Moulds would like to come back

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm

Echoing some other sentiments...

If he has a gallon of gas in the tank, and he won't be a malcontent, I say yes. Might be kinda nice to have a WR who can catch well and is a decent size. 6'2" and 210 makes him bigger than anyone I can think of on our roster at the WR position. I would say the league minimum and no guaranteed spot seems fair. Throw some nice incentives in and lets see what happens.

Oh, and if JP is going to meltdown because someone preferred another QB over him and they come back to the team, then IMO it's best to know now JP can't handle even minimal pressure.

he did a lot of talking about "bleeding red white and blue" and then turned around and complained that he's never had a good QB and threw JP under the bus. he quit on the team. and when it came down to it, he bled green.

the texans colors are red and blue too :devil:

The chemistry crap is total B.S. The only question IMO is what kind of $$ is he looking for? If he's cheap, it's a no-brainer.

I would respectfully disagree with the first part of your statement. I could care less if he's cheap, comes back, and then start's griping to high heaven as he probably wont be worth it. If he can even keep his mouth shut then it's a no-brainer to me.

The only thing that matters in this scenario is whether or not he would help the team. I think he could.

It's only a three year deal, make it very clear that there is no room on this team for bull sh--, and give him a contract laced with incentives.

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Moulds was a valuable part to this teams offense for years. He is not Eric Moulds anymore, but he would be an asset in the red zone that we didn't have last year. Most importantly, it strikes a glaring need off of our draft board this year.

Got this from BB.com, but apparently on a Mississippi radio station, Moulds said he'd like to come back to Buffalo, would like to be the #2 WR, and would like a 3-year deal.

Would you want him back?

I say for the vet minimum, I'd let him compete for a spot.

First of all I don't believe this rumor. Moulds did not like playing with JP and the Bills are not a contender for the SB.

If it is true I would say no way. He is not the Eric Moulds we want to remember. He had poor chemistry with JP and would I could not see him being the type of leader we need ... what has changed?

I will always remember him quiting on us in Miami, he was upset that JP hit Evans for those TD's and he was in the "decoy" role.

1) His big blowup under Mularkey was with his receivers' coach Tyke Tolbert, Tolbert is still here.

2) Moulds was nothing special when Marv coached him. He was considered a bust his 1st 2 seasons under Marv & didn't start playing at a star level until Wade was coach.

3) He was one of the "leaders" who convinced Mularkey to play Holcomb.

Bingo. Moulds and JP do not get along for that reason. Moulds had JP benched; JP iced Moulds when JP made it back to the field. Bad idea to bring back EMoulds.

BTW, no matter how much of a meathead Mularkey may have been, the stunt Moulds pulled with the headphones is inexcusable. Moulds cannot come back.

Its amazing how fast people turn on loyal players. And please spare me the "Moulds said 'this or that' about us or Losman." That whole era he was put through was pathetic and he was justified in saying nearly everything that he said.

Butler wanted Leeland McElroy and Marv talked him into Moulds.

I remember that as well....

Also remember Thurman ordering the pizza on the field for Eric in training camp..... :devil:

I'd love to see #80 back @the Ralph. :ph34r:

In all seriousness, Eric Moulds at 6'2 220-225 lbs = the receiving TE the Bills haven't had since Keith McKellar. He's become a good 10 yard route runner who can square up and hog space, and he's faster than many TEs in the league. Also, he's always been a willing blocker.

Very quick question -- who's more deserving of a roster spot: Moulds or Kevin Everett??

I think his problems came from Meat Head. Actually, every one was pissed on the team that year. And do you blame him? Remember, Marv drafted Eric in 96 and I bet he would like to have him back. I still think he has the talent and I believe he would be a great option for JP and the offense.

If so then why did he refuse to renegotiate with the bills who wanted to restructure his contract....The guy flat out could not work with Losman and he thought Carr was a better QB than Losman