Bills fans are the Best at Tailgating

ganesh

Linky

Best Tailgating

-Buffalo Bills

Andrew: "They open the lots to RVs 3-4 days before hand. People do show up Thursday and Friday, and it's a big party scene by the weekend. We've seen hot tubs on flatbed trucks in the middle of January."

Honorable mention: Green Bay, Kansas City

For overall experience, we were ranked #28 amongst the 32 teams.

Overall Experience

I remember the first time that I ever went to the Ralph. It was the Bills Bengals game on Dec. 29, 2002. I made the trip up with 3 of my buddies, all Bengals fans.

One of the highlights of the long weekend for me was my first visit to the Ralph - it was late Saturday night, we made a quick trek from our hotel to the stadium just so that I could see it before we hit up the night life in Niagara Falls. Upon driving up, we were all amazed at how many campers there were, with bonfires and drunks everywhere. The funniest part is that while we're driving through the lot, some (*^*&%^$^#started running towards our van - he probably ran 50 yards or more until he stumbled to our van and started yelling some random name. We were obviously a little threatened, but it turned out the guy thought that we were someone else and went on his way.

Gotta love that guys Sabres fleece

782901[/snapback]

They're actually from Buffalo...read the article, they're Bills season ticket holders.

They nailed the Washington experience...pretty decent assessment and pretty much mirrors the experience I've had in other NFL venues.

Ive been to Carolina and I was in New England two weeks ago for the opener and I'd say neither of their fans were close to as rowdy as Bills fans at the Ralph. Come the second half I looked around to find the swarms of yellow security guards kicking people out and none of this was anywhere to be found at either stadium. I must also say my friend and I were very pretty banged up and not too quiet for the majority of the pats/bills game and no one really gave us much of a problem. Very surprising considering we were up in the cheap seats in the corner. I know in Buffalo this type of behavior by an opposing fan is not very accepted. Defintiely think the Buffalo scene was significantly rowdier than New Englands fans. And as for Carolina, I saw them play the falcons.. Everyone down there is real calm and subdued. I dont quite get that southern mentality...

Go Bills

Oh ya one other thing, didn't SI do a poll a year or two ago about best NFL tailgating? Buffalo won and went up against Penn State (PSU won the NCAA poll).. PSU smoked them.. PErsonally I've been to Penn State games and I didnt think the tailgating was as rowdy either..

I have not been to many other football stadiums, but I cannot imagine any of them being as good as RWS.

This will be the 13th consecutive year at RWS for our foursome, and we have been treated with nothing at all but pure kindness.

I marvel at the family atmosphere. Yeah, there are drunks and maniacs, but that doesn't phase me at all. What grips me is the spirit. There are groups of families, friends, and what I consider to be some of the nicest, and some of the funniest people I have ever met.

Perhaps my views are slanted, but I truly view Bills Fans as different. We are a group of people who will B word, moan, argue even with each other, but we will never give up. At RWS, this seems to be a given, team record notwithstanding.

WNY has some rough weather, but there are few things better than a nice autumn day at the Ralph. The chill in the air is invigorating, as is the experience of watching a football game with hard working, down to earth people.

For a long time, being a Bills Fan has been a part of my identity, a part that I am proud of. SDS once said that being a fan of a football team comes down to being a fan of a reigon and it's people. I fully agree.

I am sorry for this LAMP, but my annual weekend in WNY, and my annual Sunday at the Ralph draws near. I want you people at the TBD tailgate to bring us a victory over the dreaded jests; traitors to the state of NY. Please, make it hard for their offense to hear!

My best wishes go out to all of you. Have a great, and most importantly, a safe home opener, and TBD Tailgate!!!

September is a bad travel month for us. Perhaps one season we can do it in October. We shall see, but in any event...............

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO TBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy at all the games is Pinto Ken and Sunday will be his 200th consecutive game. NFL films is supposed to be sending a film crew to his tailgate at lot1 pole5.

About those two guys. The guy on the right (Kulyk) used to be a Cheektowaga councilman-I can tell you stories about him.

The guy who put this together is obviously an idiot. Anyone who thinks fans in Houston are better than those in Buffalo has his head up his bippy. I lived in Houston when the Oilers were in the midst of a 7 year playoff run. The SOB's couldn't sell out ANY games in a 65,000 seat stadium in the 4th largest city in the country with a playoff caliber team without the local grocery store (Randall's) buying between 4-8,000 tickets.

There is one guy that travels to every venue every year and just parties and tailgates. He always ranks us in the top three with Green Bay and KC. I went to Seattle a few years back- great stadium- zero ambience outside. No tailgating at all. It was sad.

783098[/snapback]

I don't think thats possible to do in one season. 17 weeks < 32 teams, but i'm kinda drunk so i dunno

And as for Carolina, I saw them play the falcons.. Everyone down there is real calm and subdued.  I dont quite get that southern mentality...

783307[/snapback]

You should try going to an SEC game sometime. I think it would rid you of the "quite southern mentality" idea you have.

You should try going to an SEC game sometime.  I think it would rid you of the "quite southern mentality" idea you have.

783938[/snapback]

I second that. The pro game in the South doesn't generate the passion the college game does. Check out the following site:

Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer

The guy who runs this site wrote a book by the same name. In the book, he writes about the devotion Alabama Crimson Tide fans have for their team. He has two examples on his site:

"Freeman and Betty Reese, who skipped their own daughter’s wedding because it coincided with a Bama game; Ray Pradat, the Episcopalian minister who watches the games on a television set beside his altar while performing weddings"

Linky

Best Tailgating

-Buffalo Bills

Andrew: "They open the lots to RVs 3-4 days before hand. People do show up Thursday and Friday, and it's a big party scene by the weekend. We've seen hot tubs on flatbed trucks in the middle of January."

Honorable mention: Green Bay, Kansas City

For overall experience, we were ranked #28 amongst the 32 teams.

Overall Experience

782897[/snapback]

You know I actually met those two guys...they attended one of my tailgates at WVU. Cool guys, and big Buffalo fans.