Clements

DPR4444

Is Clements already looking toward next year?  He seems even more lackadaisical than usual.  The only "play" I remember The Playmaker making yesterday was an ole' move on a Jets receiver, allowing him to continue running down the sideline.

785472[/snapback]

Well, there was the trip. <_<

Yep. I said it last year. Clements is OVER-RATED. Only in HIS mind is he a "playmaker".

Get Youboty in there.

785479[/snapback]

"You people are an embarrassment."

"Do you !@#$ing tards know ANYTHING about the game?"

"You people are an embarrassment."

"Do you !@#$ing tards know ANYTHING about the game?"

785490[/snapback]

When's the last time that the "playmaker" has pulled in a huge INT?

How about when's the last time he stuck his nose in on a running play?

Thought so.

Playmaker my ass.

Thought so.

Playmaker my ass.

785491[/snapback]

NC will be gone next year and the Bills will be drafting ANOTHER CB in the 1st round in 2007. Antoine Winfield is the better all around CB(I'm still bitter pissed that they let him get away) and if I could trade the two right now, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

NC will be gone next year and the Bills will be drafting ANOTHER CB in the 1st round in 2007.  Antoine Winfield is the better all around CB(I'm still bitter pissed that they let him get away) and if I could trade the two right now, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

785499[/snapback]

Me too. Clements is yet another of TD's draftees that show zero toughness and skill in the clutch.

EDIT: I'm so pissed at Mcgahee's blocking that I can't think.

<_<

NC will be gone next year and the Bills will be drafting ANOTHER CB in the 1st round in 2007.  Antoine Winfield is the better all around CB(I'm still bitter pissed that they let him get away) and if I could trade the two right now, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

785499[/snapback]

That little **** does come to play doesn't he? He covers well and is a beast against the run.

Me too. Clements is yet another of TD's  draftees that show zero toughness and skill in the clutch.

EDIT: I'm so pissed at Mcgahee's blocking that I can't think.

<_<

785502[/snapback]

Clements went to Ohio State, but thats besides the point. He plays soft for a big corner (6-0, 210). What I don't understand is the 8 - 10 yard cushion the receivers got when Pennington didn't throw a ball over 10 yards the whole day

Clements went to Ohio State, but thats besides the point.  He plays soft for a big corner (6-0, 210).  What I don't understand is the 8 - 10 yard cushion the receivers got when Pennington didn't throw a ball over 10 yards the whole day

785512[/snapback]

Yeah, I caught that after I posted. Like I said, it's McGahee's pussified play that has me in a twist today.

Yet another third and short unable to be converted because he can't jump, dive or fall forward. And yet ANOTHER blown block.

I will agree that Nate looked foolish on at least two plays and he hasn't had an interception this season, but he also hasn't given up any huge plays.

Do corners typically come up with huge plays in the Tampa 2? I thought their main responsibility was to lock down their side/section of the field.

I will agree that Nate looked foolish on at least two plays and he hasn't had an interception this season, but he also hasn't given up any huge plays.

Do corners typically come up with huge plays in the Tampa 2? I thought their main responsibility was to lock down their side/section of the field.

785524[/snapback]

Ronde Barber has made a pro-bowl career out of the tampa 2. It allows the CB to play more aggressively and jump routes as he has safety help over the top most of the time.

Thought so.

Playmaker my ass.

785491[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. He needs to be the next addition to the "Out with the old, in with the new" brigade.

Ronde Barber has made a pro-bowl career out of the tampa 2.  It allows the CB to play more aggressively and jump routes as he has safety help over the top most of the time.

785525[/snapback]

Barber is a heck of a CB, but outside of his 10 INT year in 2001, he has only averaged 2.5 INT's per year. Nate is still learning this defense.

I am not trying to defend him as much as I am playing Devil's Advocate.

Regardless of all his INTs and all, and the fact thatyou don't want to hear his name called; you still expect him to tackle the ball carrier when they run right by him! It's almost as though he's afraid to get hit.

Regardless of all his INTs and all, and the fact thatyou don't want to hear his name called; you still expect him to tackle the ball carrier when they run right by him!  It's almost as though he's afraid to get hit.

785565[/snapback]

Not to mention that Tim Dwight kicked his ASS on that one run.

Is Clements already looking toward next year?  He seems even more lackadaisical than usual.  The only "play" I remember The Playmaker making yesterday was an ole' move on a Jets receiver, allowing him to continue running down the sideline.

785472[/snapback]

I mentioned before the season started, that the team may have to abandon the cover 2 scheme after 4 games.

785499[/snapback]

Antoine was one of the best tackling cb's I have ever seen. Shoe string tackles and solid against the run. Sometimes I just think that Nate is going through the motions.

Antoine was one of the best tackling cb's I have ever seen.  Shoe string tackles and solid against the run.  Sometimes I just think that name is going through the motions.

785721[/snapback]

In the last three years, since leaving the Bills, Winfield has eight INTs. So does Clements. In the last two years, Antoine has five INTs. Clements has two. The playmaker ain't making enough plays.

I would take Nate's 7 Mill, Tim Anderson's 0.5 Mill, and trade it for a 4.5 Mill DT or LT, and a 3 Mil free agent CB.

3 Mil CB gets you a Quentin Jammer, marcus trufant type player. Nate isn't way better than those guys. Then add in Tommie Harris/Vince Wolfork, etc which are around the 3-4 mil range on defense, or a very solid OLineman.

I would take Nate's 7 Mill, Tim Anderson's 0.5 Mill, and trade it for a 4.5 Mill DT or LT, and a 3 Mil free agent CB.

3 Mil CB gets you a Quentin Jammer, marcus trufant type player.  Nate isn't way better than those guys.  Then add in Tommie Harris/Vince Wolfork, etc which are around the 3-4 mil range on defense, or a very solid OLineman.

785744[/snapback]

Christmas list? :blush:

What the hell do you want him to do when teams are gameplanning away from him and QB's are terrified to throw the ball at him? I suppose at the snap he should leave his zone and sprint across to the other side of the field so that he can be near the ball? He's spent the first three games shutting down his 1/3rd of the field, but yeah he sucks. :blush:

He's spent his entire career sticking his face in the blender you 'tard.

Playmaker my ass.

So your real problem with him is his mouth not his game.

I think you're just suffering from mouth envy. :angry:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :doh:  0:)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

786075[/snapback]

If you think that's so funny then you either haven't been watching the Bills this year or you have a limited understanding of the game and how offenses attack defenses. :doh:

2 of the 3 teams we played have thrown for under 200 yards. I dont remember seeing a pass over 40 yards on this defense outside of a dumpoff to leon washington. I also dont remember brady/culpepper or pennington throwing to clements side maybe more then twice a game, as we do not play man to man one cb is not locked up on one wr throughout the entire game. I also noticed more instance where teams threw at mcgee. Generally when you dont hear a cb's name it's because he's playing well. The majority of the completions the defense is giving up are not by attacking the corners it's by attacking the middle of the field where the lb's are covering. If anyone can point out different and cite examples to the contrary please feel free to do so.

Is Clements already looking toward next year?  He seems even more lackadaisical than usual.....

785472[/snapback]

I rarely get in any way abusive or offensive in my posts but I must say that this post is absolutely MORONIC.

I know it's not politically correct but I would love a 'Tard' smiley complete with distorted facial features & mongy hands....I'd be using it here.

Where did this notion come about that players about to hit FA start to take it easy? That is just STUPID! The player will be doing there utmost to appear to be upper-echelon talent so they can get the huge contract.....not play like a looser so they get the okay one. :D

The next contract NC (or even WM for that matter) signs will be his 'big' one. It will be a multi-year deal & take him to his twilight years as a player. To even contemplate he is slacking it off for....what possible reason is there? For saving himself for his new club??? *sigh*

The concept is MORONIC!

If you think that's so funny then you either haven't been watching the Bills this year or you have a limited understanding of the game and how offenses attack defenses.  :D

786813[/snapback]

That's not what I saw yesterday. They weren't afraid to go right at him and his play was very uninspired. Don't get me wrong, I think what you're saying happened the first two weeks - but this week it wasn't the case.

Damn yall are being rough....

yes he hasnt gottin a pic yet....but i cant recall a play were he was beat deep....He has given up the little dink and dunks infront of him

hasnt been as agressive in the run game as he has in years past, but maybe just maybe he isnt being asked to press the lines against the run.....

he also has missed a few tackles...but what corner doesnt(besides Winfield)....

:

The next contract NC (or even WM for that matter) signs will be his 'big' one.  It will be a multi-year deal & take him to his twilight years as a player.  To even contemplate he is slacking it off for....what possible reason is there?  For saving himself for his new club???  *sigh*

The concept is MORONIC!

786828[/snapback]

Yes, the concept of any player slacking off in the year before free agency is moronic. But I'm not talking about any player in general. I'm talking specifically about what I have seen from Clements this year -- he seems [to me] tentative, unwilling to sacrifice his body to make a tackle, and possibly afraid of an injury which could endanger that big next contract. Is that possibility moronic?