Single, and living in Buffalo

My wife's friend Mary is on the A&E show. They were trying to get enough people from the Buffalo area to fill up a season's episodes. Her episode was done about 2-3 months ago. This is the premise of the show. IE: Mary has all her friends together (my wife was on this part) and they talk about the local dating scene. The guy does the same. Then the couple has a date and the date is critiqued afterward. And of course to make it interesting, they have people on the show that are, lets say "characters". A&E throws it all together and hopes they are bizarre enough to get you to watch.

I asked my wife of 25 years, "WTF do you know about the dating scene????"

Her response: :(

This sounds like a great idea:

Producers of a new dating show for A&E Television will hold an open call for single men and women Friday, bidding to disprove a report on the “Today” show this week that Buffalo is one of the worst cities in the nation for finding a mate.

Singles should meet outside the cafeteria in City Hall between 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Friday.

Yes, I'm quite sure that rounding up the WNY singles that have absolutely nothing to do and nowhere to be on a Friday afternoon is the best way to show off Buffalo's best and brightest. And the City Hall cafeteria? Almost too romantic.....

How can San Fran be an A+? Maybe only for Fags

The story never said "heterosexual" singles.

Considering homosexuals are not allowed to marry, I do not think it is a coincidence that San Fran has a high percentage of "single" people.

Even if you remove the homosexual aspect, I know of quite a few straight people who have been to SF, and talk about how great a place it is (my wife included).

• 1 year later...

Does open-season on the city of Buffalo EVER stop?!?

Buffalo bashing was played out in the 90s I thought after the Super Bowl runs. Sweet Aunt Maggie, it's like they don't even need to do any research it amounts to, "we gotta have a city to round out the bottom of the list.... hmmm, what's Buffalo doing? Yeah just throw them in there, it'll get some laughs." :)

How can San Fran be an A+? Maybe only for Fags

It's the greatest place ever for single straight men, IMO. Since so many of the men are gay, straight single men are a real commodity. Think man! The more gay men there are, the better the odds for me, with women.

Terrible list? I think it's spot on. But then again I would wouldn't I. Oh so bitter.

Not terrible on whether I agree with it, or not. Terrible in it's construction. It's a list that the editors of Men's Health make, and they attempt to make it look as if there were some actual objective criteria. How the hell do they measure "Chemistry"?

Hey, I don't live in Buffalo and spent a good many years in SF...so I'm not bitter, at all. I just hate crap being passed off as research.

Not terrible on whether I agree with it, or not. Terrible in it's construction. It's a list that the editors of Men's Health make, and they attempt to make it look as if there were some actual objective criteria. How the hell do they measure "Chemistry"?

Hey, I don't live in Buffalo and spent a good many years in SF...so I'm not bitter, at all. I just hate crap being passed off as research.

That bitter line was referring to me. I was accused as being bitter because I think WNY is a depressing place to live.

That bitter line was referring to me. I was accused as being bitter because I think WNY is a depressing place to live.

Ah. I could go back there, and do fine, I think...provided i could find the right employment.

It's the greatest place ever for single straight men, IMO. Since so many of the men are gay, straight single men are a real commodity. Think man! The more gay men there are, the better the odds for me, with women.

Probably the two most important words every placed at the end of a post.

Chicago gets a C and Minny gets an A... WTF... Must not be snow like they claim? Parts around here got over 100 inches this year... Very BFLOesque... No?

What gives? If it isn't snow, what is it?

Viking wimmin vs. Polish wimmin I think.

Chicago gets a C and Minny gets an A... WTF... Must not be snow like they claim? Parts around here got over 100 inches this year... Very BFLOesque... No?

What gives? If it isn't snow, what is it?

The pretty ones left?