Unless Everett steps up, TE should be a priority in the draft.

Tipster19

If the Patriots are going to use their franchise tag on anyone, speculation has them tagging either Asante Samuel or Graham. If they don't use it on Graham, I think he would make a great addition to our current roster. Any input on what our administration's opinion is on Everett?

Stick a fork in Everett, he's done.

Shame too, I was stoked when we drafted him. So much potential but the knee injury was a career killer

Agreed. I'm fairly certain he's fourth on the depth chart at this point. Without some kind of unexpectedly outstanding preseason, I don't see him making next year's roster.

Everett is gone unless he makes big strides throughout this offseason, which is still a possibility. He was basically a rookie last year, and he was a JUCO transfer to Miami, so he came into the NFL very unpolished. Jauron often mentioned something like this when asked why he didnt play much last year.

I don't really like the idea of Daniel Graham. He was more of a blocking tight end in New England, while Ben Watson was more of a receiving threat. He kind of seems like another Robert Royal, maybe the Bills would be better off drafting a tight end on the 2nd day of the draft who can catch instead. A guy a lot of people like is Ben Patrick from Delaware.

I'm pretty happy with the job Royal did, especially in the second half of the season. I think were it not for the play against Tennessee, this wouldn't be an issue right now. A fourth TD would've put him solidly in the top half of the league - and that for a team that didn't really throw too many TD passes. Daniel Graham had one fewer TD catch and four more yards (in four fewer games), so I don't see him as a huge improvement. I'd rather upgrade the second receier position, or fid someone who can catch passes out of the backfield - two areas where we were both poorer compared to the league than in TE production.

If the Patriots are going to use their franchise tag on anyone, speculation has them tagging either Asante Samuel or Graham. If they don't use it on Graham, I think he would make a great addition to our current roster. Any input on what our administration's opinion is on Everett?

I don't quite know how you expect to see Everett prove himself (or not) before the draft?

Jeff

I'm thinking we stick with Royal and spend the free agent money on bigger areas of need. I'm assuming we draft a couple or three linemen with our draft picks. I think I'd be looking for a CB (if clements goes) a WR or a MLB (certainly if Fletcher goes!). TE can wait until we have someone rise to the top in the draft. I don't think anyone is in the pool this year.

Actually, with more two TE sets becoming more popular, Graham would be a great move. Not only is he a great blocking TE, cielslak86 (are you his wife?), he IS a good reciever too, better than Royal, but not one of the rare freaks like Tony G, Gates, and Vernon Davis (those guys are RARE). We would have two of the best blocking TE's in the game ( how's that for unexpected Oline improvement ) while both being legit pass catching threats. I think it would really balance out our offense. Nobodys saying we don't have other needs tennesseeboy ( and nobody besides me and of course BillInNYC are more on the same page as far as linemen go :rolleyes: ), but count me in for going after Daniel Graham. We can hopefully get a guard in free agency and go DT, DE, and another guard in the draft! ;)

I would love to see us pick up Daniel Graham. As for being more of a blocking TE- I strongly disagree in. He was misused in the Pats offense IMO(along with Watson). I remember reading Graham accounted for something like 60% of the offense when he was at Colorado. Graham would be a tremendous pickup for us IMO

I feel the biggest need at this point is a stud guard, but chossing a guard at 12 seems kind of high to me. I like the guy from miami for some reason the name escapes me, i metioned this about a month ago and got negative response, if we could sew up alot of our oline problems and defensive holes via free agency i wouldn't even mind trading down to fifteen or later and drafting the kid, i think he's going to be a good one!

Actually, with more two TE sets becoming more popular, Graham would be a great move. Not only is he a great blocking TE, cielslak86 (are you his wife?), he IS a good reciever too, better than Royal, but not one of the rare freaks like Tony G, Gates, and Vernon Davis (those guys are RARE). We would have two of the best blocking TE's in the game ( how's that for unexpected Oline improvement ) while both being legit pass catching threats. I think it would really balance out our offense. Nobodys saying we don't have other needs tennesseeboy ( and nobody besides me and of course BillInNYC are more on the same page as far as linemen go :sick: ), but count me in for going after Daniel Graham. We can hopefully get a guard in free agency and go DT, DE, and another guard in the draft! :devil:

totally agree with this- the Bills have to help themselves where they can in free agency - to me that is OL DL and TE- I don't like the FA WRs, CB options except keeping Nate, OR LBs too much I'd rather have Spikes, Ellison, and Crowell .

maybe the Bills would be better off drafting a tight end on the 2nd day of the draft who can catch instead. A guy a lot of people like is Ben Patrick from Delaware.

My first thought on reading this post is, Why on earth would a guy named Cieslak86 want the Bills to draft a TE? Then I remembered that my own username is Holcomb's Arm, and I wanted the Bills to draft Cutler. :sick:

totally agree with this- the Bills have to help themselves where they can in free agency - to me that is OL DL and TE- I don't like the FA WRs, CB options except keeping Nate, OR LBs too much I'd rather have Spikes, Ellison, and Crowell .

Since 2001, free agency has brought the Bills the following OL: Trey Teague, Chris Villarrial, Bennie Anderson, Melvin Fowler, Mike Gandy, Tuten Reyes, and probably one or two other guys I'm forgetting. In other words, nobody. If the Bills have the chance to sign a top tier free agent offensive lineman, they should embrace it. But I don't want this team to sign some reject to a four year, $10 million deal, and pretend he'll be a long-term answer as a starter. Guys like that are cheap for a reason, and it isn't because their former teams still want them.

My favorite way to address the offensive line is through the draft.

The only problem is the 12th spot doesn't warrant an Olineman and Marv is scarred to trade down for some reason. We need to get Steinbach, Davis, or Deilman and I'll be convinced we are serious about being a solid team, not one where at the end of the year we're are like "Oh yeah, if we sign 4-5 Pro Bowlers in free agency and have the best draft in team history we'll be awesome!". If we bet a permeir Olineman in free agency (there are only about 3 but we got the cash ) I would prfer the top rated DT or DE at our first pick, with Levi Brown or Justin Blaylock as the fall-back plan if the top 2 DE's AND DT's are gone. At least one of our lines would then have a chance to be dominant.

I'm all about Daniel Graham. With him and Royal, we would have 2 of the best blocking TEs in football. That's an instant o-line improvement for a fairly reasonable price. Additionally, Graham had 7 tds a few years ago so he could be that big wr/ red zone target we've all wanted. Get it done, Marv. :(