Date Time (ET) Location Network

Thu., April 12 8:00 p.m. at Buffalo TSN

Sat., April 14 7:30 p.m. at Buffalo VERSUS, TSN

Mon., April 16 7:30 p.m. at NY Islanders VERSUS, TSN

Wed., April 18 7:30 p.m. at NY Islanders VERSUS, TSN

*Fri., April 20 7:00 p.m. at Buffalo VERSUS, TSN

*Sun., April 22 7:00 p.m. at NY Islanders VERSUS, TSN

*Tue., April 24 TBD at Buffalo TSN

Crud, I was hoping it would start on Wednesday...gotta work Thursday night...looks like I will be up until 4 in the morning watching on tape delay.

Excuse my ingnorance, but when it says the games are on VS/TSN, is the VS. broadcast subject to regional coverage? What I mean is, will the Sabres/Islanders game be on all VS. carriers, througout the US? I haven't seen the Dallas Stars playoff schedule yet, but if they play on Thursday night as well, would we, here in Austin, TX get that game instead? I remember this being an issue the first round last season, when there were more games each night, than there were broadcast outlets. Anyone know?

Crud, I was hoping it would start on Wednesday...gotta work Thursday night...looks like I will be up until 4 in the morning watching on tape delay.

Excuse my ingnorance, but when it says the games are on VS/TSN, is the VS. broadcast subject to regional coverage? What I mean is, will the Sabres/Islanders game be on all VS. carriers, througout the US? I haven't seen the Dallas Stars playoff schedule yet, but if they play on Thursday night as well, would we, here in Austin, TX get that game instead? I remember this being an issue the first round last season, when there were more games each night, than there were broadcast outlets. Anyone know?

The Versus games are televised nationwide. No regional games. So if the Sabres are on Versus, you'll see them coast-to-coast.

Be sure to check Yahoo and Comcast.net to see what games they will be streaming online.

PTR

The Versus games are televised nationwide. No regional games. So if the Sabres are on Versus, you'll see them coast-to-coast.

Be sure to check Yahoo and Comcast.net to see what games they will be streaming online.

PTR

Game 1? 2-6 on VS....sweet

Yes...It makes more sense.

You've never heard the Sabres called the "Bres"? Have you heard Parents referred to as "Rents"? Same thing, and not all that uncommon. I've heard many many people call the Sabres the "'Bres". Come to think of it though, they might just all be friends of mine.

You've never heard the Sabres called the "Bres"? Have you heard Parents referred to as "Rents"? Same thing, and not all that uncommon. I've heard many many people call the Sabres the "'Bres". Come to think of it though, they might just all be friends of mine.

Or, as they say, 'Iends of the 'Ean.

no, not here in WNY.

Yes, actually that's where my friend are who refer to them as the "Bres". Buffalo and WNY.

If your friends don't, maybe you should get that ball rolling... :w00t:

Wow, so much for hearing Rick and Jim. IF the series goes 6 or 7 games, FIVE Vs. games.

To those who asked, MSG will carry all the games in the first two rounds of the playoffs that NBC isn’t airing. That assumes the Sabres advance past the first round. Versus may do some games but wouldn’t have exclusivity. Versus and NBC share the games after the first two rounds, meaning Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz are exiled to radio. Versus will carry between 15 and 20 games in the first round, about the same number in the second round and between six and 12 games in the conference final. It gets the first two games of the Stanley Cup finals, NBC the rest.

http://www.buffalonews.com/214/story/48671.html

To those who asked, MSG will carry all the games in the first two rounds of the playoffs that NBC isn’t airing. That assumes the Sabres advance past the first round. Versus may do some games but wouldn’t have exclusivity. Versus and NBC share the games after the first two rounds, meaning Rick Jeanneret and Jim Lorentz are exiled to radio. Versus will carry between 15 and 20 games in the first round, about the same number in the second round and between six and 12 games in the conference final. It gets the first two games of the Stanley Cup finals, NBC the rest.

Thanks for that.

Yes, actually that's where my friend are who refer to them as the "Bres". Buffalo and WNY.

I have a great idea. Why don't we all refer to them as the...........Sabres. :w00t:

That is interesting and not how things worked during last year's post-season nor this year's regular season. Games 1 & 4 of the Otter series were on OLN and not shown on MSG.

Assuming Pergament is correct, I wonder if the RJ and JL broadcast will only be available in WNY. It doesn't make any sense for Versus to show 5 Sabres games if they know the bulk of their audience will be watching the games on another network.

EDIT: Thanks to Sullim for the correction. OLN and MSG did both show Games 1 & 4 of the Filly series last year. Those in WNY got the RJ/JL feed, those elsewhere got OLN. But, last year, MSG did not broadcast 2nd round games that OLN covered. I will assume the Pergament article is correct and MSG will show Versus games in the 2nd round this year for those of us in WNY and not cut off our RJ fix after the 1st round.

Edited by dave_b

No word as of yet on if comcast.net or yahoo will stream the games online. Is there any hope for such as me, without Center Ice, and no TSN on DirecTV? I will go to the BW3 if I have to...

Looks like you'll get most of round 1 on Versus on DirecTV. It may even be in HD (on channel 95) if we're lucky. :w00t:

CW

That is interesting and not how things worked during last year's post-season nor this year's regular season. Games 1 & 4 of the Otter series were on OLN and not shown on MSG.

Assuming Pergament is correct, I wonder if the RJ and JL broadcast will only be available in WNY. It doesn't make any sense for Versus to show 5 Sabres games if they know the bulk of their audience will be watching the games on another network.

The way the NHL does TV during the first two rounds is similar to what MLB does with Wednesday night baseball. If you're in the local market, you have to view the game on your RSN (except NBC games). Otherwise, you get the national broadcast on Versus.

As an example, do a search for the Campbell hit during the Philly series on YouTube and you'll find a couple that use the MSG feed, and most use the Versus feed.

Looks like you'll get most of round 1 on Versus on DirecTV. It may even be in HD (on channel 95) if we're lucky. :w00t:

CW

Should be HD. I'm guessing TSN will be doing HD for the series.

Oh snap. Beerball will drown when he see's this.

First "Presser"

Then some type of txt messg

And now "Bres"

What the hell is the world coming to? Out of those three sayings, I vote Bres be immediatedly removed from our vocabulary. At least on the east coast. West coast, whatever bhra.

Oh snap. Beerball will drown when he see's this.

First "Presser"

Then some type of txt messg

And now "Bres"

What the hell is the world coming to? Out of those three sayings, I vote Bres be immediatedly removed from our vocabulary. At least on the east coast. West coast, whatever bhra.

Seconded. Double the penalty if you actually attempt to say "'Bres" out loud.

Seconded. Double the penalty if you actually attempt to say "'Bres" out loud.

I just said it TWICE. Sounded good, too. Also said "Swords" and "Foils". Please let me know my penance. :w00t:

I just said it TWICE. Sounded good, too. Also said "Swords" and "Foils". Please let me know my penance. :w00t:

Your penance:

You have to watch two and three line passes resulting in goals. Like I saw on Sunday.

You have to watch a high stick that poked nobody result in a penalty. You have to watch folks milling about the crease with nary a goalie stick whack, or a heavens-to-betsy shove by a defender clearing out an opposing player. Forecheck, backcheck...what's that?

Politically correct hockey, cash register hockey...the Jim Schoenfelds, the Gordie Howes, the Gump Worselys, must be embarrassed..

Your penance:

You have to watch two and three line passes resulting in goals. Like I saw on Sunday.

You have to watch a high stick that poked nobody result in a penalty. You have to watch folks milling about the crease with nary a goalie stick whack, or a heavens-to-betsy shove by a defender clearing out an opposing player. Forecheck, backcheck...what's that?

Politically correct hockey, cash register hockey...the Jim Schoenfelds, the Gordie Howes, the Gump Worselys, must be embarrassed..

:w00t: ?

Have another donut you...

:w00t:

I'm thinkin' Eddie Shack wouldda loved it!