Racial "Make-up" of

Buffan00

Somebody here at work said they saw an Indy game at the Ralph when they were in our division. And they said that 95% of the fans were white. He also went as far as to say that he heard that Buffalo has the "whitest" fan base in all of sports, and that might be part of the problem with players/media not wanting to give us respect. He said He felt "uncomfortable" at the game (He is Black) Any truth to this, or is it just babble? Sorry if I offended anybody, it wasnt my intention.

What a boring world it would be! :P

828112[/snapback]

And if Kermit is to be believed, it won't be easy, either. :P

I'd have to agree just using simple demographics of the city. Altho, NE's fandom is probably as much, if not more --- I think all of the NE states have populations over 95% ethno-white.

Not quite sure what the point of this is. Is the guy arguing that a mathematical statistic makes him uncomfortable? That if you're not 'among your own' you should automatically not feel safe? :lol::blink:

What can you tell them --- either move there to even it out or move away to where you do feel 'comfortable.'

I brought a friend from NYC downtown to 'Thursday in the Square' in Buffalo. I'm not sure there was one black person there. He pointed it out, I didn't really notice. But once he said something, I looked around and was like, "Holy schit you're right." Maybe R.E.M. was playing or something, I don't remember.

I'll have to pay attention at the next Bills home game, because I honestly don't notice. Off the top of my head it does seem predominantly white. However, no more so than the Bills game in Tampa last year.

At the risk of making vast generalizations, it does often seem that 90% of the ticket scalpers are black. I would say the "Tickets for Sale" guy standing next to the "I Need Tickets" guy on 20A (near the 219) are my favorites.

I brought a friend from NYC downtown to 'Thursday in the Square' in Buffalo.  I'm not sure there was one black person there.  He pointed it out, I didn't really notice.  But once he said something, I looked around and was like, "Holy schit you're right."  Maybe R.E.M. was playing or something, I don't remember.

I'll have to pay attention at the next Bills home game, because I honestly don't notice.  Off the top of my head it does seem predominantly white.  However, no more so than the Bills game in Tampa last year.

At the risk of making vast generalizations, it does often seem that 90% of the ticket scalpers are black.  I would say the "Tickets for Sale" guy standing next to the "I Need Tickets" guy on 20A (near the 219) are my favorites.

828131[/snapback]

We always slow down and yell "look behind you!" to the guy with the I need tickets sign. That one never seems to get old.

Somebody here at work said they saw an Indy game at the Ralph when they were in our division. And they said that 95% of the fans were white. He also went as far as to say that he heard that Buffalo has the "whitest" fan base in all of sports, and that might be part of the problem with players/media not wanting to give us respect. He said He felt "uncomfortable" at the game (He is Black) Any truth to this, or is it just babble? Sorry if I offended anybody, it wasnt my intention.

828094[/snapback]

Yeah, and 95% of <insert Rap artists name Here> are black.

828094[/snapback]

The "white crowd" coment might be true, but I've never given it a second thought. The Buffalo 'burbs aren't necessarily the most racially diverse areas of the country. I didnt notice that until I moved down to GA. People were people until I moved to a place where there's more tension.

I really doubt the media theory though.

-Jeff

828094[/snapback]

Have him watch some other games. I'll bet most stadiums are predomitely white. He shouldn't feel uncomfortable, just because he's a different color. Ask R. Rich how he feels at a game.