24 Season Six Discussion Thread

- How many times will we be shown that, yes, torture always works?

I was watching something last week that claimed 24 was a right wing television show and Jack's liberal use of torture is giving GW Bush free reign to torture terror suspects

I found that guy as believable as Chloe hacking an NSA satellite in a matter of seconds to provide real time video to CTU

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, he's the man in the high tower, directing all the pawns. he and bauer are going to tangle for sure. also now that i think about it, maybe curtis is dead, but they don't confirm it at the end of the show, we just see him lying there, right?

i guess we'll find out for sure monday.

Didn't see him tonight, but noticed they also didn't give him the "silent count" last week. One would think Curtis would've gotten the famous silent count.

Didn't see him tonight, but noticed they also didn't give him the "silent count" last week. One would think Curtis would've gotten the famous silent count.

C'mon, they didn't even give Tony a silent count. Surely he deserved one more than Curtis did.

Jump the shark.

His brother is a terrorist?

Is Jack the father of the kid?

etc...

Dude, they have to develop plot lines from somewhere, and there are lots of directions they can go from here. Clearly, there's a romantic history between Jack and weasel-boy's wife, and the kid is Jack's spitting image. I'm very interested to see how this develops.

As an aside, isn't weasel-boy's wife also the wife of the character in Heroes (the one in a wheelchair)?

I was watching something last week that claimed 24 was a right wing television show and Jack's liberal use of torture is giving GW Bush free reign to torture terror suspects

I found that guy as believable as Chloe hacking an NSA satellite in a matter of seconds to provide real time video to CTU

Indeed. It's a television show and nothing more. Besides, as I was remarking to my wife this morning, accepting the show's premises means you're accepting that there is this small group of powerful people more interested in money and power than in life itself, even on a day where a nuclear bomb exploded a few miles from them. And that this group even controlled the President. Which is pretty much a left-wing conception.

Indeed. It's a television show and nothing more. Besides, as I was remarking to my wife this morning, accepting the show's premises means you're accepting that there is this small group of powerful people more interested in money and power than in life itself, even on a day where a nuclear bomb exploded a few miles from them. And that this group even controlled the President. Which is pretty much a left-wing conception.

I had a good laugh at the people bashing the show this part week for it's "fear mongering" and the way it portrays Muslims. Keith Olbermann did a whole segment on it and said the show was "naked brainwashing." All the people upset this year didn't care last year when the main villian turned out to be the POTUS, actually behind attacks on his own country. And I see this year they waited until hour #5 to show that while Muslims are the guys who exploded the suitcase nuke, they were helped and supported by a bunch of greedy old white guys.

The show is stupid fun. My favorite moment all time is when Jack Bauer snapped that dude's neck by putting him in a headlock and running up a wall at the end of season 2. I don't need this show to be realistic at all. For me, the best case scenario is that the main villian this season turns out to be Predator (from the movie Predator). And if Jack has to hijack a spaceship to go fight Predator in space, I'm sure he'll find one in the next few hours....

I had a good laugh at the people bashing the show this part week for it's "fear mongering" and the way it portrays Muslims. Keith Olbermann did a whole segment on it and said the show was "naked brainwashing." All the people upset this year didn't care last year when the main villian turned out to be the POTUS, actually behind attacks on his own country. And I see this year they waited until hour #5 to show that while Muslims are the guys who exploded the suitcase nuke, they were helped and supported by a bunch of greedy old white guys.

The show is stupid fun. My favorite moment all time is when Jack Bauer snapped that dude's neck by putting him in a headlock and running up a wall at the end of season 2. I don't need this show to be realistic at all. For me, the best case scenario is that the main villian this season turns out to be Predator (from the movie Predator). And if Jack has to hijack a spaceship to go fight Predator in space, I'm sure he'll find one in the next few hours....

You should definitely suggest that to the writers :(

I completely agree. Good post. If anything this year, they are going out of there way to show that stereotyping a whole ethnic/religious group based upon the action of a very slender splinter minority, with the dude in the detainment camp and the president's sister etc. hardly straight muslim hate propaganda, especially, like you said, when it turns out that a bald white dude is behind everything anyway....

For me, the best case scenario is that the main villian this season turns out to be Predator (from the movie Predator). And if Jack has to hijack a spaceship to go fight Predator in space, I'm sure he'll find one in the next few hours....

Then he'll get captured by Predator and saved at the last minute by a robot sent from the future to protect Jack so he can stop the real terrorist...Skynet

Too much? Nah, remember last season when Jack killed Robocop?