Senior Bowl

Frez

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not watching much college ball, I get most of my knowledge of college players and potential draft picks from this site.

With that in mind, I've watched most of the Senior Bowl and I must say, if this Okoye kid is available at #12, we better pick him. Size or not, he just seems to know what to do out there. I know its based on 1 game, but taken in context with what others here have said, I think it's just a no brainer. He's a good player and its a position of need for us.

Brian Leonard is a "pure" football player. I'd like to see him beef up just a bit and play TE. Brian's heart says he wants to play RB in the NFL but I'd bet he play any position asked of him. He's going to make some team really happy when he steps on the NFL field and plays his heart out.

He's a good kid. :rolleyes:

Not watching much college ball, I get most of my knowledge of college players and potential draft picks from this site.

With that in mind, I've watched most of the Senior Bowl and I must say, if this Okoye kid is available at #12, we better pick him. Size or not, he just seems to know what to do out there. I know its based on 1 game, but taken in context with what others here have said, I think it's just a no brainer. He's a good player and its a position of need for us.

Okoye is who I want the Bills to draft all along. I have a feeling he has a monster combine and shoots up draft boards. I pray he is available at #12 and I pray even harder Levy does not reach ie Donte Whitner

One of the few nice things about living in Princeton is that I've had a chance to see Leonard a few games this year and he reminds me a lot of Moose Johnson from 'Cuse.

The Bills could do a lot worse than picking him up in the 2nd. He's not fast, but he's dedicated and the term "throwback" comes to mind.

But fugettaboutit. Marv's going to pick a punter in the 2nd round.

One of the few nice things about living in Princeton is that I've had a chance to see Leonard a few games this year and he reminds me a lot of Moose Johnson from 'Cuse.

The Bills could do a lot worse than picking him up in the 2nd. He's not fast, but he's dedicated and the term "throwback" comes to mind.

But fugettaboutit. Marv's going to pick a punter in the 2nd round.

He grew up and his family is located about 30 miles from me. I just hope he doesn't end up on another team in the AFC East besides the Buffalo Bills. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling he has a monster combine and shoots up draft boards.

It's tough to project him at his sub 290 weight. It seems there should only be about 4 or 5 teams in the league who might covet a DT his size enough to spend a #1 on him.

Brian Leonard is a "pure" football player. I'd like to see him beef up just a bit and play TE. Brian's heart says he wants to play RB in the NFL but I'd bet he play any position asked of him. He's going to make some team really happy when he steps on the NFL field and plays his heart out.

He's a good kid. :rolleyes:

Is this your opinion or this what your super secret "inside sources tell you". :thumbsup::lol:B-)

Looks like Patrick Willis brought his stock up to me...

"Patrick Willis of Ole Miss lead all defenders with 11 tackles and was named the South's defensive player of the game."

Well he got pounded on his ass by Josh Beekman on Tony Hunt's first TD. Don't watch the clip "1st Quarter Team 'North's Tony Hunt runs 7 yards for a touchdown.' " Willis getting knocked like a basketball is featured on the replay of that run in the full "1st Quarter 'First Quarter Highlights.' "

It's tough to project him at his sub 290 weight. It seems there should only be about 4 or 5 teams in the league who might covet a DT his size enough to spend a #1 on him.

Trouble is, one of those is Tampa Bay, and Gruden supposedly loves the guy. Would he take Okoye in the top 5, though? Or maybe try to trade down a couple spots (but still stay ahead of us)?

Lots to talk about for the next couple of months...

I seriously wouldn't worry about Okoye being available at 12. He's a fine player but he isn't some sort of freak human being that everyone is going to be jumping all over to take in the top 10. Compare his body to Alan Branch's for example, and I'm not saying that Branch will be the better player, but for draft projecting purposes, the monster/freak is usually going to be way more coveted than the normal-sized player. Okoye will very likely be there at 12.