Your first concert

My first was Huey Lewis and the News, circa 1987 at the Aud. I was 8 years old and I went with my parents and older sister. I remember really enjoying it, and the best part was that we didn't get home until around midnight, and my mom didn't make me go to school the next day!

My favorite...Too many to count that were all great times...But I'll go with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers / Black Crowes show at Darien Lake a few summers ago- it was a sunny, 80-degree July day, both bands played their asses off, and we had a crew of about 30 friends there. Good times...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first was Huey Lewis and the News, circa 1987 at the Aud. I was 8 years old and I went with my parents and older sister. I remember really enjoying it, and the best part was that we didn't get home until around midnight, and my mom didn't make me go to school the next day!

My favorite...Too many to count that were all great times...But I'll go with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers / Black Crowes show at Darien Lake a few summers ago- it was a sunny, 80-degree July day, both bands played their asses off, and we had a crew of about 30 friends there. Good times...

First concert was Billy Squier with Ratt opening. I believe I was in the 6th or 7th grade at the time and went with my older brother. At the time I was very impressed and had a blast.

My favorite show was Jane's Addiction on their Nothing's Shocking tour. On this tour they played small clubs instead of the normal large venues and the energy that was created by being in such a small venue was just amazing. No other show has ever come close. Of course my friends and I had to camp out for two days to get the tickets as there were only a few hundred available but it was well worth it.

First Concert was on a family vacation in Toronto at Canada's Wonderland when I was 11. I saw Asia at the concert venue in the park.

First real concert in a concert Hall- Van Halen 1984 tour at the Aud when I was 14

Favorite concert- Not easy. I have seen over 100 concert including over 60 Phish shows and 20 Dead shows, but my favorite, was Neal Young and Crazy Horse at the Aud during the first Gulf War. Blew me away.

First was Kiss at the AUD in 1978. My Uncle took me and I've been a fan ever since.

Favorite was probably Metallica in Japan. We were a small group of Americans standing right on the left side of the stage in Hiroshima. The band really played to us and "hung out" near us most of the night since we were basically the only ones that understood them.... 0:)

First - Jethro Tull, War Child tour at the Niagara Falls Convention Center - I was 13. No idea who opened.

Favorite - Wow there are so many... In no particular order

Rush Presto tour - 2nd row center

Kiss at the Rochester War Memorial (1985 or so probably) - front row, elbows resting on stage

Van Halen Women & Children First tour 1981, Dallas

AC/DC Hells Bells tour 1981, Dallas

Live Throwing Copper tour, small club in Buffalo (Icon?) 1995 before the album hit big. Drummer threw sticks into crowd after show, one hit me in the bridge of the nose.

First was Kiss at the AUD in 1978. My Uncle took me and I've been a fan ever since.

Favorite was probably Metallica in Japan. We were a small group of Americans standing right on the left side of the stage in Hiroshima. The band really played to us and "hung out" near us most of the night since we were basically the only ones that understood them.... 0:)

I saw Metallica in Japan as well - Tokyo, May 1998 (last show of the world tour) - it was great! I've seen Metallica about 25 times and I'm used to the crowd knowing all the lyrics to all the songs. In Tokyo was dead quiet except for the Marianne Faithful "Da da da" part of The Memory Remains - that was thunderous because everyone in the crowd could do that part - man, that was funny!

First show was David Bowie at the Aud in 1983 (Serious Moonlight). I also caught the Police there as well. First metal show was Iron Maiden/Twisted Sister at Maple Leaf Gardens in 1984.

Favorite shows (besides Metallica in Japan) - Dio Sacred Heart at the Aud in '85 (stage was a dragon), Clash of the Titans at MSG in 1991 (Alice in Chains, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax and Public Enemy showed up).

At Kleinhans. The Buffalo Philharmonic - free tix until capacity was met, for Bflo. public school system students.

You got the day off to attend if you had tickets to show your teacher - just like the Bison's baseball opener.

I've no recollection what they performed, but learned that a symphony orchestra in full voice shames anything else.

First concert: Rick Springfield. I was 6 or 7, it was my sister's B-day.

Fav concert: That is a tough choice.. I've been to over 100 and usually see 1 per month.. I'd have to say Audioslave at the Avalon in Boston '03. It was one of their first shows as a new band, club atmosphere, electric crowd..

First: Van Halen, Fair Warning tour (1981?) at the Rochester War Memorial. I was in 8th grade and the concert kicked my f'ing ass! I talked about it every day for weeks, until my friends were completely sick of me.

Best: High Sierra Music Festival, with Jerry Garcia Band headlining plus Tower of Power and Bela Fleck opening, at the summit at Squaw Valley (Lake Tahoe). Had to take the tram up the mountain to see the show, although anyone brave enough to walk up (I think the summit is at 8,000 feet) got in for free.

First, America at the Rochester War Memorial, 1976...Eric Carman opened.

Favorite? Springsteen: Dec. 1980 Rochester; July 1985 RFK Stadium; May 1988 Mountain View, CA.

Honorable Mention: John Valby, Penny Arcade, Dec. 1990.

First concert: Rick Springfield. I was 6 or 7, it was my sister's B-day.

Fav concert: That is a tough choice.. I've been to over 100 and usually see 1 per month.. I'd have to say Audioslave at the Avalon in Boston '03. It was one of their first shows as a new band, club atmosphere, electric crowd..

YOU SOB! I couldn't get tix to that. I did see Velvet Revolver at Avalon, which goes down as my favorite show.

First Concert - The first concert at the Marine Midland Arena: Goo Goo Dolls, Barenaked Ladies, 10,000 Maniacs (or Natalie Merchant, not sure) and Ani DiFranco.