24 Season Six Discussion Thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My how TSW general opinion has changed in the last few pages of this thread.

Someone must have been on to something :beer:

I was, and am, right there with you. I seem to feel this way towards the end of every season. Bamboozled. But then I watch the excellent four hour premiere the next season and I'm hooked again. Not 'riveted,' but hooked like a fish. Fooled every time into thinking the rest of the season might be as good.

I know it's not supposed to be anything like '24' but I've been hearing great things about The Wire. That might be my next Netflix marathon.

attn: 24 fans

If you're really sick of settling for the tired antics of this show but still watch it weekly as I do, I suggest you whet your appetite with "The State Within," a nice 6-hour miniseries on int'l relations and terrorism from the BBC. Just Netflixed it and its production value pretty much straddles film and good tv the way a lot of the HBO shows do, and it's a little better at not spelling everything out.

Thanks for the recommend. I'll definitely look that one up.

I was, and am, right there with you. I seem to feel this way towards the end of every season. Bamboozled. But then I watch the excellent four hour premiere the next season and I'm hooked again. Not 'riveted,' but hooked like a fish. Fooled every time into thinking the rest of the season might be as good.

I know it's not supposed to be anything like '24' but I've been hearing great things about The Wire. That might be my next Netflix marathon.

The Wire is a great show. Highly recommended. The opposite end of the spectrum from 24.

I recently finished a Battlestar Galactica Netflix marathon. Great, great fuggin show.

I recently finished a Battlestar Galactica Netflix marathon. Great, great fuggin show.

The season finale that aired this past Sunday was the best hour of television I had ever seen! The writing is top-notch and each episode is like a mini-movie with great characters. I saved the episode and have watched it five times already.

Fezmid has been encouraging me to check out BSG for a while now....I've been holding out hope that Firefly/Serenity would be rekindled in some manner, but since things are kinda quiet on that front I may need to start up with BSG for my sci-fi fix.

The season finale that aired this past Sunday was the best hour of television I had ever seen! The writing is top-notch and each episode is like a mini-movie with great characters. I saved the episode and have watched it five times already.

coming from a pynchon fan that is high praise indeed and i have heard many rave reviews of the show

now im really going to have to watch it!

ahh!!

thanks tyrone :blink:

I'm surprised that Milo suddenly has full use of his left arm after being in a sling for the past several hours.

Why? A gunshot wound shouldn't take any longer to heal than injuries sustained from a bomb blast and waking up from an induced coma

<_<

The show sucks this year.

There....I said it.

The melodrama in the scenes with Palmer last night were putting me to sleep.

I have no idea what the deal is with him authorizing the assault, .....they better come up with a good reason why he did that, because at this point I really don't care.

There....I said it.

I have no idea what the deal is with him authorizing the assault, .....they better come up with a good reason why he did that, because at this point I really don't care.

Offcially, yes, it does suck. I am trying to recover my investment of time here but it ain't looking good. They are going to do the gimmick "is Jack dead?" thing for a few weeks, maybe even string us along till next year, and Silver Spoons will save the day whilst coming closer to solving his tortured (pun intended) spiritual quest. I'm with 'em till May and that's about all I can say. What a waste after a good season premiere.

BTW, the evil VP/unelected Prez thing is getting TIRED. The only thing that will save this season is if Peter McNichol reveals the real truth, which is that he is going to stage a coup d'etat for Vigo, leaving America to return to glory under the leadership of Carpathian warlords.

The only thing that will save this season is if Peter McNichol reveals the real truth, which is that he is going to stage a coup d'etat for Vigo, leaving America to return to glory under the leadership of Carpathian warlords.

Either that, or he announces that they will now have a unisex bathroom in the bunker.

There....I said it.

Offcially, yes, it does suck. I am trying to recover my investment of time here but it ain't looking good. They are going to do the gimmick "is Jack dead?" thing for a few weeks, maybe even string us along till next year, and Silver Spoons will save the day whilst coming closer to solving his tortured (pun intended) spiritual quest. I'm with 'em till May and that's about all I can say. What a waste after a good season premiere.

BTW, the evil VP/unelected Prez thing is getting TIRED.

Agreed.

Milo's station was left unsecured but let's just sweep it under the rug. Does it not occur to Ricky that Milo might have done it on purpose. Nah, there's never a mole in CTU!