the top was called Trent.

Damn, I forgot Unitas. You one-upped me again. Good call.

Please consider removing brady though...nothing good from him would rise to the top.