Now that it is a done deal

- Was NEVER the player we saw in college. I respect the fact that he came back from that injury....but the fact his he was NEVER NEVER the same player

- I officially grew tired of seeing him getting up hurt after every 3rd play last year....and I am not talking about the rib thing either....I have NEVER seen a RB get up acting like he had just been hit by a truck and being attended to on the sideline so much in my life.

- He gave new meaning to the word "dance dance revelution" when getting to the hole

I am GLAD to see him gone....I cant believe we got TWO 3rd round picks for him because he wasn't worth it.

Now that its a done deal.................can we get him off the Twobillsdrive.com banner and put JP up there?

Umm, that's Thurman up there.... :lol:

Oh, sorry, I see what you mean now. My bad. :thumbsup:

To borrow a line from Bull Durham: Million dollar talent, ten cent head. I really think that all the talk about Toronto, Babies Mommas, and voluntary minicamps didn't have as much to do with the trade as the mere performance. The proof really was in the pudding. When inspired, he ran like a 3 ton Porsche. But that was only against Vilma. The reports about him picking up his playbook as much as he picked up his math book in college are what killed him. Marv wants guys with football character, no choir boys. It seems like maybe we all knew a little more than we thought when we were saying things like: Willis just doesn't run motivated, or he doesn't seem to have a deep drive for Football. I think Marv and company got a good taste of that.

- Was NEVER the player we saw in college. I respect the fact that he came back from that injury....but the fact his he was NEVER NEVER the same player

- I officially grew tired of seeing him getting up hurt after every 3rd play last year....and I am not talking about the rib thing either....I have NEVER seen a RB get up acting like he had just been hit by a truck and being attended to on the sideline so much in my life.

- He gave new meaning to the word "dance dance revelution" when getting to the hole

I am GLAD to see him gone....I cant believe we got TWO 3rd round picks for him because he wasn't worth it.

I concur that we got a pretty good deal for him...I just have to have faith that we have ulterior motives and didn't just make this on a whim. Our choices now (barring a trade of course), are pretty slim.

he's right, it may be thurman on the boards, but if you go to the homepage www.twobillsdrive.com it's still willis up there

He had is moments (mostly against the Jets) when he looked like a dominant back. He probably could have played that way all the time, but he was too busy thinking about his stature in the league and had no time to learn the play book, work on his blocking, and give 100% every game. He showed up about half the time, and has no idea how to get a fourth and 1 ("I thought it was third down") and has no idea where the endzone is. Good riddance.

I didn't expect WM to be the same player after the injury but I figured that if he could get back to 90% he'd still be better than most of the backs in the NFL.

It makes you wonder though. WM always seemed to be looking to get around the corner. That worked at the U but not in the NFL. When you can get over on speed alone and your O-Line is dominant nearly every week why worry too much about where the hole is? Just look to bounce it outside.

It seems that he is either unwilling or unable to learn an NFL playbook. DJ and ML can't tolerate that from a franchise back.

The Ravens will have to keep it real simple if they expect consistent production.

I predict that he doens't make it through the year with the ravens.....

And I dont think their O line will be near as good as ours will be this upcoming year

Give me a guy who will run hard, pick up blitzes, and can catch any day......I dont care about star/name power

Marshawn Lynch....come to buffalo baby

How is it possible for a guy who doesn't want to be here, never tries, with the worst line in football, who didn't know the plays, and cannot ever see or hit a hole (all things which seems to be universally known to be true here) would have very likely had 1200 yards if he played the entire season. Sign a 30-40 million dollar contract from a smart organization. Under these conditions, Willis is probably the best running back in the league, like he says, if he can manage that kind of production without wanting to play, trying to play, remember the play, or ability to play.

How is it possible for a guy who doesn't want to be here, never tries, with the worst line in football, who didn't know the plays, and cannot ever see or hit a hole (all things which seems to be universally known to be true here) would have very likely had 1200 yards if he played the entire season. Sign a 30-40 million dollar contract from a smart organization. Under these conditions, Willis is probably the best running back in the league, like he says, if he can manage that kind of production without wanting to play, trying to play, remember the play, or ability to play.

Personally, the reason(s) don't concern me. He's an average runner and below average in all other aspects of his game. That type of production is all that matters to me. He's not worth the cash to re-sign him and I'd rather the Bills get something for him now as opposed to nothing next year.

In the end, the Bill's leadership has cast their vote. They want someone else to carry the ball.

You know, now that he's out the door, you're never going to convince anyone that he's a pretty good back (which is what he in fact is). A couple of thirds is a nice reward, however -- two chances to find ourselves the next Curtis Martin/Frank Gore, both of whom are far superior to McGahee.