24 Season Six Discussion Thread

I don't really think this year is any more over the top than any other season. The only problem is, they are rehashing a lot of stuff from past seasons which make it seem that way. Nukes, attempts on the President's life, killing ex Presidents, breaking into an Embassy.....The only major issue I have with this show was the killing off of some many major characters last season. Folks develop a vested interest in peripheral characters and they help keep the show rolling. The duds and whiners working at CTU now is almost mind numbing. Maybe Jack can go down to South America and make a clone of Tony if he every gets a day off.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I see your point!

Here's the Cliff Notes Version for you then of my Original Post:

IMO

1) Season Six is Not as Good as Season Five so far

Why? Because the unrealisticness that has always been part of why the show is so great is taken too far in Season Six.

2) I still really love this show, though, nonetheless

Why? Because I do.

Now, let's take a look at your response:

Pop Quiz: where in the above cliff notes version did I say anyone claimed that the show is not farfetched or did I claim that the show wasn't farfetched at any point of its existence?

Refer back to point 1 of Cliff Notes of Original Post. Your point that its been unrealistic from the start is something I acknowledged straight away in my original post. How can you repeating something that I said be considered a "response" to my post?

See Point 2 of Cliff Notes of Original Post. Your point that I have to accept the show for what it is in order to enjoy it is something I acknowledged straight way in my original post. How can you repeating something that I said be considered a "response" to my post?

I hope this short Cliff Notes/Analysis has been helpful for your reading comprhension and semantic response skills. I am always glad to help out if I can. :(

I agree to a point with your attempt at a whimsical rebuttal. I guess I was mostly responding to the part of your post in which you were whining like a little girl that they were able to sneak a bomb into the presidential bunker. IMHO this statement is claiming the show is too farfetched (see CN 2). You could go back to many instances through the shows existence and find similar outrageousness. Kind of like the movies where the villain catches the hero, but instead of killing him, he ties him up and explains his master plan. The hero then escapes and saves the day! Far fetched? Yes. Enjoyable? Fo sho......

Here is my version of Cliff Notes or should I say Man Laws for future posts:

1. If you truly enjoy the show, do not whine when something outrageous happens!!

2. Don't throw 25 cent words around on this board trying to seem so much more edjumacated than everyone else, it only makes you look pathetic (this also includes bragging about PhD's or job status).

3. Don't use more than 2 smiley icons in a post....2 is pushing the limits...

4. Don't post Cliff Note versions of previous posts! If you have to, your posts are way too long and your just wasting space saying the same thing twice.

Hope this helps....

Until next week....Sick'em Jack....

I agree to a point with your attempt at a whimsical rebuttal.

Ok.

I guess I was mostly responding to the part of your post in which you were whining like a little girl that they were able to sneak a bomb into the presidential bunker. IMHO this statement is claiming the show is too farfetched (see CN 2). You could go back to many instances through the shows existence and find similar outrageousness. Kind of like the movies where the villain catches the hero, but instead of killing him, he ties him up and explains his master plan. The hero then escapes and saves the day! Far fetched? Yes. Enjoyable? Fo sho......

You think "Farfetched" and "Not Farfetched". I think there are levels of farfetchedness, some more unrealistic than others. This is the context of my post that you still do not seem to understand. I was never asking you to agree with me, just not to twist my words out of context. I'm anal that way......no no....I'm a whiny little girl that way!

Here is my version of Cliff Notes or should I say Man Laws for future posts:

1. If you truly enjoy the show, do not whine when something outrageous happens!!

If you truly want to respond to someone's post, have a care to grasp what they're saying before you respond to it!

2. Don't throw 25 cent words around on this board trying to seem so much more edjumacated than everyone else, it only makes you look pathetic (this also includes bragging about PhD's or job status).

I use the words that seem appropriate for what I'm trying to say. If you have a problem with that, that is your problem and reflects on you, not me. I do not care one whit about what you or anyone else thinks about my use of BIG SCARY WORDS LOL!

3. Don't use more than 2 smiley icons in a post....2 is pushing the limits...

:lol::(:P

4. Don't post Cliff Note versions of previous posts! If you have to, your posts are way too long and your just wasting space saying the same thing twice.

Don't take me out context and I won't feel the need to post cliff notes so that you can understand what I said in the original post. You acknowledge this in the first line of your last post anyway, so I guess we won't be in this situation again. That's simple.

Hope this helps....

Until next week....Sick'em Jack....

yes, enough of this.... i think jack's gonna have to put on his superman cape to catch those drones! :unsure:

/obnoxious thread hijacking spat

Looks like the new VP has bloodlust.

What a great addition to the show...Powers Booth is a baaaaaad man!

I love when there's a mole in CTU....the nadia thing went down to easily...it's not her. Besides, she's way too hot.

BTW, I don't know if it was a replay or what, but I was watching an FA cup game between Chelsea and Tottenham earlier this evening, and Shevchenko hit one of the most amazing goals I've seen in a while....it was very Totti-esque! :devil:

THIS IS IT. This upcoming episode is the episode when I think the president dies. The country will be in chaos.

i don't think he's gonna die. they'll revive him long enough to halt the launch then he'll code blue and they'll leave that storyline hanging for next season

I think the whole "we have to wake up the president so he can stop the launch but if we do he might die!!!" storyline is pretty forced and lame - I hope they get that over with quickly next week and don't drag out that 'drama'.

I'm glad Audrey is dead to be honest - for me she sucked the life out of the show every time she was on screen. I was thinking too there might be a chance she is still alive - there was a pause when Jack looked at one of the photos as if something was wrong. It was good as always to see Jack get pissed again and want to extract some Bauer-size revenge. They left the opening now of Jack going to China to kick some ass - I was thinking this might not be the set-up for the next season - but maybe for a 24 movie.

I think Ricky Schroeder is really mis-cast. I hope Jack gets put in a situation soon to have to make a decision to off Ricky to keep some terrorist they need alive or something. Maybe Ricky will get put in a situation where he chooses to give his life for the country - and redeems himself from being just a vanilla a-hole.

This probably doesn't sound right - but it was nice to see Nadia tied up all sweaty with her jacket finally off :devil:

I missed it last night. Wife monopolized the TV. What happened??

The evil vice president decided that even though a nuclear bomb did not go off as it was supposed to, he was still going to nuke "Fayed's country".

Jack played flight simulator and Nadia was accussed of being mole #158145487874840.

I think the whole "we have to wake up the president so he can stop the launch but if we do he might die!!!" storyline is pretty forced and lame - I hope they get that over with quickly next week and don't drag out that 'drama'.

what i don't understand about that storyline is, so what if they revive Palmer long enough to halt the strikes. Once he dies or slips back into a coma Powers Booth becomes President again anyway

This probably doesn't sound right - but it was nice to see Nadia tied up all sweaty with her jacket finally off :censored:

Totally agree :unsure:

How come if Jack grabs a fellow CTU agent, who may or may not be guilty, by the throat nobody thinks anything of it. But if Silver Spoons does it, he is a sadistic f-ck who gets off on hurting people?

How come if Jack grabs a fellow CTU agent, who may or may not be guilty, by the throat nobody thinks anything of it. But if Silver Spoons does it, he is a sadistic f-ck who gets off on hurting people?

Because he's Jack Bauer and the other guy is a Silver Spoons.

Silly question if I may say so myself.

Because he's Jack Bauer and the other guy is a Silver Spoons.

Silly question if I may say so myself.

Chuck Norris agrees....

Why does Fayed *need* Gredenko and his toy planes to 'deliver' the bombs. Wouldn't it have been a lot easier to just put it in a car and drive it right into downtown SF or any other city?