PFW - Losman May Be Playing Very Soon

Mark VI

From PFW Weekly - The Way We Hear It - Oct. 4th, 2004

Buffalo

We hear that the NFL debut of Bills rookie QB J.P. Losman could come as soon as three weeks, making Buffalo’s decision not to put Losman on injured reserve appear to have been a smart one. His broken left fibula is healing faster than expected, he has already started jogging and light practicing, and he plans to participate in 7-on-7 drills in practice this week. In fact, if starter Drew Bledsoe continues to struggle, it won’t be a surprise to see Losman thrown into the fray ahead of backup Shane Matthews. Our sources say that Losman would have already played a series or two if he were healthy.

Losman at best will play on 3rd or 4th and short.

57437[/snapback]

what, is he a running back?

Anyway, my question is, why is it that if one of us here had suffered that same injury, would we still be needing a bed pan, while JP does it, and he's running marathons 4 days later?

Man, expensive doctors must learn more in school.

:devil:

We are very very close to being at the point where this season becomes a training camp for next season.

Should we be 1-5 or so when JP is healthy, you WILL see him starting before long. Better get him the full-time game experience this season, then having him start from scratch next year. The same goes for WM.

If JP gets in at least four or five games, and looks decent in doing so, Drew will be released as soon as fiscally prudent, and we will be moving right into the JP era.

From PFW Weekly - The Way We Hear It -  Oct. 4th, 2004

Buffalo

We hear that the NFL debut of Bills rookie QB J.P. Losman could come as soon as three weeks, making Buffalo’s decision not to put Losman on injured reserve appear to have been a smart one. His broken left fibula is healing faster than expected, he has already started jogging and light practicing, and he plans to participate in 7-on-7 drills in practice this week. In fact, if starter Drew Bledsoe continues to struggle, it won’t be a surprise to see Losman thrown into the fray ahead of backup Shane Matthews. Our sources say that Losman would have already played a series or two if he were healthy.

57428[/snapback]

This is the best thing I've read about the Bills in about 9 years.

From PFW Weekly - The Way We Hear It -  Oct. 4th, 2004

Buffalo

57428[/snapback]

I'd love to know just who their sources are.

We are very very close to being at the point where this season becomes a training camp for next season.

Should we be 1-5 or so when JP is healthy, you WILL see him starting before long.  Better get him the full-time game experience this season, then having him start from scratch next year.  The same goes for WM.

If JP gets in at least four or five games, and looks decent in doing so, Drew will be released as soon as fiscally prudent, and we will be moving right into the JP era.

57515[/snapback]

When that happens who do you think will be our 2nd and 3rd QB's.

Anyway, my question is, why is it that if one of us here had suffered that same injury, would we still be needing a bed pan, while JP does it, and he's running marathons 4 days later?

Don't know whether you meant this as a serious question or more of a facetious comment, but I'll tackle it anyway.

1) At least speaking of myself, JPL is like 20 yrs younger & although probably not still growing, his bones aren't in the decay mode that mine are in.

2) Don't know whether there is a correlation or not, but I'd be willing to bet that he's one heck of a better genetic physical specimen than any of us.

3) He probably does get better medical care & rehab than any of us would. Also, possibly the goal of his treatment/rehab might be somewhat different. (i.e. going through the ordeal of having a plate installed & corresponding painful rehab as opposed to no urgency & letting it heal 'on its own').

4) Finally, I can only assume that he's a far more dedicated and ambitious individual than most of us. Particularly w/ regards to his physical condition. This drive is what will make him more successful in his rehab.

I'm hoping TD is the source.

Maybe not likely, but not impossible. PFW is SOMEWHAT credible, isn't it? I mean it's not like that "pro football talk" crap that posts outlandish rumors every day.

The anonymous source who said "we'd sign him tommorow and play him on Sunday" in reference to Milloy last year turned out to be TD, no?

Once he's healthy, and has had a chance to practice for a couple weeks, I would not be surprised to see him at garbage time in some games. However, I'm not convinced that Buffalo regards Bledsoe's season as an utter failure. The Oakland game revealed that there are still a lot of problems dealing with blitzes. Drew did exactly what was asked of him in the Jacksonville game. In the NE game, a lot of the sacks happenned when Buffalo was playing catch up and there was pressure on Drew to complete something deep. NE took advantage of the situation. I would not, however, be disappointed to see Losman start sometime in November once he's had a chance to get back into the swing of things. I want to see what he has. I want to see if he can play with some discipline so he doesn't get himself killed by running all over the place (an occasional scramble is fine).

Once he's healthy, and has had a chance to practice for a couple weeks, I would not be surprised to see him at garbage time in some games.  However, I'm not convinced that Buffalo regards Bledsoe's season as an utter failure.  The Oakland game revealed that there are still a lot of problems dealing with blitzes.  Drew did exactly what was asked of him in the Jacksonville game.  In the NE game, a lot of the sacks happenned when Buffalo was playing catch up and there was pressure on Drew to complete something deep.  NE took advantage of the situation.  I would not, however, be disappointed to see Losman start sometime in November once he's had a chance to get back into the swing of things.  I want to see what he has.  I want to see if he can play with some discipline so he doesn't get himself killed by running all over the place (an occasional scramble is fine).

57597[/snapback]

COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU