Still the best sign I ever saw at The Ralph

Rubes

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in 1998 when Philly was terrible, I remember watching an Eagles game where the fans created a banner that literally spanned two sections of seats that read:

Endzone This Way -------------->

773254[/snapback]

Now that's a good one.

But I saw one that said...

"Brian Cox, last name fits personality".

The best sign I ever saw was when I was watching the AFL Championship game on TV KC @ Buffalo to go to Super Bowl I.

It said "Bills in Super Bowl, Chiefs in soup bowl" and had a big bowl of soup drawn. I forget if they had Chief players floating in there, but I remember they drew steam coming from the soup bowl. Years later, when I heard that the 1st Super Bowl wasn't called Super Bowl, I remembered the sign & went to the Buffalo library, found the Courier Express on microfilm and found multiple references to the fact the Chiefs and Packers were going to play in the "Super Bowl".

I like the one I saw on TV a couple of years ago at the Ralph (I think during GW's last year) that said "Send In The Clowns"

773342[/snapback]

The best one I saw was the early 90's at Joe Robbie Stadium. It wasn't in the crowd, but instead it was some retard Miami fan looking to pick up some tickets. It was scribbled on a piece of beat up cardboard and read:

"T Needs Ticket"

So even if he had remembered the bottom bar of the I, it would have read:

"I Needs Ticket"

I think ol "T" is a fine representative of Fish Nation. Don't you?

We played the Titans in a home night game the year after the Music City Screwjob...early in the year, possibly even opening week.

A sign in the crowd said "If revenge is a dish best served cold, why isn't it December?"

Got my emotions all stirred up, and we came out and kicked their @ss that night.