Losman can play in this league...

The_Real

Sorry no fantasy teams and don't care.  You're missing the point.  I am happy we are winning and playing much better.  However I still think we have JP on way too short a leash.  Example 3rd and 6 from the 24 up 28-13 and we run the ball.  We play scared that he will get sacked or throw an int. 

Amazs me how excited we are with 340 yards offence (barely avg).  I can't believe you guys are so scared to put up 400 yards offense. 

30th in Passing stinks and though I have defended JP and support him, those #'s are a reflection on Fairchild and the offensive game plan.....

863142[/snapback]

That's just incredibly foolish logic. Losman in the post game report said that the game plan going in was to throw a lot and come out firing. But that when the game started and we found we could run on them pretty consistently, the game plan changed. How the hell can anyone complain we don't pass more when we had a 7 minute drive on the ground in the fourth quarter to put the game away? We scored 31 points (with 7 from the D), and we were ahead by double digits a large portion of the game. You go with what is working at the time. And you try to mix it up. The big play of the game, the 3rd and 3 that went 77 yards, is a play that a lot of fans would yell why don't we run, or why don't we take the first down instead of going deep. But they called the right play at the right time in this game and it showed. This was a terrific offensive game. No turnovers and serious points and good TOP. It's completely insane IMO to ask for more passing in a game we dominate and score 30 and win by 18 points.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry no fantasy teams and don't care.  You're missing the point.  I am happy we are winning and playing much better.  However I still think we have JP on way too short a leash.  Example 3rd and 6 from the 24 up 28-13 and we run the ball.  We play scared that he will get sacked or throw an int. 

Amazs me how excited we are with 340 yards offence (barely avg).  I can't believe you guys are so scared to put up 400 yards offense. 

30th in Passing stinks and though I have defended JP and support him, those #'s are a reflection on Fairchild and the offensive game plan.....

863142[/snapback]

You DON'T risk a sack or pick in that situation because if you get the field goal, which we did, it becomes a three score lead. See...in the NFL, if you score more than the other team, you win. If you are ahead by two scores, and you have a chance to move ahead by three scores, you don't do something foolish.

That's not playing scared. It's playing smart. I appreciate that you're lying in bed at night hugging your Jim Kelly doll and wondering why Vanilla Ice isn't still cranking out albums, but before the team can start giving you stats to make you happy, they have to learn how to win.

Please, Anthony...when a guy like me has to point this very, very basic stuff out to someone, then it's a pretty clear sign you either don't know anything about the game or you're just trying to bust balls.

I appreciate that you're lying in bed at night hugging your Jim Kelly doll and wondering why Vanilla Ice isn't still cranking out albums, but before the team can start giving you stats to make you happy, they have to learn how to win.

Please, Anthony...when a guy like me has to point this very, very basic stuff out to someone, then it's a pretty clear sign you either don't know anything about the game or you're just trying to bust balls.

863159[/snapback]

Leave him alone. He just got off the roller coaster and is a little queasy...

You DON'T risk a sack or pick in that situation because if you get the field goal, which we did, it becomes a three score lead. See...in the NFL, if you score more than the other team, you win. If you are ahead by two scores, and you have a chance to move ahead by three scores, you don't do something foolish.

863159[/snapback]

BINGO. Remember the Fins game last year when meathead called a pass play on first and goal from the three? We all know what happened after that. Although I think Jauron goes a little too conservative at times, at least he is smart enough to not take dumb risks when important points are within reach.

We are 30th in passing....  Sorry if I am not happy with that....

863009[/snapback]

In that case you would have hated the OJ days. Ferguson hardly ever threw the ball. Would you as the coach used OJ as a decoy so that the QB could throw?

I don't blame JP, but again we have less the 200 yards passing and that to me is Mendoza line for QB's (or in this case offensive coordinators).  That makes 9 of 13 games under 200 yards passing and 4-5 games with under 15 passes....

862985[/snapback]

Theres the whole flaw with that line of thinking.

It's really not about stats, especially one's such as your theory presents, but if you want to look at a statistic for an Offensive Coordinator and QB look at Yards per attempt. It doesn't matter if there are 15 or 50 passes thrown.

In that case you would have hated the OJ days.  Ferguson hardly ever threw the ball.  Would you as the coach used OJ as a decoy so that the QB could throw?

863188[/snapback]

Different era.... btw where is the 2,000 yard runner???

Again happy with JP and his play.... But the amount of cooing and the chest thumping when we are 30th in passing & 23rd in rushing is pathetic.....

Get it right.... while yesterday's game may not be the best example, our offense (and I blame the play calling) is terrible.... Again the most points we have put up all year on offense is 24 points.

Sorry I want to see better.....

And then again what does it say about our offense when we are so concerned with sacks & ints.... We play not to lose and I find that sad.

Different era....  btw where is the 2,000 yard runner???

Again happy with JP and his play....  But the amount of cooing and the chest thumping when we are 30th in passing & 23rd in rushing is pathetic.....

Get it right....  while yesterday's game may not be the best example, our offense (and I blame the play calling) is terrible....  Again the most points we have put up all year on offense is 24 points.

And then again what does it say about our offense when we are so concerned with sacks & ints....  We play not to lose and I find that sad.

863220[/snapback]

You are comparing us to perrenial playoff teams while most are noticing the progress of a rebuilding/gelling unit who is starting to show that they are able to execute a gameplan and take advantage when they are given opportunities in the field position department.

Its not like Buffalo had a high powered offence like what you want and have now recently dropped. They are a rebuilding team that has not had many real chances at the playoffs for years

A win is a win for a rebuilding team. Its not we are the Colts and are being held back from getting to the next level because of one piece. People can see the upside to this team and instead of complaining about the teams stats, are willing to sit back and enjoy the only one that counts, W's, while this team does better then most people believed.

Again happy with JP and his play....  But the amount of cooing and the chest thumping when we are 30th in passing & 23rd in rushing is pathetic.....

Get it right....  while yesterday's game may not be the best example, our offense (and I blame the play calling) is terrible....  Again the most points we have put up all year on offense is 24 points.

And then again what does it say about our offense when we are so concerned with sacks & ints....  We play not to lose and I find that sad.

863220[/snapback]

These posts can not be legit. Seriously, guys...somebody is pulling our chain here. It is not possible for any purported football fan to consistently taste shoe leather in this fashion.

You got to be patient with a young QB.  He needs to build confidence.  The problem with the Bills was that while Losman was learning on the job, the other aspects of the team like the running game/defense did not take the game into their hands.  The losses mounted and criticism on losman mounted.  The good part is Losman has not fallen apart due to the criticisms, but has actually used them to improve his game.

862914[/snapback]

We all know a lot of first round QB picks flop. Why? If they're picked in the first round then they obviously have the tools.

I think the above poster hit on one of the reasons. If a team is picking a QB in the first round, many times its because the team isn't very good, or they're rebuilding. A young QB who has always been a star comes in, probably needing a few years to develop. But they throw him on the field right away. He makes his rookie mistakes and the team doesn't start miraculaously winning all of their games and the fans and media jump all over him. Some guys just crack under that pressure...but JP has not.

With all of the scrutiny and the benchings last year, he never lost his confidence and keeps improving. Mental toughness is a big part of this game and it looks like JP has that. Only time will tell how much better his timing, decision making, touch passes, etc. will get...but he's not going to fold under the pressure and that's a guy you want in there when the game is on the line.

And I can kind of understand the poster who wants more passing yards...again its the old Buffalo problem of recognition. If JP was throwing for over 300 yards a game and 2 or 3 TDs and Willis broke 100 yds every week, we'd get more attention from the media and they'd be talking about our team and our guys...but there's a better way to get that recognition...just win baby!

Go Bills.

:(

863220[/snapback]

So we only put up 24 points on offense..... we won! I guess we should have either tried for a TD or kicked a field Goal instead of JP kneeling to run the time off the clock. :beer:

This team is not the most explosive offense. Nor do I believe they play not to loose, but rather to win! Teams that win, dont give up a lot of sacks, or throw lots of INT. So they try to keep them low! I cannot see a darn thing wrong with the play calling because it resulted in a win! Best of all, it wasnt a nail biter but a rather convincing victory.

It is rather nice seeing this team believing, in this coaching staff, the systems they have in place, and actually starting to execute as an unit! With the right off season moves, this will be one awesome team to watch!

I honestly dont know how anyone cannot be happy with the direction this team is heading. But thats just me and my positive thinking. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I think that if J.P threw for 200 yards a game people would say 'why doesn't he ever put up 250 yards a game. And if 250 then 300. And if 2 td's why not 3. When he runs bad, why does he run. When he runs good why doesn't he run.

'look yonder over ye fence. There, the grass is much greener.'

T_R

So we only put up 24 points on offense..... we won!  I guess we should have either tried for a TD or kicked a field Goal instead of JP kneeling to run the time off the clock.  :beer:

This team is not the most explosive offense.  Nor do I believe they play not to loose, but rather to win!  Teams that win, dont give up a lot of sacks, or throw lots of INT.  So they try to keep them low!  I cannot see a darn thing wrong with the play calling because it resulted in a win! Best of all, it wasnt a nail biter but a rather convincing victory.

It is rather nice seeing this team believing, in this coaching staff, the systems they have in place, and actually starting to execute as an unit!  With the right off season moves, this will be one awesome team to watch!

I honestly dont know how anyone cannot be happy with the direction this team is heading.  But thats just me and my positive thinking.  :thumbsup:

863406[/snapback]

I have agreed with everything and am happy we are winning. I however do not think it is unreasonable to see whether we have a Desoto or a Ferrari at QB.... If it is a Ferrari, we're driving 20 in the passing lane. For a desoto I guess we are doing quite well....

863142[/snapback]

So you are looking for 60 more yards per game ? take the win and be happy .

:thumbsup::beer:

863142[/snapback]

Look to scoring, not to yards. Yards don't mean squat if you don't put up points. Just ask half the league that weekly puts up 400+ and loses in games that aren't even close. We're in the bottom half in scoring, that to me is a bigger issue - but the last few weeks the offense has come alive and we're getting 20+ points a game.