The_Real

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOU 38 passes WIN

JAX 28 passes WIN

SD 37 passes LOSS

What exactly have you been watching the last 4 weeks????

What about against HOU & JAX?

He won those two for us.

What games have you been watching the last 4 weeks???

But before the HOU game we were told that the leash would be taken off....AND IT WAS!!!!!

What games have you been watching the last 4 weeks???

Look at our offence in two sections.....pre-HOU....& post-HOU.

I refer to the HOU game because that is where the Offence was opened up more.

Pre-HOU....we netted an average of 139.4 passing yards/game

post-HOU....we netted an average of 203.3 passing yards/game

That means we'd be about 16th in passing over the last 4 weeks....or to put it differently....since we cut JPs leash.

Again I ask you....what games have you been watching the past 4 weeks??? :beer:  :doh:  ;)

863684[/snapback]

Has not thrown for 200 yards since Houston game. Don't shoot the messenger, I am happy JP has done well (and I am serious). I blame the coaching staff for the lack of offense. Lee Evans yesterday admitted too that he dropped the first ball, which was another 35-40 yards passing. Point was we were back to 15 passes.

If we look at the Houston game it was only 125 yards passing until the last two passes. SD, there was little pass yards until the last drive as well.

Sorry to state facts and my opinion that I want to see more passes. Also especially love how we support our need to have a balanced attack (23rd rushing, 30th passing).

Or are we just so happy to be ahead of TB & Oakland????

Has not thrown for 200 yards since Houston game.  Don't shoot the messenger, I am happy JP has done well (and I am serious).  I blame the coaching staff for the lack of offense.  Lee Evans yesterday admitted too that he dropped the first ball, which was another 35-40 yards passing.  Point was we were back to 15 passes.

If we look at the Houston game it was only 125 yards passing until the last two passes.  SD, there was little pass yards until the last drive as well. 

Sorry to state facts and my opinion that I want to see more passes.  Also especially love how we support our need to have a balanced attack (23rd rushing, 30th passing).

863984[/snapback]

Who cares if he throws for 200 yards. He's doing what he's supposed to be doing... managing the game. I do agree with you that coaching staff should have opened things up for him a bit a while ago... however before they made the o-line changes that would have been pointless.

Progression is the key. And he is clearly moving forward. I am quite sure you could disect any NFL QB's game the same way... Drew Brees only had 75 yards passing before the long 80-yard touch down to Henderson, etc., etc. Managing the game, getting great protection, WRs holding on the ball and not making dumb mistakes are more important to me than passing yards. You also have to take into account how many rushes we have... obviously.

JP is doing well and should be applauded for his play as of late.

.....Also especially love how we support our need to have a balanced attack (23rd rushing, 30th passing).

863984[/snapback]

As I said....

That means we'd be about 16th in passing over the last 4 weeks

That number is net(includes sack yardage) so the actual thrown yardage is more.

On every count, the passing game has been fine over the last 4 games. It was low prior to the last 4 games.

Over the last 4 games....since we have 'freed' JP.....the passing game has been middle of the pack. :doh:

I honestly cannot see what you are complaining about.

It really sounds like you are saying....

"I want us to have one of the top passing games in the league. Why can't we have one of the top passing attacks in the league. :cry: "

I want us to be #1 in every positive statistical category but.....it's silly to whinge when we are not only doing OK in a category, but are actually improving. ;)

You do understand that JP was set lose more before the HOU game & subsequently he has had 2 come from behind victories....the sacks have reduced....& we have produced passing numbers comparable to the league average?????????????????????

If you understand that......stop your whining about how you want to see more passing yards. If you are lucky we might get behind early & by lots to MIA next week.....we'll be bound to throw the ball up for grabs lot in that situation. :beer:

AND STOP TAKING JUST LAST GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The previous 3 games we called an average of 39.7 passes per game.

We killed the Jets. What do you want? Should the coaches call extra passing plays because they look pretty? Once we had a good lead....& with the running game working so well.....it would have been MORONIC to pass the ball more. ;):wallbash:

I think the other good point that Dibs stated as that sacks have been down dramatically. Granted the o-line switch up has helped, but Losman is not just dancing around, staring down WRs. He's not a top 10 QB right now but he seems like he's on his way.

We killed the Jets.  What do you want?  Should the coaches call extra passing plays because they look pretty?  Once we had a good lead....& with the running game working so well.....it would have been MORONIC to pass the ball more. :doh:  ;)

863988[/snapback]

No, they should do it because once your quarterback reaches the magical 250-yard plateau, you guarantee victory for your team. :beer:

As I said....

That means we'd be about 16th in passing over the last 4 weeks

That number is net(includes sack yardage) so the actual thrown yardage is more.

On every count, the passing game has been fine over the last 4 games.  It was low prior to the last 4 games.

Over the last 4 games....since we have 'freed' JP.....the passing game has been middle of the pack. :doh:

I honestly cannot see what you are complaining about.

It really sounds like you are saying....

"I want us to have one of the top passing games in the league.  Why can't we have one of the top passing attacks in the league. :cry: "

I want us to be #1 in every positive statistical category but.....it's silly to whinge when we are not only doing OK in a category, but are actually improving. ;)

You do understand that JP was set lose more before the HOU game & subsequently he has had 2 come from behind victories....the sacks have reduced....& we have produced passing numbers comparable to the league average?????????????????????

If you understand that......stop your whining about how you want to see more passing yards.  If you are lucky we might get behind early & by lots to MIA next week.....we'll be bound to throw the ball up for grabs lot in that situation. :beer:

AND STOP TAKING JUST LAST GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The previous 3 games we called an average of 39.7 passes per game.

We killed the Jets.  What do you want?  Should the coaches call extra passing plays because they look pretty?  Once we had a good lead....& with the running game working so well.....it would have been MORONIC to pass the ball more. ;)  :wallbash:

863988[/snapback]

Yesterday is a perfect example.... Chicago up 15 just like the Bills Sunday, but with 4 minutes not 9 left in the game and on third and 3, Grossman passed.... We on 3rd and 6 ran.... Our offensive coordinators have no interest in passing.

Also of the 37 passes vs. SD... 16 were the last two drives (6 & 10) in the 4th quarter down by 3 & then 10....

So yes you are right, I guess I want the Bills down so that we pass a little bit.....

Yesterday is a perfect example....  Chicago up 15 just like the Bills Sunday, but with 4 minutes not 9 left in the game and on third and 3, Grossman passed....  We on 3rd and 6 ran....  Our offensive coordinators have no interest in passing.

864077[/snapback]

You know, with this thought...a thought people (including myself) have responded to multiple times...it is official that you're simply busting people's nuts and are !@#$ing clueless about this game. We can only explain to you so many times why we ran in that situation. My two-year-old understands why we ran in that situation. There's a fork on my !@#$ing desk that knows why we ran in that situation.

But you...you have no understanding as to why we ran and I have to say, al a Mr. Coli, that you are either the biggest !@#$ing moron in the world, or you are simply a comic genius at a level so high you have to look down to see heaven.

I think the other good point that Dibs stated as that sacks have been down dramatically.  Granted the o-line switch up has helped, but Losman is not just dancing around, staring down WRs.  He's not a top 10 QB right now but he seems like he's on his way.

863989[/snapback]

And when he is getting hit he's not giving it up. Over the last six games he's been sacked 17 times and fumbled it only four times, compared to Brady who's been sacked 11 times and has fumbled it 6 times. Both have 12 fumbles on the year but Losman has been sacked 15 more times.

Seemingly pointless stats, yes. But almost every knock that the naysayers have had on the kid at the beginning of the season and during the bad three-game stretch before the bye have been corrected. They're rapidly running out of negatives to point to.

Aren't you the same guy who was complaining when they ran the ball more and almost beat Indy that you couldn't stand the coaching because it was boring for you to watch? You think the coaches should throw more because it is more entertaining for you when you watch the game.

864090[/snapback]

Yep.... And if we didn't play scared and not to get blown out by Indy, we could have beaten them like Tennesee did and we seriously could be thinking playoffs....

After the Indy game I seriously was worried that we had no idea if we had a QB, would slowly lose the offense with players like Evans who must have loved coming to the huddle to hear we were running for 2 yards again and then have free agents turning their backs on Buffalo.

30th in passing and you guys are upset with my comments, which are a statement of fact.... Unbelievable....

Yep....  And if we didn't play scared and not to get blown out by Indy, we could have beaten them like Tennesee did and we seriously could be thinking playoffs....

After the Indy game I seriously was worried that we had no idea if we had a QB, would slowly lose the offense with players like Evans who must have loved coming to the huddle to hear we were running for 2 yards again and then have free agents turning their backs on Buffalo.

30th in passing and you guys are upset with my comments, which are a statement of fact....  Unbelievable....

864128[/snapback]

30th in passing... yes. Upset with that fact, no. I have been just stating the fact that JP has been playing well and is moving forward. It's just to bad because some of these growing pains could have and should have happened last year.

30th in passing... yes.  Upset with that fact, no.  I have been just stating the fact that JP has been playing well and is moving forward.  It's just to bad because some of these growing pains could have and should have happened last year.

864133[/snapback]

Agree 100% about last year and growing pains.

Still want to see more from the offense..... So shoot me....

Actually, I can't think of too many QB's playing much better.  The QB play this year league-wide has been pretty bad.

864104[/snapback]

Actually that is very true....I was voting for the Pro Bowl and I noticed that other than Brees there is no one you want to vote to the Pro Bowl from the NFC. There has not been a single QB who has rose up to the occasion and been consistent. The next best QB in the NFC is Eli Manning and everyone knows how inconsistent he has been.....If I were to pick a QB for the pro-bowl from the NFC other than Brees, I would have to go with Romo. Unfortunately Romo has had only 1/2 a season to show for.

On the other hand the AFC has had better consistent QB play.....Carson Palmer, Manning, Rivers, etc.

Yep....  And if we didn't play scared and not to get blown out by Indy, we could have beaten them like Tennesee did and we seriously could be thinking playoffs....

So, we played not to get blown out, yet we almost actually WON the game. The game plan was done well enough against Indy - run and run. Did you see their loss to Jacksonville on Sunday? Why the H would anyone try to pass against them?

30th in passing and you guys are upset with my comments, which are a statement of fact....  Unbelievable....

864128[/snapback]

We're upset with your comments because the Bills are winning their games by (here's a shocker) RUNNING THE FOOTBALL. Marv has always said - along with a billion other coaches - that to win, you have to run and stop the run.

Look at the top 10 teams in passing offense right now:

New Orleans 303.5 yds/game

Indianapolis 272.2 yds/game

Philadelphia 255.8 yds/game

Cincinnati 249.5 yds/game

St. Louis 248.4 yds/game

Detroit 246.1 yds/game

Dallas 242.5 yds/game

Pittsburgh 240.2 yds/game

Green Bay 237.1 yds/game

Arizona 220.9 yds/game

Five of these teams either will not make the playoffs or are all but eliminated from the playoffs. Philly and Cincinnati are barely in, if the season ended today. Don't get hung up on wanting to see more passing...it doesn't necessarily translate to continual winning.

I suppose you would've been an unhappy Ravens fan in 2000, also. Terrible passing offense, yet they won the Superbowl. :beer:

So, we played not to get blown out, yet we almost actually WON the game. The game plan was done well enough against Indy - run and run. Did you see their loss to Jacksonville on Sunday? Why the H would anyone try to pass against them?

We're upset with your comments because the Bills are winning their games by (here's a shocker) RUNNING THE FOOTBALL. Marv has always said - along with a billion other coaches - that to win, you have to run and stop the run.

We have not run the football well at all in those games....  Can only say we did okay vs. the Jets, though 170 yards is not exactly earth shattering anywhere except the Bills fan's world.  The Indy game was very winnable and would have been if we did pass the ball more....  Our best drive there was the first drive of the game, when we had JP throwing in tough 3rd down situations.

In the end I think we barely had a 100 yards rushing vs. Indy..... 

Look at the top 10 teams in passing offense right now:

New Orleans  303.5 yds/game

Indianapolis  272.2 yds/game

Philadelphia  255.8 yds/game

Cincinnati      249.5 yds/game

St. Louis        248.4 yds/game

Detroit          246.1 yds/game

Dallas          242.5 yds/game

Pittsburgh      240.2 yds/game

Green Bay    237.1 yds/game

Arizona          220.9 yds/game

Five of these teams either will not make the playoffs or are all but eliminated from the playoffs. Philly and Cincinnati are barely in, if the season ended today. Don't get hung up on wanting to see more passing...it doesn't necessarily translate to continual winning.

I suppose you would've been an unhappy Ravens fan in 2000, also. Terrible passing offense, yet they won the Superbowl.    :bag:

864279[/snapback]

We have not run the football well at all in those games.... Can only say we did okay vs. the Jets, though 170 yards is not exactly earth shattering anywhere except the Bills fan's world. The Indy game was very winnable and would have been if we did pass the ball more.... Our best drive there was the first drive of the game, when we had JP throwing in tough 3rd down situations.

We are 30th in Offense in the NFL and that is with an improving offense.... The 29th offense Cleveland is 10 yards ahead of us and 28th Houston is 30 yards ahead. Conversely 31 & 32 (TB & Oak) we are 3 & 15 yards ahead of them. We are ridiculously pathetic and yet you are satisfied?????

What makes it funny is that yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we have played better. However it is still inexcusable....

We are 30th in Offense in the NFL and that is with an improving offense....  The 29th offense Cleveland is 10 yards ahead of us and 28th Houston is 30 yards ahead.  Conversely 31 & 32 (TB & Oak) we are 3 & 15 yards ahead of them.  We are ridiculously pathetic and yet you are satisfied?????

What makes it funny is that yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we have played better.  However it is still inexcusable....

864636[/snapback]

I never said I was satisfied and I don't think many of us are saying that, either. We're happy that the team is improving - a little bit here & there and enough to win some games, but I can't say that we're all "satisifed".

Nonetheless, I see the problem here....your expectations haven't been adjusted since 1993. The Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Lofton/Beebe/Metzelaars offenses were obviously a dangerous passing team. While I don't readily have the numbers, they had to be among the NFL's top 10 offenses - probably even over the 5-6 years when they began winning in 1988.

I don't think the 2006 Bills passing offense is *inexcusable* at 30th because many of us (outside of you, apparently) did not expect them to be much better than that. If we (fans, media, etc.) *expected* the Bills to run their offense like Indy's, only then would a 30th-ranked offense be inexcusable.

Ask the 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens whether or not their lowly-ranked offense mattered in the end. Bottom line - they could run the ball well, had GREAT defenses, and threw the ball just enough to keep defenses honest.

We have not run the football well at all in those games....  Can only say we did okay vs. the Jets, though 170 yards is not exactly earth shattering anywhere except the Bills fan's world.  The Indy game was very winnable and would have been if we did pass the ball more....  Our best drive there was the first drive of the game, when we had JP throwing in tough 3rd down situations.

864636[/snapback]

The loss in Indy had absolutely nothing to do with your need for more passing. In fact, Losman was sacked four times that game, which would indicate we were RIGHT in not passing more because our pass protection sucked. Running the ball killed the clock, kept the Colts off the field and took their crowd totally out of the game. In fact, up to Lindell's missed field goal with 6:30 left on the clock, we were leading in time of possession. Now, I know you don't care for anything that doesn't support your line of thinking, but against a team like Indy, you MUST win the TOP game.

The more telling stat for that game was simply this: 0-3 red zone efficiency. We were inside the 20 three times and came away with no TDs.

But you keep hanging on to whatever thought it is you're trying to get across. With everyone boo-hooing over a misunderstood Ralph article, I'll be happy to spend my time showing you how little sense you make.