The Chargers

The call that has me up in arms is the no call when the Patriot player broke through the line on an obvious spike and pushed down Rivers. That and the personal foul call against the Chargers for a San Diego player trying to get the dirty patriots of his teammate.

The refs might as well wear Patriots uniforms. When Schottenheimer wants to call a TO, no one is near him, when Bellicheck wants to call one, the Refs are standing next to him waiting. This isn't anything new.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like NE but you have to respect that comeback. SD has a bad a$$ defense and Brady did what Brady always does....lead them back for a victory. What i like about NE is they always EXPECT to win, no matter what. Losing is not an option.

I can't believe all the "Marty" lovers in Buffalo. He is a first class "richardhead"! He's the guy that said if Buffalo drafted him, when he came out of college, he wouldn't play. He is an A#1 slob. I can't wait for any team he coaches to go under. He deserves no Super Bowl shot...ever. You people either have very short memories or are too young to remember his comments on Buffalo.

I can't believe all the "Marty" lovers in Buffalo. He is a first class "richardhead"! He's the guy that said if Buffalo drafted him, when he came out of college, he wouldn't play. He is an A#1 slob. I can't wait for any team he coaches to go under. He deserves no Super Bowl shot...ever. You people either have very short memories or are too young to remember his comments on Buffalo.

WAIT A SEC....we dont love Marty---we hate EVIL(Belichek). there is a big difference.

The call that has me up in arms is the no call when the Patriot player broke through the line on an obvious spike and pushed down Rivers. That and the personal foul call against the Chargers for a San Diego player trying to get the dirty patriots of his teammate.

The refs might as well wear Patriots uniforms. When Schottenheimer wants to call a TO, no one is near him, when Bellicheck wants to call one, the Refs are standing next to him waiting. This isn't anything new.

Oh come on now, that's just stupid. Did you actually see the play? He was thrown into Rivers by the offensive lineman. Now you crybabies are just making chit up. I'm no Patsy fan but you guys are sounding pretty silly.

I'm going to avoid bitterness by bitching about the zebras and state the facts:

1. Schottenheimer wasted a precious timeout disputing that fumble -- that clearly was a fumble. One more time out, and they could have gotten closer for Kaeding's kick at the end.

2. Pass wacky. Why didn't he run the ball more and have Rivers pass less? That interception came at a crucial point in the game. You have the MVP and Michael Thomas in the backfield, and they were cranking off yards in the first half.

3. You rely solely on the play calling of Wade Phillips to stop Tom Brady & the Patriots' offense?

Bolts were doomed.

Rivers' flop was worthy of the Italian soccer team.

I think merriamn gets held on every play

He is a cheater on so many more levels than that. But really, the guy was getting pummelled by the o-line all day i really didn't see him as being held.

But you have to admit the Patriots never just beat an opponent. They get some once-in-a-lifetime refs call or bonehead play from the other team. I mean, how often do you see a guy fumble an INT back? How key is that play going to be? Just another day at the office for the Pats.

PTR

Yeah and as much as i hate them they just win, i don't care what things happen for them because they still manage to capitalize on those events, which no other team seems to do. They're unreal. That being said :thumbsup: new england!!!

Oh come on now, that's just stupid. Did you actually see the play? He was thrown into Rivers by the offensive lineman. Now you crybabies are just making chit up. I'm no Patsy fan but you guys are sounding pretty silly.

I agree. The whinners cannot acknowledged how tremendously coached the Patriots are. Give Marty the Patriots in '06 and doubt he would have got more than 6 wins. I'm no Patriot fan but I am a coaching fan. Slowed down the unstoppable Chargers on their home field. We couldn't do it in Buffalo.

I agree. The whinners cannot acknowledged how tremendously coached the Patriots are. Give Marty the Patriots in '06 and doubt he would have got more than 6 wins. I'm no Patriot fan but I am a coaching fan. Slowed down the unstoppable Chargers on their home field. We couldn't do it in Buffalo.

I respect good coaching as much as the next guy but that's a really bad comparison. The pats have one of the most talented defenses in football and a smart qb. The bills had a guy who was just starting 16 games and not a lot of talent save 1-2 guys.

and now the INT on 4th down (knock it down!) followed by a fumble.

The 1st day of camp, don't they tell these guys not to intercept on 4th down?

I went balistic watching it & I wasn't even rooting for either team. On top of that the dumbass announcers never brought it up.

[/b]

I respect good coaching as much as the next guy but that's a really bad comparison. The pats have one of the most talented defenses in football and a smart qb. The bills had a guy who was just starting 16 games and not a lot of talent save 1-2 guys.

My reply is Marty wouldn't have gotten the Pats anywhere. Nobody has more talent than the Chargers.

No doubt about mistakes - RIDICULOUS mistakes - on the Chargers. But those mistakes convienently cover up Brady's horrible game. 57 passer rating - yeah this is the guy who is supposed to be better than Montana? Please.

Stats shmats. As much as we dislike the guy, Brady got the job done. He moved the team down the field when NE needed points to draw closer (end of 1st 1/2, to tie the game, and take the lead in the 4thQ). He got NE the W. If I'm Brady, I'll take the W and a trip to Indy over a better passer rating than 57 any time.

This was a typical Patriots game. Make fewer mistakes than the other team, keep it close, make the plays at the end to win it. The only difference today was that the Pats themselves made many more mistakes than usual.

I also thought Rivers embellished it a bit... a diving penalty ala Derek Roy :thumbsup:

The Patriot envy on this board is embarassing at times. Let's face it, whatever it is, the Chargers had plenty of chances to win this game today, and they didn't. The Pats are just great at keeping any game close, and pulling it out at the end. There were some questionable calls/non-calls against the Pats today, as well. People who still scoff at the notion that Brady is not among the elite all-time QB's are just not wathcing.

I am pulling for the Bears, or Saints, but I have a feeling the Pats get revenge on the Bears. No way the Colts beat New England...