24 Season Six Discussion Thread

It's no more unbelievable than The Young and the Restless or any of those whackjob daytime jobs. That said, I don't mind the sensationalism at all, I get a kick out of pointing it out and still enjoy the show.

Exactly...I"m the same way, and I think that just comes with the territory in terms of enjoying the show.

BTW, I think Jean Smart (Martha Logan) was looking damn hot last night.... :pirate:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I again thought this episode was pretty middling. The VP is totally irrational. They are wasting Karen Hayes' character. It sucked that Jack's dad disappeared from the storyline. What about the President's sister? Booring, let's move on. They are dropping storylines left and right and making up new ones like crazy. Why exactly will the Russian President want to listen to the deposed President's wife and on a dime allow the invasion of the Consulate and killing of 20 staffers? Not enough Jack in this one either. I am going to take a shot in the dark and say they are going to look at replacing Jack w/ ol' Silver Spoons.

My favorite though: "I don't know what I'd do without that man's produce!" The soap-opera acting has now steered this show clearly into soap opera territory. "24" needs to step up its bad-ass quotient fast. Hopefully Ricky Schroeder is actually capable of that. Sure seems like they're trying to make his character an ****.

JSP, I didn't mind RS one bit in NYPD Blue. Him or Gosselaar, even, thought they fit right in. In the right context I think some of these guys can do alright.

"24" needs to step up its bad-ass quotient fast.

I had a similar thought during the show...I thought it would have been great if Jack had had his way with that Russian beyotch the minute that her husband went to get the sat phone. Either that or go back and bang the hell out of his brother's wife...she could just a good Bauer bangin'

He's not dead yet

And Palmer hasn't recovered yet

My guess is in a couple episodes Palmer will take a turn for the worse and will need some kind of transplant. He'll have some kind of rare blood type that Logan also has

One problem, Palmer is in DC and Logan's corpse is in LA.

I had a similar thought during the show...I thought it would have been great if Jack had had his way with that Russian beyotch the minute that her husband went to get the sat phone. Either that or go back and bang the hell out of his brother's wife...she could just a good Bauer bangin'

He's running out of time to make a booty call.

He's running out of time to make a booty call.

DAmn well is....that's why I figured that russian piece of arse was perfect! :thumbdown:

These last 2 episodes pissed me off. Jack is a professional bad ass. There's no way he'd have walked toward that door after finishing his interrogation. He'd have kept that perp between him and the bad guys and made his call to CTU.

I've suspended my reality to keep watching this show but this is ridiculous.

These last 2 episodes pissed me off. Jack is a professional bad ass. There's no way he'd have walked toward that door after finishing his interrogation. He'd have kept that perp between him and the bad guys and made his call to CTU.

I've suspended my reality to keep watching this show but this is ridiculous.

This season he's bringing down his guard. I guess shooting your friend, finding out your dad and brother are terrorists as well as spending the last 18 months in a Chinese prison will wear down a guy. But he did fantastically disarm the Russian guy with a belt. lol

...I am going to take a shot in the dark and say they are going to look at replacing Jack w/ ol' Silver Spoons.

Curtis took his job while he was in the Chinese prison camp and Jack made quick work of him...Ricky won't make it past the 12th hour.

Yeah, but even though it's gotten much more out of hand, it was still a HUGE element of the show six years ago. To me, it's like saying "well, klingons were one thing, but now that the BORG has shown up, this is just getting ridiculous!" I just feel it's pretty much to be expected that a show requiring us to suspend our disbelief is going to sooner or later really get crazy....it's got to go SOMEWHERE, right?

Yes, but I think this season sacrifices plotting and character development a little bit in a concerted effort to top the over-the-topness that the show has generally employed as a natural part of the show. In the past, the over-the-topness was subordinate to the pacing, plotting, and character development, imo, and i think that his year they are much more conscious of having to "one up" past seasons and to me it shows. I still enjoy the shite out of this show so really this is not a criticism as much as it is an observation. There is difference, imo, between it being season six and the show has to go SOMEWHERE and just going over-the-top as a i kind of cop-out for it having to go SOMEWHERE. SOMEWHERE does not mean BRING IN THE BORG!

I mean: how EASY was it for them to plant a bomb in the NUCLEAR FALLOUT BUNKER of the WHITE HOUSE? *Oh, don't mind me, i'm just standing at the podium, gonna place this here tape recorder underneath the podium, making sure no one's looking of course, it's not that there's eighteen secret service agents in the room and not like they have cameras trained all over the place, and oh yeah, don't mind this 'consultant' i'm bringing in, let's just look at his brief case with a good once over lol, and i guess no one ever goes in to the huge inner boiler room in the middle of the bunker where the assasins hide to construct a bomb and interrogate the chief of staff*

There is a point where an event such as this becomes so absurd that if interferes with the quality of the show, imo, as in: i think this season is not as good as last season because of these reasons.

I'm sorry if this shatters anyone's little 24 fantasy bubble because that's not my intent. This is all just my opinion, of course. I guess I am such a fan of the show that I think it needs a little tough love every now and then to get back on track. And actually, the last couple episodes have been great imo and now i think we're headed into a great home stretch....

Yes, but I think this season sacrifices plotting and character development a little bit in a concerted effort to top the over-the-topness that the show has generally employed as a natural part of the show. In the past, the over-the-topness was subordinate to the pacing, plotting, and character development, imo, and i think that his year they are much more conscious of having to "one up" past seasons and to me it shows. I still enjoy the shite out of this show so really this is not a criticism as much as it is an observation. There is difference, imo, between it being season six and the show has to go SOMEWHERE and just going over-the-top as a i kind of cop-out for it having to go SOMEWHERE. SOMEWHERE does not mean BRING IN THE BORG!

I mean: how EASY was it for them to plant a bomb in the NUCLEAR FALLOUT BUNKER of the WHITE HOUSE? *Oh, don't mind me, i'm just standing at the podium, gonna place this here tape recorder underneath the podium, making sure no one's looking of course, it's not that there's eighteen secret service agents in the room and not like they have cameras trained all over the place, and oh yeah, don't mind this 'consultant' i'm bringing in, let's just look at his brief case with a good once over lol, and i guess no one ever goes in to the huge inner boiler room in the middle of the bunker where the assasins hide to construct a bomb and interrogate the chief of staff*

There is a point where an event such as this becomes so absurd that if interferes with the quality of the show, imo, as in: i think this season is not as good as last season because of these reasons.

I'm sorry if this shatters anyone's little 24 fantasy bubble because that's not my intent. This is all just my opinion, of course. I guess I am such a fan of the show that I think it needs a little tough love every now and then to get back on track. And actually, the last couple episodes have been great imo and now i think we're headed into a great home stretch....

Whoa dude...Take a step back from the ledge!! Of course the show is far fetched, I don't think anyone has ever said any different. It's not like this is the first year that impossible or implausible things have happened, it's been that way from the start. You have to accept the show for what it is if you want to enjoy it, this is not a reality show....

Whoa dude...Take a step back from the ledge!! Of course the show is far fetched, I don't think anyone has ever said any different. It's not like this is the first year that impossible or implausible things have happened, it's been that way from the start. You have to accept the show for what it is if you want to enjoy it, this is not a reality show....

lmao

So wait, you're saying that a show where two nukes have gone off in America over 4-8 years, where three presidents were nearly assassinated (left near death) within those same 4-8 years, and where 2 ex-presidents were assassinated within 2 years.. that show is not realisitc? :wallbash:

I love when people do not read something because they see *LONG POST* and then spit back a generic WTF CHILL DUDE response because they think that covers it. :wallbash::D:P;):beer::wallbash::beer::wallbash:

So wait, you're saying that a show where two nukes have gone off in America over 4-8 years, where three presidents were nearly assassinated (left near death) within those same 4-8 years, and where 2 ex-presidents were assassinated within 2 years.. that shows is not realisitc? :wallbash:

I know can you believe it.....

I love when people do not read something because they see *LONG POST* and then spit back a generic WTF CHILL DUDE response because they think that covers it. :wallbash::D:P;):beer::wallbash::beer::wallbash:

Read it an responded to it, jumped around like one a Pyrite Gals rants...

Read it an responded to it, jumped around like one a Pyrite Gals rants...

:lol: I see your point!

Here's the Cliff Notes Version for you then of my Original Post:

IMO

1) Season Six is Not as Good as Season Five so far

Why? Because the unrealisticness that has always been part of why the show is so great is taken too far in Season Six.

2) I still really love this show, though, nonetheless

Why? Because I do.

Now, let's take a look at your response:

Whoa dude...Take a step back from the ledge!! Of course the show is far fetched, I don't think anyone has ever said any different.

Pop Quiz: where in the above cliff notes version did I say anyone claimed that the show is not farfetched or did I claim that the show wasn't farfetched at any point of its existence?

It's not like this is the first year that impossible or implausible things have happened, it's been that way from the start.

Refer back to point 1 of Cliff Notes of Original Post. Your point that its been unrealistic from the start is something I acknowledged straight away in my original post. How can you repeating something that I said be considered a "response" to my post?

You have to accept the show for what it is if you want to enjoy it, this is not a reality show....

See Point 2 of Cliff Notes of Original Post. Your point that I have to accept the show for what it is in order to enjoy it is something I acknowledged straight way in my original post. How can you repeating something that I said be considered a "response" to my post?

I hope this short Cliff Notes/Analysis has been helpful for your reading comprhension and semantic response skills. I am always glad to help out if I can. :(