McCargo - recovery close to 100%

stevewin

In the video discussing his recovery from his broken foot (the same one he broke in college) McCargo says the following:

"It's corrected - the first time I had the surgery it wasn't corrected...

[this time] they left a screw in to stabilize the bone and the first time they didn't do it"

:thumbsup:

Who was his Dr. the first time - Dr. Spaceman? (that's Spa-che'-man for those who don't watch 30 Rock...)

McCargo BB.com video

In the video discussing his recovery from his broken foot (the same one he broke in college) McCargo says the following:

"It's corrected - the first time I had the surgery it wasn't corrected...

[this time] they left a screw in to stabilize the bone and the first time they didn't do it"

:thumbsup:

Who was his Dr. the first time - Dr. Spaceman? (that's Spa-che'-man for those who don't watch 30 Rock...)

McCargo BB.com video

Amazing. Who's calling the shots here on the medical / physio team here. Someone @%&*-ed up big time.

I remember the interview with the NC State defensive line coach before last years draft.

He said McCargo could beat his linemates(Mario and Manny Lawson) off the line of scrimmage 8 out of 10 times.

Obviously, this explosion into the backfield we were missing in the cover two last year.

Here's hoping McCargo can get the job done this year!

I remember the interview with the NC State defensive line coach before last years draft.

He said McCargo could beat his linemates(Mario and Manny Lawson) off the line of scrimmage 8 out of 10 times.

Obviously, this explosion into the backfield we were missing in the cover two last year.

Here's hoping McCargo can get the job done this year!

An explosive, healthy McCargo alone could shave at least 250 yards off our 2007 total running yards allowed. And that's assuming no other changes to the line.

I believe the first surgery was performed while he was at NC State?

Yep, and it was that doctor who made that decision not the Bills.

Btw, my brother has been dealing with this injury for most of HS and College. They didn't leave the screws in the first time for him either??? :lol: Sure as schit, he broke it again - and he lost his starting job. Now he's got the screws in and just got his position back. :thumbsup: His doc said that they aways try to avoid leaving the screws because they can cause complications later on. Apparently what this doc, and McCargo's doc at NC State, are missing is that this approach can cause complications right now - i.e. breaking it again!

I hope he's as good as people say. I guess we could go after Dwayne Jarrett.

Good teams don't draft positions. They draft the best football player. I don't know if that's Jarrett but people really need to get past the hangup of position. Drafting by position is how you end up with Eric Friggin' Flowers.

or Mike Williams :thumbsup:

Very true, although RTs simply do not go that high.

On the other side of the coin, drafting what a team thinks is the "best player available" could also lead to a Willis MaGahee. I am NOT saying that Willis is bad mind you, but we had a "need" at Guard and Steinbach was there.

Long story short......luck is involved no mqtter which way you go.

Good teams don't draft positions. They draft the best football player. I don't know if that's Jarrett but people really need to get past the hangup of position. Drafting by position is how you end up with Eric Friggin' Flowers.

It's not that simple either. You don't simply draft the best player regardless of position either. It's a combination of player/position. Most teams have several "needs" and successful teams draft the best player on the board from one of those positions or trade down if there isn't value on the board for that team at that pick.

It's not that simple either. You don't simply draft the best player regardless of position either. It's a combination of player/position. Most teams have several "needs" and successful teams draft the best player on the board from one of those positions or trade down if there isn't value on the board for that team at that pick.

To a point, I agree. You're far more likely to end up with a bust if you choose for position rather than ability. As far as trading down goes, that just doesn't happen all that often.

At the end of the day, the draft is a crapshoot and just one facet of how a team is built. Whether or not the BILLS pick a lineman in round one of this draft won't make or break either the team or the draft.

Yep, and it was that doctor who made that decision not the Bills.

Btw, my brother has been dealing with this injury for most of HS and College. They didn't leave the screws in the first time for him either??? :lol: Sure as schit, he broke it again - and he lost his starting job. Now he's got the screws in and just got his position back. :lol: His doc said that they aways try to avoid leaving the screws because they can cause complications later on. Apparently what this doc, and McCargo's doc at NC State, are missing is that this approach can cause complications right now - i.e. breaking it again!

That's really interesting. Do you know if your brother ever felt his foot was 100% (even when it was 'healed') prior to finally getting the screws put in? I wonder if McCargo's foot was actually affecting his play at all up to the point he reinjured it...

That's really interesting. Do you know if your brother ever felt his foot was 100% (even when it was 'healed') prior to finally getting the screws put in? I wonder if McCargo's foot was actually affecting his play at all up to the point he reinjured it...

The problem is he will never actually want to admit what he is feeling if it means that he might not get to play, never mind start. We have all(my sister as well) lied to our parents, especially Mom, and coaches about our injury status at one time or another. So I can't say. I sure as hell know that if he wasn't 100% he wouldn't tell me, or anybody for that matter, for fear that I might spill the beans :lol: Well, he might tell his dopey girlfriend because no one would listen to her anyway. :lol: My guess is that he would go if he felt 60% right because that's pretty much what I did.

As far as it affecting play: the one game I saw him play after the initial injury he looked slower - not tentative - but it looked like it was simply slowing him down(he's a midfielder in lacrosse). He usually dominates in face-offs and it was clear that he wasn't getting the same drive on his clamps - I think he only won 70% which is not normal. So yeah - IMO it was affecting him. Now, with the bolts, he seems to be better. Could be mental too, I guess.

The problem is he will never actually want to admit what he is feeling if it means that he might not get to play, never mind start. We have all(my sister as well) lied to our parents, especially Mom, and coaches about our injury status at one time or another. So I can't say. I sure as hell know that if he wasn't 100% he wouldn't tell me, or anybody for that matter, for fear that I might spill the beans :lol: Well, he might tell his dopey girlfriend because no one would listen to her anyway. :lol: My guess is that he would go if he felt 60% right because that's pretty much what I did.

As far as it affecting play: the one game I saw him play after the initial injury he looked slower - not tentative - but it looked like it was simply slowing him down(he's a midfielder in lacrosse). He usually dominates in face-offs and it was clear that he wasn't getting the same drive on his clamps - I think he only won 70% which is not normal. So yeah - IMO it was affecting him. Now, with the bolts, he seems to be better. Could be mental too, I guess.

Thanks for the anecdotal evidence. I guess it might be a weenie bit early then to definitively put the final nail in McCargo's-a-bust coffin. Of course he wasn't a Pro Bowler his first year, and that is something he'll never live down.

Thanks for the anecdotal evidence. I guess it might be a weenie bit early then to definitively put the final nail in McCargo's-a-bust coffin. Of course he wasn't a Pro Bowler his first year, and that is something he'll never live down.

Umm... I was talking about my brother. As far as McCargo goes - I agree with you - let's wait and see. Reading comprehension is important:)

I guess it might be a weenie bit early then to definitively put the final nail in McCargo's-a-bust coffin. Of course he wasn't a Pro Bowler his first year, and that is something he'll never live down.

I'm not sure the 1st nail was ever put in. So I did a search on McCargo and bust, but didn't find any evidence to support this myth that the tards over at TBD have all jumped on this bandwagon. In fact, I didn't find one. Care to support your tossing that out there as if it were fact, with some specific posts declaring McCargo a bust and to give up on him? If not, then I suggest that posts indicating a desire to build up the DT position might have been made with the thought of being in addition to McCargo being successful - it doesn't need to be an either/or proposition.