With Willis shipped, Clements freed

is Marv just about down clearing out any less-than-savvy characters left from the TD era?

now dont get me wrong, i dont think there were many character issues with Nate and Takeo really. but Nate was obviously looking out for himself before any team, and Takeo was a TD acquire who ran into some bad luck. but after the way Cinn improved after he left, and the track we are on, doesnt it start to look like bad luck FOLLOWS him?

all this being done now, Takeo being the last of the expunging, it doesnt seem like there is anyone left that we would want to get rid of for any reason. does it?

is Marv just about down clearing out any less-than-savvy characters left from the TD era?

now dont get me wrong, i dont think there were many character issues with Nate and Takeo really. but Nate was obviously looking out for himself before any team, and Takeo was a TD acquire who ran into some bad luck. but after the way Cinn improved after he left, and the track we are on, doesnt it start to look like bad luck FOLLOWS him?

all this being done now, Takeo being the last of the expunging, it doesnt seem like there is anyone left that we would want to get rid of for any reason. does it?

I've been saying it for years, that Rian Lindell is nothing but trouble.

I'd like to improve DT Tim Andersen's roster spot. He's a Donahoe boy.

true, but he has no character issues, and no injuries, and doesnt lack effort. he just lacks talent. so if they want to bring him in and let him fight for a roster spot, then so be it.

i wish they would being someone in that could beat him out for that spot, too.

agreed! With no "older/senior" players left and no siginficant free agents coming up next season, I think the turn over on the roster is pretty much complete for a few years. The jury is still out on '07, it all hinges on the draft now and if we can get some immediate impact guys... but '08 is looking better and better.

WE have a VERY young team and these moves just make us younger and younger. If we have a draft this year like the one we had last year then we'll be in good shape.... imagine two offseasons without any real significant subtractions and a boat load of new draft picks (we already have 8 picks this year - 4 in the top 100 and 8 next year, with 4 more likley in the top 100 again).

I've posted this already but here's a list of '07 free agents: Most of these guys wont even make the team or are pretty insignificant/replaceable if they do...

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ry_cap_page.php (so if they're wrong i'm wrong)

Chris Denney (WR)

Sam Aikin (WR)

Brad Cieslak (TE)

Matt Miller (TE)

Ryan Newfield (TE)

Jason Whittle (OL)

Anthony Hargrove (DE)

Eric Powell (DE)

Jason Jefferson (DT)

Tim Anderson (DT)

Josh Stamer (LB)

Mario Haggen (LB)

Roy Manning (LB)

Jim Leonhard (S)

Chris Denney (WR)

Sam Aikin (WR)

Brad Cieslak (TE)

Matt Miller (TE)

Ryan Newfield (TE)

Jason Whittle (OL)

Anthony Hargrove (DE)

Eric Powell (DE)

Jason Jefferson (DT)

Tim Anderson (DT)

Josh Stamer (LB)

Mario Haggen (LB)

Roy Manning (LB)

Jim Leonhard (S)

Wow!---Take Hargrove off it and over half of that list could be training camp cuts from this year.

However, remember that a lot of next years cap room will be needed for extensions for Evans and Losman.

Wow!---Take Hargrove off it and over half of that list could be training camp cuts from this year.

However, remember that a lot of next years cap room will be needed for extensions for Evans and Losman.

exactly why we are saving money this year with a "cash to cap" based plan.

Very true, but this is still very good. Next year we don't have to worry about re-singing any of our own guys (more or less) and just work on extending some of the "key" players...

Don't forget that Fletcher also lobbied hard for Holcomb to start as late as beginning of last season.

I think Clements was a much more team player than people credit him for.

Do you have any support for that claim?

Perhaps we have a different standard for what constitutes "lobbying hard".

Don't forget that Fletcher also lobbied hard for Holcomb to start as late as beginning of last season.

I think Clements was a much more team player than people credit him for.

All I can say to all the "London Lovers" is look where we ended up in run defense the past two seasons. Changes had to be made. I don't think anyone on this board would have been happy if we gave London the contract that Washington did. Leadership is great if it translates into wins on the field. Enough said.

All I can say to all the "London Lovers" is look where we ended up in run defense the past two seasons. Changes had to be made. I don't think anyone on this board would have been happy if we gave London the contract that Washington did. Leadership is great if it translates into wins on the field. Enough said.

In my view, the problem with the run defense was the guys up front.

In my view, the problem with the run defense was the guys up front.

Thats true too, but the MLB is a major part of the run defence in a Cover 2 defence. He is supposed to be up near the LOS making the hits after the DT's try to make the plays in the backfield. Fletcher wasn't cutting it. Maybe it was due to the DT's not helping, but he obviously showed the guys in charge that he was not the answer, so he was allowed to walk

true, but he has no character issues, and no injuries, and doesnt lack effort. he just lacks talent. so if they want to bring him in and let him fight for a roster spot, then so be it.

i wish they would being someone in that could beat him out for that spot, too.

TA apparently absolutely hates the city of Buffalo, which is a pretty serious character flaw, so ship him out of here.

Chris Denney (WR)

Sam Aikin (WR)

Brad Cieslak (TE)

Matt Miller (TE)

Ryan Newfield (TE)

Jason Whittle (OL)

Anthony Hargrove (DE)

Eric Powell (DE)

Jason Jefferson (DT)

Tim Anderson (DT)

Josh Stamer (LB)

Mario Haggen (LB)

Roy Manning (LB)

Jim Leonhard (S)

of this list id take aiken (special teams) hargrove and leonard for depth other than that 08 looks like a fun year ;)