Losman can play in this league...

The_Real

The loss in Indy had absolutely nothing to do with your need for more passing. In fact, Losman was sacked four times that game, which would indicate we were RIGHT in not passing more because our pass protection sucked. Running the ball killed the clock, kept the Colts off the field and took their crowd totally out of the game. In fact, up to Lindell's missed field goal with 6:30 left on the clock, we were leading in time of possession. Now, I know you don't care for anything that doesn't support your line of thinking, but against a team like Indy, you MUST win the TOP game.

The more telling stat for that game was simply this: 0-3 red zone efficiency. We were inside the 20 three times and came away with no TDs.

But you keep hanging on to whatever thought it is you're trying to get across. With everyone boo-hooing over a misunderstood Ralph article, I'll be happy to spend my time showing you how little sense you make.

864666[/snapback]

We were 0-3 in the red zone because we threw the ball once in the red zone.... Most passes were thrown on 3rd down and we had all of 111 yards rushing on 31 carries.

We played scared and while the score looked good, we were the recipients of 2 fumbles (one returned for a TD) and a great kick return....

Fine you are right, because you refuse to look at the facts in that game.... After the first drive 8:08, we had the ball 18 minutes the rest of the game and that was running the ball and keeping the clock moving..... we ran the ball terribly, we did not throw at all and often only on throwing downs. The play calling and offensive schemes were unimaginative and we had 194 yards total offense against a bad team. Whose fault was it???? I don't blame JP....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have not run the football well at all in those games....  Can only say we did okay vs. the Jets, though 170 yards is not exactly earth shattering anywhere except the Bills fan's world.[b\]  The Indy game was very winnable and would have been if we did pass the ball more....  Our best drive there was the first drive of the game, when we had JP throwing in tough 3rd down situations.

In the end I think we barely had a 100 yards rushing vs. Indy..... 

We are 30th in Offense in the NFL and that is with an improving offense....  The 29th offense Cleveland is 10 yards ahead of us and 28th Houston is 30 yards ahead.  Conversely 31 & 32 (TB & Oak) we are 3 & 15 yards ahead of them.  We are ridiculously pathetic and yet you are satisfied?????

What makes it funny is that yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we have played better.  However it is still inexcusable....

864636[/snapback]

I believe most teams would be happy with 170 yards rushing including the bills fans... More rushing usually means a better time of possesion, and game control. SO yes I am excited about that. I dont know of anyone whom wouldnt like a more higher powered offense....

But throwing the ball more just for the sake of throwing, hoping it will raise your offensive rankings is just plain lame. :lol: The object is to win, and the coaching staff has put this team in position to win most of the season by using plays that most fit the players[b\] abilities... This team is heading in the right direction and I personally couldnt ask for any more.

Hopefully during the offseason some of the offensive needs will be addressed and filled. Then maybe our rankings are going to improve. But I wouldnt count on more passing than running plays because that is not the system Marv and company want in place. :bag:

Whose fault was it????  I don't blame JP....

864697[/snapback]

It was the fault of a defense that could not stop the Colts from running out the last six minutes of the game.

Hit the field goal. Stop the Colts. Beat the undefeated. No extra passing required. Why does that make no sense to you?

Yesterday is a perfect example....  Chicago up 15 just like the Bills Sunday, but with 4 minutes not 9 left in the game and on third and 3, Grossman passed....  We on 3rd and 6 ran....  Our offensive coordinators have no interest in passing.

Also of the 37 passes vs. SD...  16 were the last two drives (6 & 10) in the 4th quarter down by 3 & then 10....

So yes you are right, I guess I want the Bills down so that we pass a little bit.....

864077[/snapback]

You are a dumbshit. You can't understand, after multiple people have explained it to you, why we ran.

Now, you want the Bills to be down so that they pass.

You are a dumbshit.  You can't understand, after multiple people have explained it to you, why we ran.

Now, you want the Bills to be down so that they pass.

864754[/snapback]

No you are a dumbshit for being happy with the 30th ranked offense. Hell it is better then 31 or 32.....

No you are a dumbshit for being happy with the 30th ranked offense.  Hell it is better then 31 or 32.....

864758[/snapback]

You've drawn your little arbitrary line in the sand, and you won't budge. It's either 250 yards passing or bust. It doesn't matter that you've shown absolutely zero evidence that passing more win games. It doesn't matter that others in this topic have shown that running more DOES win games.

You cling to the Colts/Bills/Titans example as your only shred of evidence, but the fact is, the Titans won against the Colts by passing for 163 yards and running for 219. Do you have that short a memory that you can't remember how we lost in that Colts game, or against the Patriots in the first game? Both opponents ran more than 5:00 off the clock on one fourth quarter drive by RUNNING THE BALL. THAT IS WHAT GOOD TEAMS DO IN THE FOURTH QUARTER WITH A LEAD!

But of course, none of that matters. All that matters is, you've picked a number, and damn it, that's what matters. It's either meet your arbitrary standard, or you will go home and cry and take your ball with you.

No you are a dumbshit for being happy with the 30th ranked offense.  Hell it is better then 31 or 32.....

864758[/snapback]

WHO CARES? What connection does your offensive ranking have with WINNING? Is the goal to have pretty stats or to win football games? We could have the 32nd ranked offense and win a super bowl. Its completely irrelevant.

Oh and christ, I don't know how many times Dibs has to tell you that since we opened it up and changed our offensive system and re-tooled the offensive line, we actually have the 16th ranked offense. So even if that number DID matter, we'd still be doing just fine. So please, shut up about this already.

WHO CARES? What connection does your offensive ranking have with WINNING? Is the goal to have pretty stats or to win football games? We could have the 32nd ranked offense and win a super bowl. Its completely irrelevant.

Oh and christ, I don't know how many times Dibs has to tell you that since we opened it up and changed our offensive system and re-tooled the offensive line, we actually have the 16th ranked offense. So even if that number DID matter, we'd still be doing just fine. So please, shut up about this already.

864784[/snapback]

6-7 Superbowl Parade.... That is what counts the wins & losses....

But 30th in Offense is fine.

My line in the sand was simply stating I want to see passing games in the 200's.... Not a real stretch or asking for the moon.

6-7 Superbowl Parade....  That is what counts the wins & losses....

My line in the sand was simply stating I want to see passing games in the 200's....  Not a real stretch or asking for the moon.

864810[/snapback]

But since we opened up the offense, changing our style and reshuffling the line, we have the 16th ranked offense and a 4-2 record. That's over a 6-week period, which is a decent sample size. So whats the problem?

My line in the sand was simply stating I want to see passing games in the 200's....  Not a real stretch or asking for the moon.

864810[/snapback]

Yeah, because passing 200 yards automatically gives a team the best chance to win.

Teams who passed for 200+ yards (53% of the league) this weekend went 9-8.

Teams who passed for less than 200 yards ( 47% of the league) this weekend went 7-8.

:bag:

864810[/snapback]

You're doing this on purpose aren't you? :doh:

Nobody could be stupid enough to continually ignore the pertinent opposing arguments(even though it is typed out so you cannot miss/forget them)....not address them....and keep repeating their original premise. Hell, it's not even an argument....you are wrong in your assumtion of the figures.

I'll repeat it one more time for you....if you ignore it....AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH :P:w00t:

SINCE OPENING UP THE OFFENCE(4 GAMES AGO) WE ARE AVERAGING 203.3 PASSING YARDS/GAME......JP HAS THROWN FOR 212.5 YARDS/GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE BEEN PERFORMING AT 16th IN THE LEAGUE......NOT 30th.

If you want us to pass for over 200 yards every game......that means the average you are wanting is.....lets say.....240yards/game(since the lowest will be 201). That will come to around 4000yards in the season. What you are actually asking for is for us to have a one of the BEST passing attacks in the league......not an average one. I'd love us to have one of the best too, but I'm happy that since we've cut the reigns on JP we have leaped from 31st to 16th. Why are you not happy about that too? How can you not see/understand/comprehend these numbers????????????

AN AVERAGE PASSING ATTACK IS 200yards/game.....

AN AVERAGE IS WORKED OUT BY ADDING ALL THE NUMBERS TOGETHER!!!!!

ALL OF THEM!!!!!

INCLUDING THE GOOD(HOU)....AND THE BAD(NYJ).

Again I say......

SINCE OPENING UP THE OFFENCE(4 GAMES AGO) WE ARE AVERAGING 203.3 PASSING YARDS/GAME......JP HAS THROWN FOR 212.5 YARDS/GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE HAVE BEEN PERFORMING AT 16th IN THE LEAGUE......NOT 30th.

You're doing this on purpose aren't you? :(

Nobody could be stupid enough to continually ignore the pertinent opposing arguments(even though it is typed out so you cannot miss/forget them)....not address them....and keep repeating their original premise.  Hell, it's not even an argument....you are wrong in your assumtion of the figures.

I'll repeat it one more time for you....if you ignore it....AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH :doh:  :w00t:

SINCE OPENING UP THE OFFENCE(4 GAMES AGO) WE ARE AVERAGING 203.3 PASSING YARDS/GAME......JP HAS THROWN FOR 212.5 YARDS/GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WE HAVE BEEN PERFORMING AT 16th IN THE LEAGUE......NOT 30th.

If you want us to pass for over 200 yards every game......that means the average you are wanting is.....lets say.....240yards/game(since the lowest will be 201).  That will come to around 4000yards in the season.  What you are actually asking for is for us to have a one of the BEST passing attacks in the league......not an average one.  I'd love us to have one of the best too, but I'm happy that since we've cut the reigns on JP we have leaped from 31st to 16th.  Why are you not happy about that too?  How can you not see/understand/comprehend these numbers????????????

ALL OF THEM!!!!!

Again I say......

SINCE OPENING UP THE OFFENCE(4 GAMES AGO) WE ARE AVERAGING 203.3 PASSING YARDS/GAME......JP HAS THROWN FOR 212.5 YARDS/GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WE HAVE BEEN PERFORMING AT 16th IN THE LEAGUE......NOT 30th.

864926[/snapback]

I would say someone is bringing class to the pupil. :P:D:D

And 16th in the NFL is good enough for you?

:w00t:

864929[/snapback]

When we were passing at 31st.....we make some changes.....things improve to 16th.....one certainly does not start complaining about it. To complain before the change is totally warranted....to complain now is idiotic. Improvements are happening.

(The answer is Yes....if it means we win a lot)

(The answer is also Yes....since to expect greater improvement over such a short period is stupid)

You're doing this on purpose aren't you? :(

Nobody could be stupid enough to continually ignore the pertinent opposing arguments(even though it is typed out so you cannot miss/forget them)....not address them....and keep repeating their original premise.  Hell, it's not even an argument....you are wrong in your assumtion of the figures.

I'll repeat it one more time for you....if you ignore it....AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH :D  :w00t:

If you want us to pass for over 200 yards every game......that means the average you are wanting is.....lets say.....240yards/game(since the lowest will be 201).  That will come to around 4000yards in the season.  What you are actually asking for is for us to have a one of the BEST passing attacks in the league......not an average one.  I'd love us to have one of the best too, but I'm happy that since we've cut the reigns on JP we have leaped from 31st to 16th.  Why are you not happy about that too?  How can you not see/understand/comprehend these numbers????????????

ALL OF THEM!!!!!

Again I say......

864926[/snapback]

I don't get it :D:doh::P

864810[/snapback]

You know, I used to watch ICE have these same kind of arguments. "Improving" wasn't enough. He would always point to the record, no matter what he was arguing. And he'd follow it with "I guess that's okay with the rest of you, but not for me because if you're not shooting for the moon with every breath you take, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about."

So, tell me again: Why do you need to see him consistently pass in the 200s? What do you hope to accomplish with this feat?