I'm sorry but...

ans4e64

Does anyone else feel this way. Their defense is awesome no doubt, but I think our passing game personally will rip them apart. From what i've seen from JP in reading blitzes and getting the ball out fast when necessary I think we will be fine, and i think the more they blitz the better we will do. I'll take 4 WR sets and the deep ball to Lee Evans all day. Lets spread this defense out like teams used to do to Pittsburgh.

I can see it happening. Big emotional blow out win on national TV by "da Bears" over defending NFC Champs. They start to believe their own hype. Lowly Buffalo comes in. We play lights out. It could happen. We'll need to play our best game of the year. Our secondary will have to play well and get a couple of picks maybe even return one for a TD. Good kick returns. No fumbling away TDs or other big mistakes. Our defense is good. We should be able to hold 'em under 20. Now, can we score 20 ourselves? You gotta believe.

go bills

Does anyone else feel this way. Their defense is awesome no doubt, but I think our passing game personally will rip them apart. From what i've seen from JP in reading blitzes and getting the ball out fast when necessary I think we will be fine, and i think the more they blitz the better we will do. I'll take 4 WR sets and the deep ball to Lee Evans all day. Lets spread this defense out like teams used to do to Pittsburgh.

794252[/snapback]

I actually feel good about the game. I think Juron will have the Bills pumped, and I can see a special teams play going our way (for a TD if you read this Terrance McGee). But, Chicago beat G.B., Detriot, Minnestoa, and a banged up Seattle team. The Bears needed a late 4th QT. fumble by B. Johnson to beat the Vikes. So if you look at the Bills and Bears vs. the Vikes, they both looked the same. I know Chicago has a big time D but I think if the BIlls stick to the run like they did last week, it will go either way. I'm still not sold on Rex Grossman. Bears fans were calling to bench him before the season started. Bills 17-13

I started talking about this improbable idea with about 8 mins left in the 3rd quarter of the Sunday Night game. In my opinion, it's setting up as the perfect storm for Chicago.

Dominating win vs the defending NFC Champs. Good for Bills.

Premature talk in Chicago media and national media this week of an undefeated season. Good for Bills.

Premature talk in Chicago and national media about the Bears getting back to Miami with an undefeated season in tact. Good for Bills.

The fact that everyone is talking about how EASY of a schedule the Bears have.

If there is a coach in the league that is familiar with Chicago and their personell, it is Jauron and Fewell. The Bills staff is more familiar with Chicago than the staffs in the NFC North are. This is a decided advantage for the Bills.

Will it take a perfect storm for the Bills to pull this off? Yes, absolutley. No turnovers for Buffalo, forcing a couple Chicago fumbles or INT's, getting at least 2 or 3 sacks and I'm thinking we'll need a score on special teams or defense. We'll need two offensive touchdowns and about 30 carries for Willis. It will have to be the perfect game.

That being said, it's absolutely possible. It's only the NFL.

On any given Sunday...

I think having Fewell on our side may help in terms of picking up on Chicago's tendencies. It also helps that JP will be playing against a Cover-2 defense that he's used to seeing -- although this one is the real deal.

I think the following things all need to happen for us to win...

1. No turnovers by JP and company

2. Jump out to an early lead

3. Win the field position battle via Special Teams

On any given Sunday...

I think having Fewell on our side may help in terms of picking up on Chicago's tendencies. It also helps that JP will be playing against a Cover-2 defense that he's used to seeing -- although this one is the real deal.

I think the following things all need to happen for us to win...

1. No turnovers by JP and company

2. Jump out to an early lead

3. Win the field position battle via Special Teams

794360[/snapback]

Oh -- and a major cutdown on penalties.

This game reminds me a lot of the 1988 game. We were a little more advanced in 1988 than this year, by about a year. We were 4-0, went to Chicago & got dominated in a 24-3 loss. The bad news: we weren't ready to beat a strong Bears team in Chicago, the good news-we won our next 7 games and started the season 11-1.

I don't think the 2006 Bills are good enough to beat the 2006 Bears in Chicago at this point in the season. A year from now, maybe-just not today. We're on our way back, just not this far yet. I'd say the Bears are the best team in the NFC and we'll know a little more why they are after Sunday.

guys you see this game as the most important one in the year.

the most important one is the game on the last sunday of january.

sure, it is a big game, a win in it could bring a lot confidence for the team, but that's not a "finalité".

why be sorry? be confident the bills can win, yes it will be a tough game on the road against a very good team......but if we can pull a game like this out it may even lead to a victory over new england in a few weeks and possibly a spring board into a solid 2nd half of the season.go bills

This game reminds me a lot of the 1988 game.  We were a little more advanced in 1988 than this year, by about a year.  We were 4-0, went to Chicago & got dominated in a 24-3 loss.  The bad news:  we weren't ready to beat a strong Bears team in Chicago, the good news-we won our next 7 games and started the season 11-1. 

I don't think the 2006 Bills are good enough to beat the 2006 Bears in Chicago at this point in the season.  A year from now, maybe-just not today.  We're on our way back, just not this far yet.  I'd say the Bears are the best team in the NFC and we'll know a little more why they are after Sunday.

794364[/snapback]

I hated that game. We went to it in Chicago and we didnt have one thing to cheer abouut the entire game. I may have it mixed up but I thought that was the game Conlan got injured in. We sucked bad, and they dominated us completely.

All I'm saying is who have the Bears beaten? A bad Packers team, a feisty but winless Lions, the Vikings who blow the game with a late fumble, and a Seattle team playing without the MVP of the league. I'm not going to make any bold predictions but this is the 2006 NFL. There are no more dominant teams. Let's go Bills!!! <_<

794252[/snapback]

The last time I felt that way, we lost