That's life

LevysEraII

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My bad. I guess I just assume that Wegmans is Pittsford-based because of that super-store.

864269[/snapback]

take Toronto off that list. They don't have a stadium that can accomodate NFL football and ther is no way in hell the taxpayers would ever pony up the dough.

I live in NC, not going to the 'phins game, but I am going to the Tennessee game on Christmas Eve!  :bag:

864502[/snapback]

You will likely have a good game!

Whatever one may think about Vince Young, he's had a heck of a run for the last month or so...knocking off PHI, NYG, IND and HOU.

You will likely have a good game!

Whatever one may think about Vince Young, he's had a heck of a run for the last month or so...knocking off PHI, NYG, IND and HOU.

864524[/snapback]

I was skeptical and not sure what kind of a pro that he would turn out to be, but thus far, he has been everything as advertised and more.

I forgot to mention as to why I'm thoroughly depressed.

My uncle, a man of faith to the Bills, said that if he still has any interest in football he'd be a Patriots fan.

My brain nearly imploded.

864445[/snapback]

Please help your much loved Uncle. It's something you must do... :bag:

I don't think it's the "Buffalo" that they want out of the equation.  It's the "Ralph" that they want out.

864492[/snapback]

It's both. Ralph represents 'small market' and Buffalo has become that 'small market.'

Think of Snyder, Jones, Kraft, et al. as people who want the NFL to be in the biggest markets. Just as teams moved from Pottsville, Racine, and Kenosha --- they want the Bills out of Buffalo, and they have leverage that can make it happen after Ralph is gone. It is pure Adam Smith and the 'invisible hand.'

Here we are in week 15 of the 2006 season holding on to a thin thread to make the playoffs and playing the biggest rivals of this team at Home who are also holding on to a thin thread to make the playoffs and all I have seen being posted since morning is about the Bills leaving town....Makes my day sick.....Where are the Anthony's and DeLucas...At least they provided good discussion forums.

Where are Phuonix and DCM ? What are they talking about down in South Florida ?

Here we are in week 15 of the 2006 season holding on to a thin thread to make the playoffs and playing the biggest rivals of this team at Home who are also holding on to a thin thread to make the playoffs and all I have seen being posted since morning is about the Bills leaving town....Makes my day sick.....Where are the Anthony's and DeLucas...At least they provided good discussion forums.

864537[/snapback]

Head over to the 'off the wall' board and look at USMC's babe of the day....that'll cheer you up. Just ignore the fact that she's from Miami :bag:

I see your point, but if the Packers or the Browns can sell out every game the Bills should too.

864486[/snapback]

That is kind of what I am talking about. The Packers are a way of life, they have become, really, Americas team. They are from a small town, so small that people who have never been to Green Bay adopt them as their team, much the way so many are die-hard Notre Dame fans...they are a storied franchise, that has experienced great success.

The Browns are a little tougher to explain...but, I don't think Clevland is as rough off financially as WNY, and they have a new, state of the art facility, because the NFL intervened for them. A new stadium (and I realize this isn't going to happen in Buffalo) re-invigorates the corporate fan base that NFL franchises depend upon so much. The Browns glory days came before most of us here were alive, but they are one of the early pioneering NFL teams. They have that tradition.

Buffalo doesn't have any of that. If you take away the four Super Bowl losses, there hasn't really been a ton of great NFL football in Buffalo, on a national scale. Our beloved franchises' best days came in the days before the NFL merger. To those outside the region, the Bills AFL championships have as much legitimacy as the Arizona Rattle Snakes impressive run at arena league championships. I promise you though, had the Bills won just one of those Super Bowls in the early 1990's, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

The Bills, partly because of their lack of success, may be the most regional of all the NFL teams, even more so than the Packers. I am not being critical...just trying to understand why there seems to be such indifference to Ralph Wilsons' gripes. The old man should be doing what he can to ensure a championship team in Buffalo, if he really wants to ensure their longstanding tenure in Buffalo...not crying poverty. I would hazard to guess, Ralph has made far more money off of the Buffalo Bills, than he has invested in them. And good for him.

Bills fans have shown, over and over again, give them some hope, and they are as loyal as any fans anywhere. For all the knocking TD takes around here, he was able to sell Buffalo on (false)hope, that sold out the stadium, long after playoff hopes were lost...

Having read the article, it's the same old Wilson complaining about the new revenue sharing thing. I don't think he meant to say the Bills wouldn't spend.

864065[/snapback]

Yep. Ralph has to stand up for small markets to the NFL whenever possible and get pressure. That doesn't mean we are moving or not spending or anything else. This team would be much more financially successful in LA, no questions asked, but that doesn't mean Ralph can't run them successfully in Buffalo, or even take significant annual losses until he sells/leaves-via-other-means.

Either way he has more money than he can ever spend, and has made more money (in equity, but probably in annual revenues as well) off the Bills than he can ever spend. This team does not have to leave at any point, it is only an owner deciding they want more money that will ever cause the team to move. The money works for us to still spend up to the salary cap, and if forced not to, we could field an Oakland A's style team living smartly under the cap.

That said, the league subsidizing a NY stadium which will directly cost the Bills money by raising the cap without raising their revenues is a Rich-Man's-Welfare that the Bills should rightfully be upset about and try to address pressuring the NFL to make adjustments that are more fair to the Bills. Go for it Ralph. You haven't moved this team to Baltimore or Tennessee or St. Louis or Arizona or Oakland, and you are rich enough to never be forced into moving from Buffalo. You have my support, and I don't mind if you stand up for small market fairness.

It's both. Ralph represents 'small market' and Buffalo has become that 'small market.'

Think of Snyder, Jones, Kraft, et al. as people who want the NFL to be in the biggest markets. Just as teams moved from Pottsville, Racine, and Kenosha --- they want the Bills out of Buffalo, and they have leverage that can make it happen after Ralph is gone. It is pure Adam Smith and the 'invisible hand.'

864531[/snapback]

How so, by accepting or rejecting offers?