24 Season Six Discussion Thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I even let out the obligitory "ah :wallbash:' when they start putting the clock up at the bottom of the screen near the end of the show. Heaven forbid TiVo misses "scenes from next week's all new 24.' My wife is the same way with it. I work with a bunch of computer guys and a good number of them are anti-24 because some of the technical jargon isn't dead on. Who cares? They're missing a hell of a show. Turn off the geek switch for an hour a week!

- Jeff

That and the fact that the show is completely unbelievable. That said, I've never missed an episode. Mostly because I can't wait to see who Jack is going to kill next.

That and the fact that the show is completely unbelievable. That said, I've never missed an episode. Mostly because I can't wait to see who Jack is going to kill next.

Believe it or not, I actually watched the show for the first time last week.

I'm kicking myself for not watching it sooner.

I had a good laugh at the people bashing the show this part week for it's "fear mongering" and the way it portrays Muslims. Keith Olbermann did a whole segment on it and said the show was "naked brainwashing." All the people upset this year didn't care last year when the main villian turned out to be the POTUS, actually behind attacks on his own country. And I see this year they waited until hour #5 to show that while Muslims are the guys who exploded the suitcase nuke, they were helped and supported by a bunch of greedy old white guys.

The show is stupid fun. My favorite moment all time is when Jack Bauer snapped that dude's neck by putting him in a headlock and running up a wall at the end of season 2. I don't need this show to be realistic at all. For me, the best case scenario is that the main villian this season turns out to be Predator (from the movie Predator). And if Jack has to hijack a spaceship to go fight Predator in space, I'm sure he'll find one in the next few hours....

Nah. The best one was when he killed the dude in the conference room, then cut his head off and put it in the duffle bag because he needed it for street cred. That was wicked.

I started watching it from the beginning, for two reasons:

1. The Premise sounded cool (an entire day in real time).

2. Keifer Sutherland is one cool fugger. Dude is a drinker, smoker, cusser, etc. Pretty much the anti-Hollywood regular guy.

Now I just stick around to see how many twisted ways he kills people without predjudice. Excellence of execution, if you will.

I don't think I'd start with season six. You have to start at the beginning to see the evolution and the fact that Jack Bauer has killed more people than smallpox.

So Graem's a little wimp. One session of the bag over his head and he starts spilling everything Jack wants to know.

Well, no. Dr. Romano was still playing Keifer. That's how badass the whole Bauer family apparently is (except for Kim, who's just eye candy, and who is currently being drilled by her shrink somewhere. )

It's better on DVD, man....I'm actually glad that this is the first season I've watched week to week. When it's on DVD, and you have the time, you can just get all caught up in it like you're on a high and ride it until it's over....and then just when you've had a few minutes to recover, you start wanting to see the next set of DVDs :wallbash: I was okay when this season started cause they did four hours in two days, which was JUST enough....but this one episode per week stuff is awful.

I started watching it from the beginning, for two reasons:

1. The Premise sounded cool (an entire day in real time).

2. Keifer Sutherland is one cool fugger. Dude is a drinker, smoker, cusser, etc. Pretty much the anti-Hollywood regular guy.

Now I just stick around to see how many twisted ways he kills people without predjudice. Excellence of execution, if you will.

I don't think I'd start with season six. You have to start at the beginning to see the evolution and the fact that Jack Bauer has killed more people than smallpox.

You'd think the dude would want to bulk up being a superhero and all. He came and eat at a restaurant where my cousin is a waiter and he ate 3 shrimp, a piece of bread and a potato.

So I guess there is one less bleeding heart liberal in the white house.

I personally thought this was one of the worst episodes ever. I kept waiting for all the stupid preaching to end and to see Jack scream at someone and kick someone's ass

I personally thought this was one of the worst episodes ever. I kept waiting for all the stupid preaching to end and to see Jack scream at someone and kick someone's ass

I personally think Karen Hayes had no balls. Walks away after a simple threat. She should have just told Wayne Palmer what had transpired. Nigga please.

Nah. The best one was when he killed the dude in the conference room, then cut his head off and put it in the duffle bag because he needed it for street cred. That was wicked.

right after that he says "I'm gonna need a hack saw" so he can cut the head off.

True story: Flashback to 2001, six months before I met my future wife and a couple of months before 24 aired. She and her best friend were out in downtown Toronto and met Keifer. He was in town for some type of promotion and was out clubbing. Keifer took a liking to my future wife and her friend and hung out with them that night. The next night he sent a limo to their place to pick them up and they went out again. My wife claims neither of them banged him but I don't buy it. She has a ton of pictures of them out and about in downdown Toronto, I laugh every time I look at them now. There is my wife hanging out with Jack Bauer.

True story: Flashback to 2001, six months before I met my future wife and a couple of months before 24 aired. She and her best friend were out in downtown Toronto and met Keifer. He was in town for some type of promotion and was out clubbing. Keifer took a liking to my future wife and her friend and hung out with them that night. The next night he sent a limo to their place to pick them up and they went out again. My wife claims neither of them banged him but I don't buy it. She has a ton of pictures of them out and about in downdown Toronto, I laugh every time I look at them now. There is my wife hanging out with Jack Bauer.

I hope you aren't running any evil world domination plots out of your home. And you might want to check if your kids are actually yours. If their first words were "DAMMIT!" you might be in trouble.