Do any young women cook anymore?

Mikie2times

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm asking for is the split in cooking duties. Problem is most the women I've met can't hold up that end of the bargain. I've seen several couples and friends, who have shared my experiences. This all leads me to believe this trend is stronger then it should be.

Gender changes in society have played a roll in the amount of women that know how to cook. But to me that's not an excuse. It's a fundamental part of life that everybody should at least have some knowledge about. Your group of friends appears different which is what I'm looking for. Maybe it's just the people I know more then it actually being true.

865997[/snapback]

Here's what you do. Dump the B word. If she can't cook what are the chances she'll be barefoot in the kitchen. Take a cooking class, great place to find women. At first they'll think you're gay, hey but that's cool. They'll open up to you and then you can decide whether or not you want to date her. Once they find out you're not gay (you're not right??) they'll really dig you and you'll be cooking with gas in not time.

Here's what you do.  Dump the B word.  If she can't cook what are the chances she'll be barefoot in the kitchen.  Take a cooking class, great place to find women.  At first they'll think you're gay, hey but that's cool.  They'll open up to you and then you can decide whether or not you want to date her.  Once they find out you're not gay (you're not right??) they'll really dig you and you'll be cooking with gas in not time.

866009[/snapback]

I like vaginas, so should I pretend to be gay :thumbsup:

My wife could barely make a ham sandwhich before we were married. Over the years she has become a wonderful cook, makes my grandmothers old sauce recipe, great chicken soup, just about anything. The only thing is she will not cook on a grill. I have noticed this with other women as well. So I do the grillen and she does the rest.

My wife could barely make a ham sandwhich before we were married. Over the years she has become a wonderful cook, makes my grandmothers old sauce recipe, great chicken soup, just about anything. The only thing is she will not cook on a grill. I have noticed this with other women as well. So I do the grillen and she does the rest.

866022[/snapback]

Ya what's with that? I love the grille, so much easier then anything else. I think something about the gas and a possible explosion freaks them out :thumbsup:

Most of the girls I've dated weren't good cooks. But they were still better than me. Ever seen those Hardee's commercials "Without us, some guys would starve"? That's me

Most of the married girls I know say they didn't learn how to cook until after they got married

My mom is a terrific cook but she said she didn't learn how until after she was married

Most of the girls I've dated weren't good cooks.  But they were still better than me.  Ever seen those Hardee's commercials "Without us, some guys would starve"?  That's me

Most of the married girls I know say they didn't learn how to cook until after they got married

My mom is a terrific cook but she said she didn't learn how until after she was married

866042[/snapback]

Maybe it's something about having kids?

Funny thing is her Mom's a great cook. The type that practically force feeds you, real old school. I think in my girls case she might have gotten it so overdone she never felt the need to learn. But still this shouldn't change the rest of the young women in this country.

865936[/snapback]

My wife is like this and the result is my daughters did not get a chance to cook much. Two of them are now excellent cooks and the youngest will be learning to cook the hard way when she and a girl friend get an apartment next month.

My mother died when I was young, so I had to learn to cook early in life or eat frozen TV Dinners (1960's hot pockets). :thumbsup:

I cook like a crazy person, and usually love doing it so long as it's on my terms. But when I have to do it all the time because my significant other doesn't know how to. Well it's frustrating. Sometimes you wan’t to be cooked a meal you know?

865930[/snapback]

So what does she do when it is her turn to make supper?

When it is YOUR turn, get out the Cheerios and milk and stop cooking her real meals until she does her part!

:thumbsup:

Have you tried teaching her to cook?

And they can vote.

865960[/snapback]

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but did anyone see that man show where they had that kid out there on the streets in a booth trying to end woman's sufferage? Nearly two-thirds of the woman that walked by signed the petition.

What I'm asking for is the split in cooking duties. Problem is most the women I've met can't hold up that end of the bargain. I've seen several couples and friends, who have shared my experiences. This all leads me to believe this trend is stronger then it should be.

Gender changes in society have played a roll in the amount of women that know how to cook. But to me that's not an excuse. It's a fundamental part of life that everybody should at least have some knowledge about. Your group of friends appears different which is what I'm looking for. Maybe it's just the people I know more then it actually being true.

865997[/snapback]

My wife and I split the cooking duties; most of the duties, actually. It works out pretty well. We can both cook some great dishes; each of us has a few regulars in the routine and we're both willing to try out some new things. The sex is great, too. Whoops. Wrong thread.

We do enjoy our dining out, though. It's not for nothing that we live in NYC.

I'm 24, fairly traditional background. My Mom handled most of the cooking duties which probably could be said for most in my demographic. I'm not one to think it's a woman's job to cook, but I'm just shocked at how few actually can. I'm talking complete cooking incompetence. In my last two relationships hot pockets would have been a challenge to what were otherwise intelligent women. You would think some degree of competency would be important for survival. It is after all, eating.

865907[/snapback]

Mine does. she loves to cook, and shes pretty damn good. It helps that she's italian, so she basically had no choice but to be a good cook. I do all the grilling and stuff, but she'll handle the other stuff. She doesnt get a lot of chances to tho, between school and working til 10, but when she does, she goes to town.

Being Italian, I have been cooking since I was like 12, I have always done the cooking; I taught my ex-gf/wife how to cook, my current gf - I taught her too...seeing I will be 30 next month :censored:, this equals about 9 years of my life in teaching women how to cook....

I love to use the grill and make the meals; the deal I try to come up with is that, I'll cook if they clean up :D I hate that part...

I saw it earrlier int his post, I think Joe six pack, all of my gf's since I was like 16 knew how to bake - they couldn't make a meal, but they could make good pies and cakes...I taught my gf how to bake, cause I hate it, and now she is quite the baker....plus seeing she's use to cleaning my mess when i cook, she cleans up after her self too :lol:

I'm no longer young (36), but most of the girls I know can cook. My buddy's gf is 23 (way to go Mike, 13 years younger!) and she is a terrific cook. Her mom insists on their family getting together every Tuesday for a big home cooked meal, so that's where she got it.

And she's the exception to the whole "modern woman" theory - she's 3rd year law.

Did I mention that she's incredibly hot? She's an FSU grad, so there's a good chance she crossed paths with Ramius & Puhonix and they never knew she was more than a pretty face. This is why they should wear signs.

:censored:

I've never been with a girl who could cook - they always had no clue when it came to the kitchen. I think it's sort of a generational backlash againt the home ec classes girls had to take in school a generation ago - they don't have to take it so they don't.

Guys on the other hand, can no longer expect to find a girl who can cook for them, so they've had to learn how to cook. I think lots of guys have also learned that if you can cook it impresses lots of women - nothing like being able to make a really nice meal for an impressive date.

Currently I do all the cooking at home as part of the split in household responsibilities. I would rather cook than do dishes (her job) - cooking is a legit hobby, washing dishes isn't. Unfortunately, I now cook AND clean as my wife has picked up additional duties with our twins.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but did anyone see that man show where they had that kid out there on the streets in a booth trying to end woman's sufferage?  Nearly two-thirds of the woman that walked by signed the petition.

866492[/snapback]

I saw that, it was friggin funny! It was on college campuses nationwide.

She's an FSU grad, so there's a good chance she crossed paths with Ramius & Puhonix and they never knew she was more than a pretty face.  This is why they should wear signs. 

:D

866572[/snapback]

You're assuming we look at their faces. :censored:

What I did ensured me that my wife could cook.  I met her at the Culinary Institute of America. 

866616[/snapback]

Had to read that post a second time to make sure you weren't joking. I've met several people who have the kind of job they can't really discuss so when asked where they work they say the Culinary Institute of America :oops:

Had to read that post a second time to make sure you weren't joking.  I've met several people who have the kind of job they can't really discuss so when asked where they work they say the Culinary Institute of America :oops:

867296[/snapback]

You do realize I have to kill you now.