A Few Thought About The Game And The Bills

1) If Kyle Williams was bigger, he would have the potential to be great imo. Because of his small frame I don't know how good he will ever be, but he is one tough bastard, and nobody works any harder.

2) Lee Evans is developing into one of the best wideouts in the NFL, and it couldn't happen to a nicer young man.

3) The hit that Whitner put on Heap in the 3rd quarter was what I for one would expect from a #8 pick in the draft, even if he is undersized. I have been waiting all season for a hit like this from Donte. The truth is, when I have been thinking of what the nucleus of the Bills is, Whitner hasn't been coming to mind. I will reconsider if he continues to hit TEs instead of his live-in girlfriend. I hope he improves. This team can't afford to bust out on a #8, wouldn't ya say?

4) JP was a horror show today and I just don't care. I am officially sold on the kid.

5) Fowler would even be a tad small for a TE. Whatever weight he is listed at is a lie. He is short, and has short arms to boot.

6) Speaking of utter horror shows, maybe some of you saw today what I have been saying about Gandy. This guy can be counted upon to get blown up on a few plays in every game. I guess he would be OK for a backup OT. Wait....I am only patronizing you diehard homers. Gandy sucks ass and I hope this was his last game in Buffalo. Preston? I don't even want to go there. :(

7) I know that he made a few tackles, but Spikes was painful to watch. Am I the only one who noticed that he takes very short strides? He needs to heal his wounds and see what he has left next year. I am not giving up on TKO yet.

8) Pennington? Not one of his better days (despite a ton of help from Royal and even MaGahee). No prob! Let him take his lumps against a great defense and keep on learning, right?

9) I hope you people were watching Peters. The guy was pushing the DE out of the way with his long, strong arms like it was friggin easy. He almost never gets beat. If you can't tell, I am really !@#$ing enjoying this!!! :wallbash::beer::D

10) My deep and sincere thanks to all of those who respond to or even read the ramblings of a textbook Bills Nut like me. I for one like the offseason better on TSW, but this was a fun season to post here. The Bills showed me a lot more than I expected, and the future can be bright if key things fall into place.

I wish all of you and your loved ones a New Year that is healthy, happy and prosperous. God Bless. :)

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said on all counts.

It pains me to say this about Spikes, but I think that it may be in the best interest of the Bills to let him go.

And I feel the same way about Whitner....I just expected a bit more from him. Hopefully, he comes back next year ready to make an impact (on the field, not the police blotter)

6) Speaking of utter horror shows, maybe some of you saw today what I have been saying about Gandy. This guy can be counted upon to get blown up on a few plays in every game. I guess he would be OK for a backup OT. Wait....I am only patronizing you diehard homers. Gandy sucks ass and I hope this was his last game in Buffalo. Preston? I don't even want to go there. :wallbash:

This has to be Gandy's last game as a Bill. I don't think the staff is high on him to begin with (demoting him to guard). And today he was responsible for all three sacks and looked very bad in run blocking. I've been a Gandy defender; not anymore.

Great point re: Kyle Williams. he made the initial contact repeatedly today. A few times the runner still fell forward for plus yardage which I guess is due to his size.

The interior Oline had a bad day. Fowler reminded me of Bennie Anderson turned backwards with his hands out after geting beat. Gandy stunk too.

I would also give props to Roscoe Parrish who had a great second half.

So you're "officially sold" on losman huh? Hey I know he'll be our QB next year, that doesn't mean I'm getting on my knees for him just yet. He reverted back to old sh*t for brains self today, and i'm not even really talking about the picks. He was back to pathetically underthrowing guys, throwing behind receivers, or way ahead of them. Usually when he actually had decent protection. But hey he can sure deliver the ball to evans 50 yrds downfield after Evans burns his man with a double move! Big f'in deal. Hopefully the coaching staff lets him run a little more next year, because he delivers the ball like a handicapped girl.

As for Gandy and Preston, I don't think you'll run into too many homers brave enough to defend those stiffs.

i'm not sold on fowler either, but in all honestly, there are bigger fish to fry on the o-line.........that group is not nearly as far along as this board likes to think.....still the #1 priority heading into the offseason

i agree, gandy blows, he's been a problem for a long long time.........can't believe the bandwagon he had going last off-season on this board

spikes not be back to his old self next year, but he will be much much better......he won't be the problem he was this season and should be at least even, if not a positive

It pains me to say this about Spikes, but I think that it may be in the best interest of the Bills to let him go.

No way. He came back from his achilles and BLEW UP Brady on the first play of the game, but hurt his hamstring and was out for a couple of months. He needs the offseason to heal up, but he'll be back. Maybe not 100%, but even an 80% Spikes is better than most LBs at 150%. We keep him until training camp and if he sucks, then cut him. I don't think that'll happen though.

You want to go into next season without Fletcher, Clements OR Spikes?! :wallbash:

Spikes is a proud guy. He will give max effort to get back. Call it blind faith but I would not give up on him just yet. Other than the play where Heap blocked him downfield, I can't remember a terrible play that stands out. I was more bothered by the Willis fumble and the JP's slant pass goaline pick on first down. Good teams avoid those moments.

No way. He came back from his achilles and BLEW UP Brady on the first play of the game, but hurt his hamstring and was out for a couple of months. He needs the offseason to heal up, but he'll be back. Maybe not 100%, but even an 80% Spikes is better than most LBs at 150%. We keep him until training camp and if he sucks, then cut him. I don't think that'll happen though.

You want to go into next season without Fletcher, Clements OR Spikes?! :wallbash:

I'll gladly keep Spikes if he renogiates his contract to help us retain Fletcher or Clements as he's definately not worth the $6 plus million he's expected to count against the cap.

Great post as always.

Some feedback:

1) Kyle Williams will be limited by his talent and frame, but you know he will be working as hard this off season in the weight room as he does on the field, and I expect him to get better and always be a fan favorite. I still hope we get another tackle along with Larry and McCargo, because if Kyle is #4 in the rotation things are looking good.

3) I think to mention Dante as a bust is a little much. This guy is going to be our starter forever and playing along with rookie Ko, has done a great job in the secondary. I'd love to see the hits like that one more and more, and take over the middle of the field, but he is already a solid pick.

5) Fowler is not big and strong. I like him, and think he gets penciled in as our 2007 starter and we don't aquire a new center, but I hope that Preston or Merz can emerge and hop over him based on merit. But I think a sign of Fowler's physical ability is that we never QB sneak on short yardage, which most other teams do, and we don't pound the ball up the middle on goal line plays. He just can't get that push.

6) I'm mixed on Gandy. Getting two quality guards will be tough, but I'd love to make it happen. Our weaker guard is Preston who is our #1 need, but if we can get a second guard better than Gandy without giving up too much, I will be very happy.

7) TKO has had a rough year. But remember that injuries like his take longer to get to 100% than to get back on the field. His off season workouts were severely affected, and then the hamstring set him back. He is a proud guy and a hell of an athlete. Unless his ankle is permanently hobbling (could be, but I don't think so), he will work his butt off this off season, and hit 2007 in much better condition than he was at any point this year.

8) Pennington has enough youth, size, and talent to go into 2007 as the starter. I'm not sure how great he will be, and he does get a lot of help and we don't run right, but I think on film he has done well blocking the guy in front of him, and hope he can progress and play better with a strong RG next to him.

9) Peters is the story of the 2006 Bills. This is a cornerstone of our future, and I hope he stays healthy and stays a Bill forever.

Great Post Bill... And Happy New Year!

It was nice to see a Bills QB play with some guts against an extremely tough defense in their own stadium when it mattered. Sure it wasn't his best day, but the kid has sold out to become better in all facets of his game this season and I finally have that proud feeling about the Qb position that hasn't been here for 10 years.

I'll gladly keep Spikes if he renogiates his contract to help us retain Fletcher or Clements as he's definately not worth the $6 plus million he's expected to count against the cap.

We're like $20M under the cap next yearr, aren't we? I don't think his renegotiating helps us keep either Fletcher or Clements. :wallbash:

We're like $20M under the cap next yearr, aren't we? I don't think his renegotiating helps us keep either Fletcher or Clements. :wallbash:

The number that has been thrown around is more like 36-39 Mil. Supposedly we've the third most available...

Yet, these numbers (especially our Bills) always seem to wittle down considerably the past few years leaving us

short of getting what we need.

So you're "officially sold" on losman huh? Hey I know he'll be our QB next year, that doesn't mean I'm getting on my knees for him just yet. He reverted back to old sh*t for brains self today, and i'm not even really talking about the picks. He was back to pathetically underthrowing guys, throwing behind receivers, or way ahead of them. Usually when he actually had decent protection. But hey he can sure deliver the ball to evans 50 yrds downfield after Evans burns his man with a double move! Big f'in deal. Hopefully the coaching staff lets him run a little more next year, because he delivers the ball like a handicapped girl.

I was on Losman's bandwagon at the beginning, then off of it after Week 7. Since then, he's showing me a little more each week that he CAN play. I'm chalking up yesterday to inexperience and being pressured by a knock-your-socks-off defense. JP had little chance yesterday and I never expected them to play well - especially when Baltimore had something to play for.

This was a throw-away-the-tape game....that's all.

.......I wish all of you and your loved ones a New Year that is healthy, happy and prosperous. God Bless. :wallbash:

Thanks Bill.

Same to you & yours, & that was a first class "A Few Thought About The Game...." post for you to finish on. :beer:

3) The hit that Whitner put on Heap in the 3rd quarter was what I for one would expect from a #8 pick in the draft, even if he is undersized. I have been waiting all season for a hit like this from Donte. The truth is, when I have been thinking of what the nucleus of the Bills is, Whitner hasn't been coming to mind. I will reconsider if he continues to hit TEs instead of his live-in girlfriend. I hope he improves. This team can't afford to bust out on a #8, wouldn't ya say?

How many big pass plays did Dante give up this season?? Very, very few. That is a tremendous accomplishment especially with another rookie in Ko playing along side of him. These guys did an outstanding job in the secondary for their first year in a Cover 2 defense. Their #1 priority is not to get beat deep, and they were very, very good at keeping receivers in front of them.

The reason I bring this up is to address point #3 - the lack of big hits. I'd like to see Dante lay some bigger hits on opposing players too, but you have to keep in mind that he's backpedaling on almost every play. When you're protecting the deep pass without help, its hard to line up a guy in the middle of the field and lay him out because if you miss, he's on his way to the end zone. If Fewell gave him free reign to go all over the field like Taylor in Wash or Williams in Dallas, you'd see some more hits.

The fact that you're calling JP's game a "horror show" shows that y(our) expectations of him have increased tremendously over the course of the year and he's doing well. He made a couple stupid mistakes but he also hit some good throws and made quick decisions in the face of unrelenting pressure and absolutely no help from the running game.

RTB