Sabres...

DC Tom

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you post about 5 times that you couldn't watch or listen to the game and wanted to see footage of the brawl, blah blah blah. Kinda hard to say it's the game of the year when you didn't even see the damn game.

I had no idea it was on MSG until I check the Sabres message board. I caught the game about half way through the third period. I thought it was only on radio or on a station I couldn't get with digital cable.

Honestly, I wish they hadn't done it in "line brawl" fashion (as much as I enjoyed it). It'd have been better to pick them off one at a time.

Normally I'd agree with you as cold calcualted vengeance is usually much more devastating. But in this case I'm glad Ruff lost his temper and sent the whole hit squad out post haste. The Sabres have been having an awful time getting up for a team that they've been dominating for years and Neil's bit of stupidity was exactly the kind of impetus this team needed to get a good hate-on for teh Sens again. I think Lindy turning it into an emotionally driven situation was the right move.

Normally I'd agree with you as cold calcualted vengeance is usually much more devastating. But in this case I'm glad Ruff lost his temper and sent the whole hit squad out post haste. The Sabres have been having an awful time getting up for a team that they've been dominating for years and Neil's bit of stupidity was exactly the kind of impetus this team needed to get a good hate-on for teh Sens again. I think Lindy turning it into an emotionally driven situation was the right move.

I think it'd worked out the same either way. It certainly made for better theater to do it all at once. I'm just concerned about what the NHL's response is going to be with Peters.

Hey NHL, you were number one on SportsCenter. But let's keep trying to leftislate fighting from the game. :)

Van Massenhoven officiated the rest of the game (post fight) with his head up his ass. That was a terrible performance.

Whadya mean the rset of the game? That sob wasn't calling anything. Even when there was a penalty that was right in front of him, the ref that was at the back of the play made the call at least three times that I saw at the arena. And then in ot they both said !@#$ it, we're pulling for Ottawa.

It truly was a ridiculous night from the refs. Even the Drury hit, if they call a penalty for the late hit then this melee probably doesn't happen.

I'm sure the league will be reviewing the game. While their at it they need to be reviewing the refs. Somebody got paid last night. Disgusting display that is worthy of suspenion to at least one of the two douchebags.

Hey NHL, you were number one on SportsCenter. But let's keep trying to leftislate fighting from the game. :lol:

Last season, I didn't get Center Ice until a week or so before Christmas. I think I saw all but one or two games after that. I don't remember but maybe two or three "fights" (all Peters) all of last season. Very few leauge wide. This season has been completely different, across the leauge.

I am not going to say that I want them to take fighting out of the game (last night was pretty damn fun!), but I gotta say, I thought the game, as a whole, was better last season. I love a wide open end to end game. I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come the rest of the way...I swear, when Biron went after Emery, Emery looked like he thought Marty was joking...seeing Peters pound Emery was kind of embarassing...

Didn't you post about 5 times that you couldn't watch or listen to the game and wanted to see footage of the brawl, blah blah blah. Kinda hard to say it's the game of the year when you didn't even see the damn game.

*cough* bandwagon!